Cannot view installed games on the xbox app. Cannot launch installed games at all through...

Discus and support Cannot view installed games on the xbox app. Cannot launch installed games at all through... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've ran into an issue with the Xbox PC app and Microsoft store on my Windows 11 PC. The issue that my xbox app library no longer shows installed games... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nathan Maj, Jun 27, 2023.

1. Nathan Maj
    Nathan Maj Guest

Cannot view installed games on the xbox app. Cannot launch installed games at all through...

I've ran into an issue with the Xbox PC app and Microsoft store on my Windows 11 PC. The issue that my xbox app library no longer shows installed games on my main drive, which I can still see in file explorer, and I cannot launch any of these apps through other means such as the start menu, the xbox companion app or the Microsoft Store. Additionally, I cannot install game pass games on my PC through the app, as when I press the install button, it prompts me to install Gaming Services, which then redirects me to install Gaming Services through the Microsoft Store, inevitably doing nothing.

I've tried solutions posted on other forums such as checking for windows updates, reinstalling the xbox app, resetting the Microsoft Store cache, repairing and resetting both the Xbox app and the Microsoft store, reinstalling the Gaming Services manually, which in some combination has once temporarily fixed the issue but on relaunching the app, it ran into the same issue. Thanks

:)

Nathan Maj, Jun 27, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Cannot view installed games on the xbox app. Cannot launch installed games at all through the xbox app or microsoft store

Hi, I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Sorry to hear about this. Let’s try some steps to further isolate the issue. Kindly also sure all the required services are running to solve Xbox app sync issues on Windows.

Open the Start menu, search Services then open Services. Scroll down the list and find all of the Xbox entries (they are near the bottom).

Gaming Services (There are 2 of them)

Xbox Accessory Management Service

Xbox Live Auth Manager

Xbox Live Game Save

Xbox Live Networking Service

When you find them right-click on them and select Start. If you can see that they are already running you can skip them.
  3. DeniqL Win User

Doom Eternal will not install

Try this workaround

Open the Xbox app on phone or PC and sign in

Search for the game that cannot be installed

Press Download to console and select the destination console

Once the game has installed on that console, insert the disc and try to launch it
  4. steve258 Win User

keep getting error code when trying to launch game

I am having similar problem where the game just completely disappear from the game library. Xbox live treats it as it was not installed, even though files are still present on the game drive. If I click install it will say dirt rally 2.0 is installed but
    still there's no option on the game page to launch the game nor does the game appear in windows 10 app list.

Have tried installing on a different drive and same thing happens. just wasted 90+gb of data. I cannot even manually delete the game files since the files are locked out. Cannot launch and cannot uninstall, please help!
  5. Ian Greenmont Win User

Gaming Services Taking Too Long To Install

Hi Georges C,

I have updated Windows 11 and it is the latest version, 22H2

All Apps in Microsoft Store are up to date,

Xbox Companion App is installed and up to date,

I still have the same problem. 'Installing Gaming services, This may take a few minutes', but it's not taking minutes, it's taking hours with no progress in sight.

I also cannot find this Gaming services app in my 'Installed apps' List in Windows either.

Can you please help further?

Thank you.

N.B - I have just purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator but I cannot even install this game as I have found out this installs through the Xbox app and it requires 'Gaming Services'. Please help!
  6. ScottRothman1 Win User

Unable to login to Xbox App on PC

Hi Samy,

I'm logged in correctly to the Xbox Console Companion. I can actually launch my games from there and play games as expected. However, when I launch the Xbox App from the Xbox Console Companion I am still not logged in to the Xbox App and cannot install new games or play games from the Xbox App.
Thema:

1. Cannot view installed games on the xbox app. Cannot launch installed games at all through... - Similar Threads - Cannot view installed

2. Cannot access spending on my child's account to view purchases

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot access spending on my child's account to view purchases: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. TraceId: FtNMtp5uG0u1MbxW.30.225 The above message is what I keep...
  3. There are things in my Activity feed that I cannot see or delete, but others can view them

in XBoX Accessibility
    There are things in my Activity feed that I cannot see or delete, but others can view them: There are these posts from 3 years ago that I do not want on my activity feed, 2 of them are highly suspicious, sharing something asking people to follow another person which is not something I’d...
  4. For some reason I cannot view my own profile and I also cannot look at my friends list....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    For some reason I cannot view my own profile and I also cannot look at my friends list....: I know the friends list glitch happened to a lot of people a few months ago but it didn't hit me until now. ffb52ac4-b713-4794-a903-d501873576e0
  5. The Long Dark(漫漫长夜)In Windows10 system, the Angle of view cannot move smoothly under XboxApp

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Long Dark(漫漫长夜)In Windows10 system, the Angle of view cannot move smoothly under XboxApp: After opening the game, in window mode, the cursor moves out of the window and the camera cannot be moved. It's the same problem in full screen mode. The manifestation is that the camera will...
  6. Cannot view enforcement action

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot view enforcement action: I cannot view my recent 7 day communication ban I understand the enforcement site has been having some issues I was wondering if there was any way to find out when it’s fixed so I can appeal the...
  7. Cannot view or change Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety Settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot view or change Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety Settings: I have just purchased Minecraft Java edition with my Microsoft account. When I try to play multiplayer it says I need to enable it in my account. When I go into my Xbox account settings and...
  8. Cannot view "Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot view "Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety": Hi. I cannot view the "Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety" tab in my Xbox settings since Sep. 1, 2021 (the first time I checked). I receive the error "We were unable to load your settings at this...
  9. Cannot view custom gamerpics.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot view custom gamerpics.: Up until yesterday morning I was able to view all my friends custom gamerpics. Now all of a sudden I cannot view custom gamerpics from anybody anymore. I have not changed any of my privacy...
  10. As of this afternoon i cannot view any media or share any media on XSX.

in XBoX on Consoles
    As of this afternoon i cannot view any media or share any media on XSX.: Basically the title, i had the same problem on my X1X years ago and it turned out that a setting changed itself so i couldn't share clips. ALL of these settings are allowing for viewing and...