Can't access real gamer tag it's just some default tag when I sign in xbox told me a ...

Discus and support Can't access real gamer tag it's just some default tag when I sign in xbox told me a ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello my real gamer tag is when I sign in its surprisedTitan8 I never made this name I have no clue where it came from it's linked to my rewards... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by I GOT THAT COKE, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Can't access real gamer tag it's just some default tag when I sign in xbox told me a ...

Hello my real gamer tag is when I sign in its surprisedTitan8 I never made this name I have no clue where it came from it's linked to my rewards statement I've never recieveEd years of points , I have been a member 10 years I would really
    love to get rid of this name and sign into my real gamertag so I can recieve xbox rewards I spend lots of money on here and haven't received anything but most importantly. I need to sign into my account on this new elite console I got yesterday any help would
    be appreciated

:)

I GOT THAT COKE, Nov 4, 2015
  2. Can't sign in

A couple days ago, my Xbox wouldn't stop saying hi, gamer tag bye, gamer tag when I wanted to sign in. Today when I put in my password (correctly) it would seem like its signing me in for a split second, then it would kick me back to the start screen. This
    is just happening when I want to sign in, not when I'm playing games.

My Xbox is Xbox one S

iam1CoolGriffin, Nov 4, 2015
  3. My Gamer tag has been stolen

I have had this gamer tag since 2003. Almost 3 months ago this started. I am very, very frustrated.

I got a call from the hacker claiming to be from Microsoft. I immediately called XBOX Live support and discovered he had opened an SR against my account. After some confusion they determined it was me. I immediately changed my secrets and passwords and
    even removed my credit cards from the account. The hacker knew my name and phone number even though neither are associated with the gamer tag.

The account was suspended and I waited two weeks for the investigation to complete. I discovered it had been done a few days earlier, but they sent mail to the attacker not me. I recovered by account and shortly after that I discovered my gamer tag has
    been changed. I assume this happened in the window from when Microsoft told the hacker my account was open and when I recovered it. The hacker even sent me a friend request from my gamer tag to the new one. The account that I recovered was mine -- all my
    DLC, points and such were there. Everything but my real gamer tag.

I called XBOX Live, waited 3 weeks and got mail saying there had been no Unauthorized Access. After many calls and emails to the investigation team they tell me that they won't tell me what they did but that there was no Unauthorized Access (without telling
    me what Unauthorized Access means). I did get a supervisor on the phone on the XBOX Live side who told me that the only way to change a gamer tag was paying the 800 points and that wasn't done on my account and that they would not consider any other evidence.

I have had this account for a long time. I have emails from Microsoft telling me about wonder offers addressed to my original gamer tag.

I have a dead (red rings) XBOX with a drive on it from about a year ago that should have my original gamer tag.

The admin name on my current XBOX is the original tag.

I can supply the names of about 50 people that saw my name changed.

When all the initial confusion started we looked things up by my gamer tag and they did that with the original name.

So, despite asking questions about if this can be escalated, if they want my old hard drive to see what my tag was, by offering them emails sent to me using my old gamer tag, they treat me like I'm wrong.

The supervisor who repeated told me "we investigated this twice and saw no purchase of the gamer tag switch so it didn't happen" suggested I post here but he suggested it was a waste of time.

So, is there anyway I can get someone's attention to look at what happened? If there is a way to steal gamer tags without paying the 800 points don't you think I'm doing Microsoft a favor by making them aware?

Is there anyone out there at Microsoft listening? If the answer is "there isn't much we can do" can't someone at least acknowledge that it was my tag?

*heavy sigh*

Tristan-1D022CDB-6D63-46B3-ADD2-171A85A46E31, Nov 4, 2015
  4. RAZZORZEDGE09 Win User

Account was hacked

Look im not trying to pick a fight , the email thing is wrong i need access to my accounts physically to change access . All of these accoumts have my real gamer tag { } as a secondery gamer tag wich denies me access to security settings
  5. DanteSparda504 Win User

Transferring gamertag from one Microsoft Account to the other on XBOX ONE

What do you mean? You can't transfer gamer tags to different Microsoft Accounts because your gamer tag IS your account.

