Can't access account after switching gamertag (Xbox 360)

Discus and support Can't access account after switching gamertag (Xbox 360) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I recently changed my gamertag (let's just say I changed it from billybob1 to billybob2 for the sake of example) about a few months ago on an Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by B abel, Apr 23, 2023.

1. B abel
    B abel Guest

So I recently changed my gamertag (let's just say I changed it from billybob1 to billybob2 for the sake of example) about a few months ago on an Xbox series x, now I'm trying to log onto my 360 account and it won't let me, telling me to redownload the account. We tried every email we could think of and none of them worked. On xbox.com it said a specific Gmail it was associated with, we tried downloading it and it seems to work at first, but it ended up making a brand new account with a random gamertag (let's call it billybob3), when I go on the Xbox website and log in with the Gmail it signs me in as billybob3, but if I click "Microsoft account" it says it's billybob1. I know these are separate because billybob3 has no achievements, account balance, and whatever the G thing is called, and it coexists with billybob1 on the Xbox 360. I can't redownload billybob1 because the associated Gmail only downloads this random billybob3 account, and it feels like "Schrodinger's Xbox account" or something. Anyone got any ideas?

:)

B abel, Apr 23, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your profile problem.

I suggest to try checking what the email is on that specific gamertag through a different browser just to make sure they are not mixed up with auto log ins on that same browser.

https://account.microsoft.com/profile

Once on there, click Xbox profile on the bottom to go directly to your Xbox profile to check what the gamertag is. You can only have one Microsoft email to one Xbox account so they should be different on each gamertags.
  3. BobMcFly247 Win User

Old GT Recovery Issue - Don't know email used / Phone # is a landline

4. Jucx Win User
  5. Boombaa Win User

Changing Microsoft Live/Xbox Live email address

6. BobMcFly247 Win User

Account is linked to an email address that I can't access, makes it impossible to change.

Thema:

1. Can't access account after switching gamertag (Xbox 360) - Similar Threads - Can't access account

2. Why i can't Access my Blooket Account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i can't Access my Blooket Account?: Hi everyone, I hope this message finds you well. I am currently facing some difficulties with my Blooket account login and would greatly appreciate your assistance. Thank you in advance for your...
  3. I added $25 to my child's account yesterday, but he can't access it. Nor can I. WHAT IS...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I added $25 to my child's account yesterday, but he can't access it. Nor can I. WHAT IS...: I can see the money in his account balance, but he can't make any purchases unless I add MORE money. I can't click on Spending to see what's happening because the site crashes (see this post from...
  4. My Xbox account was disconnected from my Microsoft account, thus I can't access it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox account was disconnected from my Microsoft account, thus I can't access it.: My Xbox account was disconnected from my Microsoft account, thus I can't access it. Without luck, I've tried changing my password, checking in with a Microsoft account on minecraft.net, and...
  5. can't access my Minecraft account because of Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    can't access my Minecraft account because of Microsoft account: i haven't played minecraft for a while so the launcher asked me to log in using microsoft account but after i did that the launcher just created a new account. the account with purchased minecraft...
  6. Can't access to my live account it says the was a problem I must try later

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access to my live account it says the was a problem I must try later: What is the problem I can't access to my Xbox 360 live MOVED FROM Bing / Other b81f3f0a-e003-4eae-a783-b18c93b80a86
  7. I can't access my minecraft account please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't access my minecraft account please help: I migrated my minecraft account for pc but it now tells me I have to buy it again b81adca0-ce6a-4b08-bc3a-e45d53695181
  8. Relink Discord account can't access servers or discord calls

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Relink Discord account can't access servers or discord calls: I tried to join. Discord voice chat on Xbox and it shows a message saying "Link accounts again" I've restarted my Xbox 3 times and relink everything 6 times I'm so frustrated with this too. Why is...
  9. I can't access my email account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't access my email account: I have been trying to get into my hotmail account for about 5 days but it won't let me. I have emails saved that are very important and I need to get access to them, I have given security...
  10. Can't access my Minecraft account on new PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't access my Minecraft account on new PC: Necessary background info: I bought Minecraft years ago and had to migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account. that same Microsoft account is linked to my Xbox account. I do not own...