Cant access my console settings Gamer tag and passkey are set, yet password still required

Discus and support Cant access my console settings Gamer tag and passkey are set, yet password still required in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY I CANNOT ACCESS MY OWN CONSOLE INFO. So I am the primary account holder on my families xbox one console. My gamertag and passkey... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by LaughnJar, Aug 20, 2019.

1. LaughnJar
    LaughnJar Guest

Cant access my console settings Gamer tag and passkey are set, yet password still required

DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY I CANNOT ACCESS MY OWN CONSOLE INFO.

So I am the primary account holder on my families xbox one console. My gamertag and passkey have been setup (over four years ago). I have always been able to access MY OWN CONSOLE INFORMATION-AS IN THE CONSOLE I PAID TO OWN, BOUGHT BRAND NEW , SET UP,
    USED FROM DAY 1 AND HAVE PAID FOR EXISTING ACTIVE CONTENT AND SUBSCRIPTIONS- by entering just my passkey.

Until a year ago -yes it is protracted as my son can still access his child account via passkey only method. And I had more pressing issues to deal with than playing video games. Until now. And I am being denied access see below:

When I attempt to access the console settings under my gamer tag and passkey, I get sent a popup requiring me to sign into my outlook account. No big deal right? Until Jan 2018 when I was told by Microsoft to create a new password AND WAS PRACTICALLY ENCOURAHED
    TO SET UP 2 STEP VERIFICATION FOR SAID ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD, had not been lost. As was the security code. Which due to 2 step verification has effectively created a circular process where I cant set up authenticator without setting up under my account which
    requires a password or the 25cdigit security code that I can not provide. So I cant ebmben request a password reset AT ALL.

None the less, regardless of my having lost the login password and code, I still have the CORRECT ACCOUNT LOGIN ID, AN ACTIVE GAMER TAG AND WORKING 6 DIGIT CONSOLE LOGIN KEY. A gamer tag and key that ONCE WORKED TO ACCESS MY CONSOLE BUT NO LONGER DO. It
    is ridiculous that I cannot access my console settings without a login prompt. a requirement whhich btw I DID NOT PRECONFIGURE precisely because of avoiding having to remember one more password to an account rarely used my myself. And yet the question begs:
    why can my son use just a passkey to log in and get online!?!?

Again it can not be understated, THIS IS REQUIRED FOR ME TO ACCESS THE CONSOLE I PURCHASED BRAND NEW AND SETUP MYSELF CHRISTMAS DAY. When Microsoft servers crashed and we waited with patiently for them to regroup.

Please help me resolve this issue without a hard reset or a 30 day account hold. Those are absolutely unreasonable requirements if I am trying to use my own console, existing gamer tag and viable 6 digit code, which were once sufficient for such ourposes.

Thanks in advance for a consumer friendly answer.

Peace.

:)

LaughnJar, Aug 20, 2019
  2. LaughnJar Win User

Thanks. As I posted to Ducc Dad, I will try this and post results. Likely take a few days before I can revisit solving this. But will definitely reply with resultds.

Thanks agsin!

Peace
  3. LaughnJar Win User

Thanks. Will try this and post results. Likely take a few days before I can revisit solving this. But will definitely reply with resultds.

Thanks agsin!

Peace
  4. AridLizard Win User

5. AridLizard Win User

if it doesn't work, post again and we'll figure something else out
  6. Ducc Dad Win User

Hi LaughnJar,

Are you able to log into the microsoft account associated with the xbox on laptop or computer?

If you are able to, you may be able to resolve this issue by updating your security settings there.

If not you may need to contact microsoft support by going to the following link :

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/contact-us

Select "billing and accounts" then "ask a question". Customer support may be able to help you with this.
Thema:

1. Cant access my console settings Gamer tag and passkey are set, yet password still required - Similar Threads - Cant access console

2. how do I reset the password for an old account that I cant access anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do I reset the password for an old account that I cant access anymore: I have not really cared about this account for a long time until now but I have been trying for hours on the recovery account I have the email if you want to find out the information but since it...
  3. I cant access my minecraft account because my email changed out of nowhere

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant access my minecraft account because my email changed out of nowhere: My ign is Gamer_6451 Hey i was playing minecraft and i gave a single use code for microsoft because i didnt read the email fully and now i cant access my minecraft account, I tried signing in...
  4. cant access secure boot its all grayed out EVERYTHING

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant access secure boot its all grayed out EVERYTHING: cannot access secure boot i wanted to put it on so i can play valorant but i cant its fully grayed out i have an ASUS tuf gaming f15 laptop if that helps i will provide a picture if needed...
  5. i cant remember my password but dont have access to my secondary email but i can tell you...

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant remember my password but dont have access to my secondary email but i can tell you...: i cannot remember my password as an old friend who i dont speak to anymore made my microsoft account and so now i cannot play minecraft due to this. I have tried to go on...
  6. i cant access remote access in dev mode

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant access remote access in dev mode: Hi there, I activated developer mode an hour or so ago and have not been able to access the Decive Portal in order to deploy applications/games Getting this out of the way now so I don’t get the...
  7. i cant access to my microsoft acount when i want to play minecraft on my pc

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant access to my microsoft acount when i want to play minecraft on my pc: i currently live in iran or persia (islamic republic of iran) and iran is one of non-access'd countries for microsoft login for minecraft. when i try to log in it says : you cant login in this...
  8. cant access minecraft online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant access minecraft online: hello! i have bought minceraft for both of my kids. they had a child account but it made some problems, so we have changed their age to 18. they still cant access minecraft multiplayer and im...
  9. Why cant i access java if i bought java and bedrock?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i access java if i bought java and bedrock?: Hi everyone I bought java and bedrock edition for minecraft but i can only access bedrock, i went to the java section but it only says buy, not play, i also checked my transaction history and it...
  10. Is there anyway to get a subscription canceled from a account i cant access? Or maybe a way...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway to get a subscription canceled from a account i cant access? Or maybe a way...: I made a new account the other day and saved the information for logging into it on my Google that way I did not need to input said info to log in and could do so by just clicking a button. Well,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. login_id= minecraft beta ..am