Cannot type in a gamertag to whom I am trying to message

Discus and support Cannot type in a gamertag to whom I am trying to message in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; @XboxSupport Why can't I manually enter a name where it says "0/11 To:"? I can only message friends and not recent players. How do I message recent... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Insevin, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Insevin
    Insevin Guest

@XboxSupport Why can't I manually enter a name where it says "0/11 To:"? I can only message friends and not recent players. How do I message recent players/those not on my friend list? Recently players isn't
    working on xbox.com so sometimes I record people's name to message later. I cannot type names in the text box any more, I cannot send messages to someone that is not on that pre-defined list.

Their twitter ignored me twice. Hope to get ideas here.

Cannot type in a gamertag to whom I am trying to message [​IMG]

:)

Insevin, Jul 13, 2018
  2. MLC ELITE
    MLC ELITE Guest
    HOW TO ???

I forgot to say that I cannot find where to type in the gamertag to whom I want to send a message to? I can choose anyone on my friends list but I cannot find the place where to type in a gamertag.

MLC ELITE, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Visa gift card trouble

I’ve been trying to add a visa gift card but I receive a message that says bank cannot authorize this payment type I do not know why I could use some help.

xCheese HE4Dx, Jul 13, 2018
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Although I'm not sure why it's not letting you type in the tag you can do a workaround by using this link and replacing your tag with the one you want. Then just click the option to send a message to him Sign in to your Microsoft account

onyxishere, Jul 13, 2018
  5. Insevin
    Insevin Guest
    Since the newest update its hard to even get messages to load on xbox.com but it seems this workaround is effective. I hope they fix the actual messages system. Thanks

Insevin, Jul 13, 2018
  6. I think the Xbox site is making some changes, so that message will be resolved eventually regarding entering names. I would say use your Xbox One or Xbox App to find someone to message.

Radiant Sword X, Jul 13, 2018
  7. Insevin
    Insevin Guest
    UPDATE: Even with using the link I still cannot actually send the messages, but the URL will allow me to VIEW profiles

Insevin, Jul 13, 2018
  8. BeFe Rain
    BeFe Rain Guest

To message a player that isn't in your friends list on the Xbox App you can go to Friends and then there should be a search bar where you can type the gamertag and then it will take you to their profile. From there you click/tap the message button.

BeFe Rain, Jul 14, 2018
  9. BeFe Rain
    BeFe Rain Guest
    When you type in the gamertag it will take you to their profile and from there all you should have to do is click/tap message and type your message. I hope this helps and I am sorry that you had this issue. Happy gaming, have fun.

Cannot type in a gamertag to whom I am trying to message [​IMG]

BeFe Rain, Jul 14, 2018
  10. Insevin
    Insevin Guest
    This problem is being reported for Xbox.com but the app is a workaround

Insevin, Jul 14, 2018
  11. Insevin
    Insevin Guest
    The app is not working either. Btw I am not banned and don't have it disabled. What the ****

Insevin, Jul 14, 2018
  12. BeFe Rain
    BeFe Rain Guest
    I apologize that you are having this issue. On Xbox.com it should be the same, go to the friends tab and type the name of the user you want to message which will take you to the players profile and all you have to do is click the message button.

The app does have bugs and glitches and is still a work in progress I understand that you may have issues with the app.

I will reply back in a moment with a short video on how to solve this problem on Xbox.com

I hope I am able to solve this issue for you and I again apologize for your inconvenience.

BeFe Rain, Jul 15, 2018
  13. BeFe Rain
    BeFe Rain Guest

Now I see the issue, I am having the same issue now as well. I will be sure to report this error to Microsoft. I would contact an Official Agent at 1-800-469-9269 for experienced help.

BeFe Rain, Nov 2, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: