Cant access old gamertag account

Discus and support Cant access old gamertag account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My old gamertag email had been deleted because I have not used it for a very long time. Now, I can not access my old gamertag with all my achievements... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TJK__11, Jan 4, 2017.

1. TJK__11
    TJK__11 Guest

My old gamertag email had been deleted because I have not used it for a very long time. Now, I can not access my old gamertag with all my achievements on it, because now my gamertag is not associated to any type of email.

I tried to even create the same email, using the same email address to acquire my old gamertag, which did not work.

I tried calling support to help me fix this issue, but they just keep telling me that my email is not linked to my gamertag, and there is no email linked to it either. They also told me that the gamertag that I am currently using doesnt exist even though
    I still see it amd cam search up my gamertag and find myself.

Has anyone ever had this problem, and has it been resolved?

I would like to keep all my old achievements ive acquired since ive started to play xbox, but microsoft is making it very difficult.

here is a link to another thread where someone has had the same problem as i have.

The email that belonged to my gamertag was deleted years ago. help! - Xbox 360 Message Board for Xbox 360 - GameFAQs

Unable to recover old gamertag because of email address weirdness. Please help! : xboxone

:)

TJK__11, Jan 4, 2017
  2. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    cant access an old account

Hi there,

I'm afraid that since somebody else owns the email address, the xbox live account is considered theirs, the only option would be to contact the owner of the email address and get them to help and move the Xbox Live Account to a different Microsoft account,
    see this link for the steps:
    support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

You will need the email and password to do those steps, which is why the owner of the email address (Microsoft Account) is needed to assist

WPAK, Jan 4, 2017
  3. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Daft Badger, Jan 4, 2017
  4. Cant access old gamertag account

Hey, snapped!

Man, sorry to see the situation you're in! This is definitely a difficult one, and hopefully I can help you get sorted out.

I see that you were able to create your email again, and that's terrific! However, if you've attached it to another gamertag, that will cause some issues. If you have done this in hopes of grabbing that GT again, create a new Outlook email on

email swap page
    . It will go something like this to start the process of getting you in a good state:

"Deleted" email A (the one you recreated) is attached to Gamertag A. You want it attached to Gamertag B (your old gamertag). Create Email B via the link above and follow the steps on the support article to switch around the email off Gamertag A. Wait a full
    48 hours, check on the account site to ensure it's fully removed. Regardless of the status of that, post back here for me so that I know it's completed.

Once that's completed, make sure your contact information on THIS account is up to date via the account site. We'll need that updated to ensure that the team I want to send you to has a way to contact you. We'll be able to pick it up from there!

Misses Quinzel, Jan 5, 2017
  5. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey, snapped!

Man, sorry to see the situation you're in! This is definitely a difficult one, and hopefully I can help you get sorted out.

I see that you were able to create your email again, and that's terrific! However, if you've attached it to another gamertag, that will cause some issues. If you have done this in hopes of grabbing that GT again, create a new Outlook email on
    Outlook.com, then follow the instructions on our

email swap page
    . It will go something like this to start the process of getting you in a good state:

"Deleted" email A (the one you recreated) is attached to Gamertag A. You want it attached to Gamertag B (your old gamertag). Create Email B via the link above and follow the steps on the support article to switch around the email off Gamertag A. Wait a full
    48 hours, check on the account site to ensure it's fully removed. Regardless of the status of that, post back here for me so that I know it's completed.

Once that's completed, make sure your contact information on THIS account is up to date via the account site. We'll need that updated to ensure that the team I want to send you to has a way to contact you. We'll be able to pick it up from there!
  6. Sensual Manatee Win User

Question about recover Old Gamertag

I am unable to access my old Microsoft account. However when I do a search of Xbox Gamertag's my account is still live. Is there a way to link my old gamertag to a new account?
    Whats the reason you cant access the old Microsoft account? Don't remember the password or what email you used?

You can try at the link below, but it seems like if you don't at least know what the old email is, I don't think it will be possible.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/manage-account/forgot-microsoft-account-solution

7. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

I'm afraid that since somebody else owns the email address, the xbox live account is considered theirs, the only option would be to contact the owner of the email address and get them to help and move the Xbox Live Account to a different Microsoft account,
    see this link for the steps:
    support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

You will need the email and password to do those steps, which is why the owner of the email address (Microsoft Account) is needed to assist
  8. Daft Badger Win User

9. OversizeFrame0 Win User

cannot reset password as i cannot access email or phone number linked to it, it doesnt belong to us but an ex who set the xbox up
Thema:

1. Cant access old gamertag account - Similar Threads - Cant access old

2. i cant remember my password but dont have access to my secondary email but i can tell you...

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant remember my password but dont have access to my secondary email but i can tell you...: i cannot remember my password as an old friend who i dont speak to anymore made my microsoft account and so now i cannot play minecraft due to this. I have tried to go on...
  3. i cant access remote access in dev mode

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant access remote access in dev mode: Hi there, I activated developer mode an hour or so ago and have not been able to access the Decive Portal in order to deploy applications/games Getting this out of the way now so I don’t get the...
  4. i cant access to my microsoft acount when i want to play minecraft on my pc

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant access to my microsoft acount when i want to play minecraft on my pc: i currently live in iran or persia (islamic republic of iran) and iran is one of non-access'd countries for microsoft login for minecraft. when i try to log in it says : you cant login in this...
  5. cant access minecraft online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant access minecraft online: hello! i have bought minceraft for both of my kids. they had a child account but it made some problems, so we have changed their age to 18. they still cant access minecraft multiplayer and im...
  6. Why cant i access java if i bought java and bedrock?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i access java if i bought java and bedrock?: Hi everyone I bought java and bedrock edition for minecraft but i can only access bedrock, i went to the java section but it only says buy, not play, i also checked my transaction history and it...
  7. No access to old email for minecraft cant migrate

in XBoX Accessibility
    No access to old email for minecraft cant migrate: Microsoft has started migrating Mojang accounts to Microsoft for Minecraft but the thing is you need access to the email connected to your Minecraft account to migrate. You can change your email...
  8. Cant access my old xbox live account. I only know the gamertag but idk the email/phone...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant access my old xbox live account. I only know the gamertag but idk the email/phone...: this account was created over 10 years ago when i was a kid and i havnt used it since i played 360 games with my friends pre 2013. i have no idea what email i used. the gamertag is tiindall. i...
  9. Cant access my old Xbox account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant access my old Xbox account.: I'm trying to access my old Xbox account, but when I log inn, I end up on a different account. On my email I have proof leading back to 2010 that my email is connected to a different account. The...
  10. cant access an old account

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant access an old account: i need ideas my partners son has an xbox 360, he needs to sign in for certain stuff but we dont have the password and we cant get it as it belongs to an ex partner, is there anyway of changing...