Can't Access Old Gamertag, Want Content From It

Discus and support Can't Access Old Gamertag, Want Content From It in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My family and I have a joint Xbox Live account under an old email of my brothers, an email that he no longer has access to. We used the account for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Herbailiwick, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Herbailiwick
    Herbailiwick Guest

My family and I have a joint Xbox Live account under an old email of my brothers, an email that he no longer has access to. We used the account for years and years, but a few months ago the xbox 360 signed us out and he can't remember the password or anything
    that could help us get in. i would like to have access to the songs we downloaded for Rock Band with the account, but I have to get into it in order to transfer them. It's possible I could find out which credit card we paid for them with, but it was years
    ago. I really don't want to have to pay for them all again, and it is the same device so transferring should work, but playing the game is so annoying when we can't play half the songs.

:)

Herbailiwick, Nov 5, 2015
  2. Urantian01
    Urantian01 Guest
    Sharing gold membership between accounts on xbone

Same console?
    If a gamertag is logged into a console, then any other gamertags logged in to said console has access to all content from that first gamertag, and vice versa.

Urantian01, Nov 5, 2015
  3. How can I access DLC content purchased on another gamer tag that I no longer have access to?

I have some Call of Duty: World at war content I purchased a few years back on an old Xbox live gamer tag. I want to access this content through my current gamer tag.

I am sure the content licences were transferred to my current console, but at some point I deleted the content and the profile that it was associated with.

Now I can't access my old profile and I can't download my content, how can I work around this issue?

Merchant Banker-EE42A5CB-DDA8-40A2-BA48-234D39E43C, Nov 5, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. Unfortunately there is no way to transfer content from one account to the other. If your brother knows the email address for his gamertag then he can change the password by following these steps.

support.xbox.com/.../lost-password-solution

onyxishere, Nov 5, 2015
  5. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. Unfortunately there is no way to transfer content from one account to the other. If your brother knows the email address for his gamertag then he can change the password by following these steps.

support.xbox.com/.../lost-password-solution
  6. RiskMgmt101 Win User

Data Transfer Question (s)

Licenses only apply to downloaded content, not to games on disk. The "DRM" license for downloaded content is attached to 1) the purchasing gamertag, and 2) the console I.D. of the console that downloaded it. So if you haven't changed consoles since you
    purchased content with the old gamertag, it shouldn't be an issue. If you did change consoles, simply perform a "license transfer"...it's in the xbox menus now in account management. So, therefore, you should have access to content you downloaded with the
    old gamertag, with a new gamertag. But remember if you ever need to redownload that content you would have to be able to sign in with your old gamertag. You cannot transfer the download history from one gamertag to another as Juan Van was eluding to.
  7. IngameInstincts Win User

Transferring Downloaded games/add-ons from one xbox 360 to another, and to a second profile.

Hola Draconiwolf ! Download content are tied to the gamertag it was purchased on as well the console it was purchased on. That console license is what allows all profiles to use the content . But once you go to another console that doesn't have that license
    , only the gamertag that purchased the content can use it while signed into live. If your brother want to give you access in the new console he will need to transfer the licenses from the old console and redownload the licenses for the content to the new console
    but that only will allow the content to be played only in the new console ,not both consoles and your brother still will be the owner.
  8. Dirty Loco Win User

can i transfer points from my old account to new?

No, you can't transfer anything at all from one account to another. What you can do is buy the Marketplace content on your old account, then you can access that same content on you new account from the same console.
  9. Smwutches Win User

SUMMER OF ARCADE SKINS FOR MINECRAFT PLEASE HELP

Sorry, but if the content is no longer available in the marketplace there is no way to purchase it for the new account. Content licenses are tied to the gamertag that purchased (or downloaded) the content and the console it was purchased on. So you can't
    move the license to your new account either.

A license transfer would move the console license to your new console and should allow you to access the content from your new account, but if you don't want to do a license transfer, then there is no other way.
Thema:

1. Can't Access Old Gamertag, Want Content From It - Similar Threads - Can't Access Old

2. I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on: I'm trying to have all my saved games that are saved onto the new account so I can continue playing 101201a2-98e0-4124-a2a7-d65698c4ade7
  3. my son had to reset console, can't access profile as we tried all our old emails. can't get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my son had to reset console, can't access profile as we tried all our old emails. can't get...: My son had to reset the console, we cannot retrieve his username as we tried all the old email/ passwords, we can't get to speak to anyone in person to help. Tried emails and passwords now has set...
  4. Can't access Microsoft account due to very old email account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't access Microsoft account due to very old email account.: Hi, I have had an account for very long time and it was set-up with a email that has been permanently deleted due to inactivity, so when I am asked for my password I can't open my account. And...
  5. Can't access old outlook account, Can't sign in on xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't access old outlook account, Can't sign in on xbox: Hi I have an old outlook account which was my main alias for microsoft. I've since switched it to a new email and phone number and removed the old outlook address. I was recently logged out of my...
  6. Xbox account linked to old college email, servers deleted, can't access account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox account linked to old college email, servers deleted, can't access account: When logging into xbox it says I can't log in, that there is unusual activity, and they need to send an email to my email associated with the account to help log in. the email is an old...
  7. My old email account got compromised months ago and I still can't access my Xbox Live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    My old email account got compromised months ago and I still can't access my Xbox Live account: As the title states, an old email address (which I was able to recover in a relatively short time) got compromised months ago. All accounts tied to this email were also compromised, including my...
  8. Old Microsoft Accound doesn't exist and can't Access my Old Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old Microsoft Accound doesn't exist and can't Access my Old Account: Hello I go by the User Name Atheran Zala on Xbox now but My old account which was called suzakukururugi2 but my brother Picked up the newer one suzakukururugi3 and I am trying to get back into the...
  9. Can't access my old live acc and won't play 1080p

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't access my old live acc and won't play 1080p: Hey I recently did a factory reset on my xbox one which means I have to make a new account right? The only problem is I have to pay for my memberships again which will mean I will be getting...
  10. Can't Access XBOX Profile on Old Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Access XBOX Profile on Old Account: Hi All, I have an old XBOX profile associated with a Hotmail account I haven't used in a long time and no longer know the password. I've tried all of the password reset options and called...