Cannot use the cast function to stream to my Xbox Series X in WIndows 11

Discus and support Cannot use the cast function to stream to my Xbox Series X in WIndows 11 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been attempting to stream content from my windows 11 equipped desktop computer to my Xbox Series X, however the cast function does not detect... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Luke Hopkins1, Jul 16, 2023.

1. Cannot use the cast function to stream to my Xbox Series X in WIndows 11

I have been attempting to stream content from my windows 11 equipped desktop computer to my Xbox Series X, however the cast function does not detect the console.

I have reviewed this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-cast-to/32daec07-7d93-4eee-b14e-69041bead0ec but I have followed the proposed solution without success.

When I hit control + K, the casting functionality appears and I can locate my Samsung Smart TV but not the Series X which is connected to the same network.

I have installed the wireless app on my Xbox and I can stream Xbox Content to the PC through the Xbox app but not the other way around. This shows that the connection between the two is working perfectly.

I have attempted to connect to the Xbox Series X as a wireless display, however the same issue occurs, I can see my TV but not the Xbox itself. The Xbox shows as a device as in the Bluetooth and Devices menu in Settings just like my Samsung TV but again, I am unable to stream PC content to it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

* Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Internet and connectivity

:)

Luke Hopkins1, Jul 16, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Luke Hopkins1,

Thank you for waiting.

After further consultation and research, we recommend that you speak with our live support. Due to the complexity of the issue, it’s best to work with them as they have the necessary tools to further diagnose the issue and provide you with a timely resolution.

To contact live support, please follow the guide below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
      1. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
      2. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
      3. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
      4. Select the "Contact Us" button
      5. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
      6. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
      7. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
      8. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
      9. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.

You may also report this issue to Xbox by following the guide on the link below:

Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support
  3. Luke Hopkins1 Win User

HI,

Thanks for the response,

I can confirm that the remote features in my Xbox are enabled,

"1. Make sure your Xbox Series X and your Windows 11 device are connected to the same network and have the latest updates installed." - As per my post, the Xbox is able to stream to the PC but not the other way around so I assume they must be connected to the same network. The Xbox is connected via a 2.4Ghz wifi network while the PC is connected via ethernet to the same router.

"2. On your Windows 11 device, open the Settings app and go to Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Add device > Wireless display or dock." - I have attempted this, however while the Samsung device shows up, the Xbox does not. I am unable to add it as a wireless device, however it does show under the "other devices" section.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For whatever reason, Windows simply does not recognise the Xbox as a wireless display.

Any other options?

EDIT: Removed personally identifiable information (PII) from post.

We have deleted a part of your post as it contains inappropriate content that violates the forum’s guidelines. Let us endeavor to keep the forums as friendly and accommodating as possible. For more information, check the Microsoft Community Code of Conduct - Microsoft Community
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello Luke Hopkins1,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having trouble with the cast function to stream to your Xbox Series X in Windows 11. Please try the following steps to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Make sure your Xbox Series X and your Windows 11 device are connected to the same network and have the latest updates installed.

2. On your Windows 11 device, open the Settings app and go to Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Add device > Wireless display or dock.

3. Select your Xbox Series X from the list of available devices and follow the on-screen instructions to pair it with your Windows 11 device.

4. On your Xbox Series X, press the Xbox button on your controller and go to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features.

5. Enable Allow game streaming to other devices and Allow connections from any device.

6. On your Windows 11 device, open the app or content that you want to stream and click on the cast icon in the top right corner.

7. Select your Xbox Series X from the list of available devices and enjoy your streaming experience.

To stream from a live streaming provider on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, download the app for the provider you want to use. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select Store > Apps. Find and select the app, and then select Install.

Please see: How to live stream on Xbox | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. psych0jo3 Win User

Windows 11 casting to Xbox One

I am having this exact issue. I have an alienware m15 from 2020. It had Windows 10 and casted perfectly to my One X and then later the Series X that I bought. I was hesitant about updating to Windows 11, but I went ahead and did. Now I can't cast to my Series X. They're on the same network, they're fully updated, and the networking is working perfectly fine. The problem has to be on the OS because it's the only thing that changed.
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

Can't stream xbox on PC 11 and I don't know why

the xbox companion app on windows 11 no longer streams xbox, this function has now been shifted to the xbox app for windows 11.
Thema:

1. Cannot use the cast function to stream to my Xbox Series X in WIndows 11 - Similar Threads - Cannot cast function

2. Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage: When enabling cloud storage I get this error , “console needs either a hard drive or console memory with 514mb available”. I have over 70gb of storage free though...
  3. I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...: For the last 2 weeks, I have gotten randomly disconnected from my Xbox party yet it does not say disconnected nor connecting, and the issue will happen if I leave my current party to join another....
  4. I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT: I've been trying to add my debit card to purhcase Minecraft for 5 days, and it didn't work for every second. I've already contacted my BCA Bank from WhatsApp, and they say the Bank might try to...
  5. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  6. I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.: I've tried and verified that it isn't a hardware issue by seeing if they work on a different computer and used 2 pairs of headphones. It started randomly when I plugged my headset in and my...
  7. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  8. Witcher 3 cannot cast signs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Witcher 3 cannot cast signs: I updated The Witcher 3 to the complete edition. Started a new game and everything was going fine until I tried to cast a sign and nothing happened. Selecting a sign is fine. Using a tourch is...
  9. Can't cast video to xbox anymore (03/2019) Xbox cannot be detected on network for some reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't cast video to xbox anymore (03/2019) Xbox cannot be detected on network for some reason: I have always been able to cast from my devices to my Xbox as it is the only device I can do this from. But tonight, when I went to do this the app I always use took ages to searching for a...
  10. Cannot cast media to xbox while device is online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot cast media to xbox while device is online: Hello, i can't see my xbox in dialog when i want to cast media to device (From edge or video player), but i see it in xbox app and can connect to through this app. Streaming in xbox preferences is...