Cannot verify password on Xbox apps

Discus and support Cannot verify password on Xbox apps in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried to login to Microsoft Xbox and Xbox Game Pass apps but I get the prompt: “Because you’re accessing sensitive info, you need to verify... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by hitman04291, Dec 16, 2020.

1. hitman04291
    hitman04291 Guest

I have tried to login to Microsoft Xbox and Xbox Game Pass apps but I get the prompt:

“Because you’re accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password.”

Every time I enter my password I get the same message box. I have reset my password, turned on 2 step verification and it still didn’t work.

What else can I do?

:)

hitman04291, Dec 16, 2020
  2. RC Freeland Win User

Status code: 80151012

Go to account.live.com and if your email addresses or contact number says verify then you need to verify them. Then enable the two step verification. Create an app password and use that as your password for xbox live.
  3. Original Colton Win User

Unable to manage my xbl gamertag account

Hello, since you lost the email/password to that account, you cannot verify it to change your password to that account, hence you lost the email. The best thing to do is call 1800-4My-Xbox to see if they can do anything about it. :)
  4. KILLERHEDAKE Win User

HELP I can't connect to my LIVE account because I entered PW too many times EVEN THOUGH I RESET IT

Call 18004MYXBOX and speak to a rep to do a password reset. They will need to verify information to walk through the process that the forum cannot.
  5. MeanMachine 47 Win User

Signing into an Xbox One account

If you have forgotten the password then you will have to contact the xbox support phone line. After providing some security answers to verify the account is yours the support team will then reset your password. If you cannot remember the account information
    then unfortunately there isn't much you can do.
  6. PandaDB3 Win User

"An illegal state change was requested"

I was having issues downloading the Xbox app and one of the solutions online was to verify your account through the settings like I said. Now that I have downloaded the Xbox app I can't log in. I get the same error message from the Xbox app and when verifying my account in the settings so I figured the information might help you. I don't mind not being able to "verify" but because it is the same error as the Xbox app fixing one will likely fix the other.

I also tried changing my password and get the same errors in both instances.

I have tried logging in on the Xbox app using a code sent via email, however the issue still persists. I believe the issue has nothing to do with my password because of this.
Thema:

1. Cannot verify password on Xbox apps - Similar Threads - Cannot verify password

2. Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage: When enabling cloud storage I get this error , “console needs either a hard drive or console memory with 514mb available”. I have over 70gb of storage free though...
  3. I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...: For the last 2 weeks, I have gotten randomly disconnected from my Xbox party yet it does not say disconnected nor connecting, and the issue will happen if I leave my current party to join another....
  4. I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT: I've been trying to add my debit card to purhcase Minecraft for 5 days, and it didn't work for every second. I've already contacted my BCA Bank from WhatsApp, and they say the Bank might try to...
  5. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  6. I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.: I've tried and verified that it isn't a hardware issue by seeing if they work on a different computer and used 2 pairs of headphones. It started randomly when I plugged my headset in and my...
  7. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  8. me and my boyfriend cannot log into our microsoft accounts for minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    me and my boyfriend cannot log into our microsoft accounts for minecraft: me and my boyfriend have been trying to log into Minecraft for a while now with no success. we are linking to psn, we get the qr code we enter our information. sometimes it partly logs us in but...
  9. I cannot verify my new Microsoft account Alias

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot verify my new Microsoft account Alias: I am trying to change my alias on this account to be associated with a different Email address as my old email is no longer able to be accessed. I've tried verifying with the link provided to my...
  10. Cannot Verify Identity

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Verify Identity: I have two emails associated with my Microsoft account but only one is still valid. When changing certain settings, it asks to verify my identity using the email that is no longer valid. Because...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what to do if your xbox account says you accessed sensitive information but you didnt

2. i try signing in on my xbox account but it says youre accessing sensitive info so i put in my password but they say its wrong

3. xbox app i need to verify your password