If you mean getting your gamer tag on an Xbox One, you just sign in. It's simple, and easy, and one of the first things the Xbox One asks you to do when you turn it on for the first time.
  6. youseemeiseeyou Win User

Playing two player split screen in Minecraft

This is not my real gamer tag my real gamer tag is xXZombiebestXx so this is my old gamer tag
  7. SubpotentBog41 Win User

Gamer tag to MS account

I am not sure how it happened. I already had a Microsoft account. When I got my xbox I created an account and got a gamer tag while setting up my xbox. I signed up for xbox live from my xbox using my existing gamer tag and Microsoft account. I then went
    to xbox live and signed in using my Miicrosoft account, and for some reason when I did this a new gamer tag was created and associate to my Microsoft account. So, now when I log into xbox live I see one gamer tag. But on my xbox I have a different gamer
    tag.
  8. Thunderbleed Win User

Gametag Recovery

This still doesn't solve the issue at hand. Like I said before there isn't any options given to me and only a charge fee.
    Again I'm just disappointed at the fact there is no real help and its out of my control. If there is any real solution and there is one, is give me access to the 1 time change your gamer tag option that I've been told by the community.
Thema:

Can't access real gamer tag it's just some default tag when I sign in xbox told me a ...

1. Can't access real gamer tag it's just some default tag when I sign in xbox told me a ... - Similar Threads - Can't access real

2. I can't access online play for any games

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't access online play for any games: , I tried reseting xbox, reseting internet, I don't know what to do d294be48-c659-4a41-a5f3-5cf73d4e9989
  3. My xbox 360 console is stuck on the update screen i can't access my dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 console is stuck on the update screen i can't access my dashboard: my xbox 360 console is stuck on the system update stopped screen, i can't even access my dashboard and this started when i was updating it using a usb since i don't have a hard drive so i used a...
  4. I can't access my Xbox Accessories app

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't access my Xbox Accessories app: My D-pad on my controller won't work with my PC, I tried to use the Xbox Accessories app to update it and to change the controls back to normal, but every time I load up the app it's only active...
  5. Why i can't Access my Blooket Account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i can't Access my Blooket Account?: Hi everyone, I hope this message finds you well. I am currently facing some difficulties with my Blooket account login and would greatly appreciate your assistance. Thank you in advance for your...
  6. I added $25 to my child's account yesterday, but he can't access it. Nor can I. WHAT IS...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I added $25 to my child's account yesterday, but he can't access it. Nor can I. WHAT IS...: I can see the money in his account balance, but he can't make any purchases unless I add MORE money. I can't click on Spending to see what's happening because the site crashes (see this post from...
  7. My Xbox account was disconnected from my Microsoft account, thus I can't access it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox account was disconnected from my Microsoft account, thus I can't access it.: My Xbox account was disconnected from my Microsoft account, thus I can't access it. Without luck, I've tried changing my password, checking in with a Microsoft account on minecraft.net, and...
  8. I can't access ForzaHorizon 5 Premium add-on contents in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't access ForzaHorizon 5 Premium add-on contents in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: Yesterday I bought the xbox game pass ultimate and it promised that I would get access to the forza premium add-on, but I didn't get it. 3a6f7836-cda1-4287-a13b-343d3e5247c8
  9. Pointless since no real support but can't access my Xbox Series X or S since 24hrs and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pointless since no real support but can't access my Xbox Series X or S since 24hrs and...: As per the title this is pointless and I'm sure someone will pop in with turn it off and on again... Done all trouble shooting, reset Xbox, updated firmware offline same problem, would you like...
  10. Can't access the forums with my REAL account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't access the forums with my REAL account.: This has puzzled me for a while and even the MS XBox support staff who finally suggested I post this here and the forum staff will look into this and fix it. With my "real" MS account with my...