Can't access Xbox Game Pass after downgrading

Discus and support Can't access Xbox Game Pass after downgrading in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I used to have Game Pass Ultimate for PC & Xbox but downgraded to just Xbox Game Pass. When I try to access Game Pass or Xbox Live Gold games on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by A Cliff1, Jul 2, 2023.

1. A Cliff1
    A Cliff1 Guest

I used to have Game Pass Ultimate for PC & Xbox but downgraded to just Xbox Game Pass. When I try to access Game Pass or Xbox Live Gold games on my console it asks me if I want to subscribe to those services. Is Gold seperate from Game Pass now? I assumed Xbox Game Pass allowed access to Games with Gold. Either way not sure why it keeps asking me to subscribe to Game Pass when I already am? I checked the subscription settings on my console and it says I have Game Pass.

:)

A Cliff1, Jul 2, 2023
  2. A Cliff1 Win User

Thanks for the quick response and clarification! I was able to cancel game pass and subscribed to gold.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that Game Pass for Console and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate are different because Xbox Game Pass Ultimate includes Xbox Live Gold, PC Game Pass, and EA Play.

If you only have Game Pass for Console, then yes, the Xbox Live Gold subscription needs to be purchased separately.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Change subscription

Also, if you purchase Game Pass first, then it would be converted to Ultimate and if you cancel ultimate, you would lose your Game Pass subscription. So if you do cancel Ultimate, do it first before you downgrade to just Game Pass.

Which subscription are you downgrading to, is it Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, or Game Pass Core?

If Game Pass Core, you will only have access to just over 30 games that are part of the Game Pass catalogue, and online multiplayer.

If Xbox Game Pass, you will have access to all the Game Pass games on the Xbox Console, and no online multiplayer.

If PC Game Pass, then you will have access to all the Game Pass games on the PC including EA Play, and online multiplayer.
  5. zl DiviNe lz Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Downgrade not possible?

According to the Amazon website, there is a possibility to downgrade, just wait for the subscription time to end. "Downgrading? After you've upgraded, you can still redeem Live Gold and Game Pass Console
    codes towards the value of an Ultimate month. To downgrade, just wait for your Ultimate plan to end and re-join."

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Game-Pass-Ultimate-Months/dp/B07S97D11H
  6. Gizzer3010 Win User

Game pass ultimate cancellation and previous games with gold from Xbox live

Hi benfransen,

In effect, GPU is just enhancing your gold (so you get Game Pass as well). The only thing you would lose access to if you "downgraded" to Gold, is access to the Game Pass content (unless you purchased the games outright). Everything else would stay as it
    is now.

Best,

Thema:

1. Can't access Xbox Game Pass after downgrading - Similar Threads - Can't access Game

2. I can't access online play for any games

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't access online play for any games: , I tried reseting xbox, reseting internet, I don't know what to do d294be48-c659-4a41-a5f3-5cf73d4e9989
  3. I can't access ForzaHorizon 5 Premium add-on contents in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't access ForzaHorizon 5 Premium add-on contents in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: Yesterday I bought the xbox game pass ultimate and it promised that I would get access to the forza premium add-on, but I didn't get it. 3a6f7836-cda1-4287-a13b-343d3e5247c8
  4. I can't download games or access cloud storage on my Xbox 360.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't download games or access cloud storage on my Xbox 360.: I'm having some download issues with the Xbox 360. I am on wireless internet connection, and my wireless is perfectly fine but the console is only reading the download speed at 0.01 Mbps, when my...
  5. Why can't I access my games after I already paid for subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I access my games after I already paid for subscription: I paid for Xbox game pass subscription so I didn't have to wait to play these games especially campaign modes. 98e53dab-64c4-46b1-b5cf-62f59fed1fd2
  6. I changed my gamer tag and all of my saved games are gone. I can't access them?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamer tag and all of my saved games are gone. I can't access them?: I don't know what to do I changed my gamer tag and lost everything! 2529da44-1743-4d43-8577-ed279b621a49
  7. I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on: I'm trying to have all my saved games that are saved onto the new account so I can continue playing 101201a2-98e0-4124-a2a7-d65698c4ade7
  8. So I spend £70 on a game and now I can't play the early access

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I spend £70 on a game and now I can't play the early access: I have paid for mw3 waited all day managed to play the first three missions, closed the game and come back to it an hour later and now its telling me I need to preorder to play...
  9. Why can't my family access ultimate game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my family access ultimate game pass?: We have an ultimate game pass subscription, we are based in the UK, the xbox one x home setting is set to the xbox. Family members on the microsoft subscripton and xbox only seem to receive game...
  10. Can't access Starfield via Game Pass, even with Premium Upgrade

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access Starfield via Game Pass, even with Premium Upgrade: Hi. I've downloaded and installed Starfield through Game Pass Ultimate, and I've also bought the Premium Edition Upgrade, but I still can't start the game 33cad8a0-1975-4ee0-80db-d8c35763e5a1