Can’t accept a game sent as a gift

Discus and support Can’t accept a game sent as a gift in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, today I bought UFC 3 and sent it as a gift to my younger brother(who I live with) however upon recieving the code in the email it tells him that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ToXiiC Pompey, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Can’t accept a game sent as a gift

Hello, today I bought UFC 3 and sent it as a gift to my younger brother(who I live with) however upon recieving the code in the email it tells him that he can’t accept the game because it’s coming from another location. We have checked the location on both
    xbox’s and they are the same so we can’t figure out why it isn’t working.

:)

ToXiiC Pompey, Feb 3, 2018
  2. KiCK DOWN
    KiCK DOWN Guest
    I need an Xbox Ambassador or Ranger to resolve my issue

My friend has bought a game from US region and sent it to me as a gift but unfortunately i can’t redeem the gift code and it keeps telling me (Contact the seller to get a code that works in your region / This code was purchased in a different region and
    cannot be redeemed.) although i tried using the same US region, BTW I've tried all this throw the console but with no success

KiCK DOWN, Feb 3, 2018
  3. IRB
    IRB Guest
    Buying as a games as a gift

It may be that not all games can be bought as a gift, or if it is a Pre-Order of a game you have pre-ordered for yourself, the gift option doesn't seem to appear until the release day has passed when it should show the gift option again.

4. Jonny306 Win User

Can I refund my purchase please

Once it's accepted, it will be sent to the exact payment method that was originally used to make the purchase. If it was purchased through a gift card, you'll get a balance on the account that purchased the game.
  5. JohnBarraco Win User

Can’t redeem a gift game

Hi Knight x, yeah when I first got the email saying I was sent a gift, I just clicked through and accepted and it confirmed. But the game is nowhere to be found 🤔
  6. coco meat train Win User

Console issues

I agree that you should just be able to unbox it and get it going without internet. A lot of the Xbox bigwigs were sending out Tweets in the run up to Christmas to remind people if they’re gifting systems to get them logged in and updated before gifting.
    That’s not acceptable to me.

Now games are another issue as a lot more games these days simply can’t function without a day 1 patch. This is completely on the devs.
  7. Mistress Sara Win User

Gifting VCs for NBA2K code redemption "no-show"

Hi there,

If you purchased digital item as a gift, you can find the code in your purchase history as noted in the gifting FAQ page -

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...buy-games-apps/gifting-digital-xbox-game-help

Other helpful information about where to find codes for gifting can also be found there.

One thing to note, the page does say "Note Fortnite Vbucks, FIFA Points, and other virtual currencies can’t be sent as gifts." so there may not be a digital code that can be gifted.
  8. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox gift card

Hi Denise,

Unfortunately as already stated, once a digital code is redeemed onto an account, it cannot be undone. The code cannot be re-used and the money cannot be transferred to another account. The best option would be to use the gifting option in the Microsoft
    Store while logged into your account if you wanted to use that money to send your nephew a gift. Digital products that can be sent as a gift include the
    Buy as gift option. Note Fortnite Vbucks, FIFA Points, and other virtual currencies can’t be sent as gifts.

If you have any questions about gifting or you encounter an error while trying to gift digital content to your nephew, please read the following support article: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...buy-games-apps/gifting-digital-xbox-game-help

I hope this helps!
Thema:

Can’t accept a game sent as a gift

1. Can’t accept a game sent as a gift - Similar Threads - Can’t accept game

2. Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?: Hey! My brother recently gave me a gift card for 2800 vbucks and i wanted to redeem it. So i went to Fortnite.com and went to redeem my code. It let me put in the code, but after i did that it...
  3. Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s: I have the DLC’s for Left 4 dead purchased and have for a long time and they used to work. My cloud saved data now says that its full and when it prompts me to click when I’m trying to load Left 4...
  4. Xbox friends list still showing as 0 friends, can’t accept game invites or ingame invites

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox friends list still showing as 0 friends, can’t accept game invites or ingame invites: I’ve done all the troubleshooting, put my brothers account on my series x and his friends list is there. My friends list still shows on the mobile app. Even did the offline update I received in an...
  5. Can’t request call back, keeps asking me to sign in before I can accept an agent calling...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t request call back, keeps asking me to sign in before I can accept an agent calling...: keeps asking me to sign in before I can accept an agent calling yet it gets stuck on sign in button?? c2fd1cd8-a470-4abf-93f1-e3847d39ebab
  6. Can’t Accept friends request in Fifa22 - *Crossplay_error_occured

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t Accept friends request in Fifa22 - *Crossplay_error_occured: Probably a simple fix, or at least I hope so… I bought a series x a month or so ago, primarily so I could play fifa with my boy who plays on a ps5. I can’t send him a friends request in game -...
  7. Can’t receive or accept invites of any kind on Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t receive or accept invites of any kind on Minecraft: No matter what device or consle i use my microsoft account/Xbox gamer tag is buged. I cant accept realm invitations friends dint show up online and any driect invites dont even reach my game....
  8. Can’t create a party, send a party invite or accept a party invite!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t create a party, send a party invite or accept a party invite!: I’ve done everything I can think of to fix this. I’ve restarted my console a few times, I’ve unplugged it a couple of times, I reinstalled COD modern warfare as well 3x. I don’t know what else to...
  9. Can’t accept invite for minecraft realm

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t accept invite for minecraft realm: hi, it seems that I can’t accept a invite for a realm to join I don’t know what the problem is? Eventhough “the join clubs/multiplayer is enabled” Second is that invite links do work but not via...
  10. Notifications won’t pop up, and can’t accept invites

in XBoX on Consoles
    Notifications won’t pop up, and can’t accept invites: This has been going on for a few days now. I can’t accept invites because I simply don’t get them on my Xbox. The only way I know when I’m invited I say when I see the notification pop up on my...