Can't access old outlook account, Can't sign in on xbox

Discus and support Can't access old outlook account, Can't sign in on xbox in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi I have an old outlook account which was my main alias for microsoft. I've since switched it to a new email and phone number and removed the old... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Henry Amini, Apr 22, 2023.

1. Henry Amini
    Henry Amini Guest

Hi

I have an old outlook account which was my main alias for microsoft. I've since switched it to a new email and phone number and removed the old outlook address. I was recently logged out of my xbox account and asked for a password. For some reason xbox assumes the main alias for the account is the dead outlook address, even though when I log in on the computer it knows the correct alias.

I have a different xbox account (not linked to my main microsoft account) which uses my new alias. I also can not log into that one because it's linked to the alias but seemingly not connected to any microsoft so it always says some unknown error occurs when I try to log in.

Not sure what's going on or how to fix it.

What I have tried:

- Logging in on my xbox console with my microsoft password when it prompts me with the old alias (it keeps telling me it's ssending verification emails to the old outlook address which I do not have access to)

- Logging in with "use a different device" through my computer (the computer prompts me with the correct alias but then the xbox says that those alias' are already being used for a different account)

- Logging into my old outlook account (when I type in the password it says it sent a verification email to the address I'm currently trying to log into... ****)

:)

Henry Amini, Apr 22, 2023
  2. Yuri Nk. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Georges C. Welcome to the community.

Hello Henry, have you tried any procedure on your console to see if it accepts your account with the new Alias?
  3. AridLizard Win User

Move Gamertag from Adult Email to Kid Email without losing all the **** I've spent so much money on.....

if the primary email address is a Microsoft account (Outlook, Live, Hotmail) it can't be removed as this will close the email account permanently and it will no longer be accessible.
  4. AdrielEstevez Win User

How do I get in contact with Microsoft support so they can help me get an account that was hacked and replaced?

the problem is I can't sign in the hacker changed my email to outlook something fu**@outlook.com and everytime I put my email it says account with the corresponding email dosent exist so I can't sign in and ask for help since the account I sign in with is the one they try and help
  5. ArminatorX Win User

How to merge two xbox accounts

Since both of your accounts are Microsoft Accounts (i.e. your @live account and the >Hotmail/Outlook account), you can't merge these two into one Microsoft Account via a sign in alias.

Is there a specific reason, why the purchase of the Ultimate Game Pass has to be done on the new account?

If the new account is "simply" used for your current emails and stuff, you could make your @live account your sign in account for your PC, and add the Hotmail/Outlook account as an additional account to your PC, and still access Mail and other Microsoft
    Account services.
  6. SheepishPond648 Win User

Can't access old account

Hey there,

So, your wanting a new email address to be connected to or a different account?

I'm not understanding what your asking for. When you say email is no longer active. Was the account closed, or closed due to inactivity - ie. no login for more then 365 days?

If your talking about this account, then how are you able to post in the forums with that account?

Regards,
    So I would like an old account to be switched onto the email address I am currently using with this sheepish account. Probably inactivity, basically my dad used comcast.net for work and back when we had them for cable and stuff too.
    But, we all switched to gmail and that email was forgotten. Now I can't get into that email that is associated with my main account.
Thema:

1. Can't access old outlook account, Can't sign in on xbox - Similar Threads - Can't access old

2. I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on: I'm trying to have all my saved games that are saved onto the new account so I can continue playing 101201a2-98e0-4124-a2a7-d65698c4ade7
  3. my son had to reset console, can't access profile as we tried all our old emails. can't get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my son had to reset console, can't access profile as we tried all our old emails. can't get...: My son had to reset the console, we cannot retrieve his username as we tried all the old email/ passwords, we can't get to speak to anyone in person to help. Tried emails and passwords now has set...
  4. Can't access Microsoft account due to very old email account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't access Microsoft account due to very old email account.: Hi, I have had an account for very long time and it was set-up with a email that has been permanently deleted due to inactivity, so when I am asked for my password I can't open my account. And...
  5. Xbox account linked to old college email, servers deleted, can't access account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox account linked to old college email, servers deleted, can't access account: When logging into xbox it says I can't log in, that there is unusual activity, and they need to send an email to my email associated with the account to help log in. the email is an old...
  6. My old email account got compromised months ago and I still can't access my Xbox Live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    My old email account got compromised months ago and I still can't access my Xbox Live account: As the title states, an old email address (which I was able to recover in a relatively short time) got compromised months ago. All accounts tied to this email were also compromised, including my...
  7. Old Microsoft Accound doesn't exist and can't Access my Old Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old Microsoft Accound doesn't exist and can't Access my Old Account: Hello I go by the User Name Atheran Zala on Xbox now but My old account which was called suzakukururugi2 but my brother Picked up the newer one suzakukururugi3 and I am trying to get back into the...
  8. Can't access my old xbox 360 account that had gmail.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access my old xbox 360 account that had gmail.: So i had an account on xbox 360 that was connected to my gmail account and it was even connected in my computer on the xbox app a couple of months ago when i could login with my gmail and now i...
  9. Can't access my old live acc and won't play 1080p

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't access my old live acc and won't play 1080p: Hey I recently did a factory reset on my xbox one which means I have to make a new account right? The only problem is I have to pay for my memberships again which will mean I will be getting...
  10. Can't Access XBOX Profile on Old Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Access XBOX Profile on Old Account: Hi All, I have an old XBOX profile associated with a Hotmail account I haven't used in a long time and no longer know the password. I've tried all of the password reset options and called...