Cannot Transfer Club Ownership

Discus and support Cannot Transfer Club Ownership in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been trying for the past 3 days to transfer club ownership, and have tried transferring it to 5 different club admins but it just will not work!... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by planetRL Iuke, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Cannot Transfer Club Ownership

I've been trying for the past 3 days to transfer club ownership, and have tried transferring it to 5 different club admins but it just will not work!

• The admins do not already have ownership of 3 clubs
    • I have tried removing my account from my xbox, then power cycling and re-adding it
    • It does not work on the Xbox, Windows App, or iOS App
    • Xbox shows error message 'That did not work. Sorry, give it another try.'
    • App shows error message 'Unable to transfer club. Transfer ownership to another member or try again in a little while.'

I was able to transfer ownership of another public club, made specifically to see if it'd work, without any issue. Advice much appreciated! Thanks.

:)

planetRL Iuke, Mar 18, 2017
  2. Cannot Transfer Club Ownership

Just following up because it has been 3 weeks and I'm yet to receive a response. Was hoping this would be resolved far sooner..

3. Cannot Transfer Club Ownership

Followup of Cannot Transfer Club Ownership as I am no longer able to respond there.

Unfortunately the ownership transfer eventually went through, but the person I transferred it to was subsequently suspended permanently. Is our 20,000 member club lost? Or can ownership be transferred back to myself or another account via xbox support or
    otherwise? Your advice is greatly appreciated.

4. Cannot Transfer Club Ownership

No change after today's update, and still waiting on some acknowledgement of the issue.

planetRL Iuke, Mar 29, 2017
  5. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Hey there planetRL luke!

Any chance you can try transferring Club ownership form the Xbox app on a Windows 10 PC to see if there's any change?

Also, can you clarify if your club is public or private?

Mister Maka, Mar 30, 2017
  6. Hi, yeah I've tried the Windows 10 app, Windows 10 beta app & iOS 10 app, but none of them allow me to transfer ownership of this club particularly (tried it with another club as a test and everything worked fine).

The club is public, name 'Planet Rocket League'

Thanks.

planetRL Iuke, Mar 30, 2017
  7. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Hey again planetRL luke!

Thanks for the heads up on what you've tried so far. This is definitely an odd issue that I haven't seen before. Have you attempted to leave the club without transferring ownership and then joining afterwards? I haven't been able to verify, but I believe it
    should transfer ownership to the next admin. If that doesn't provide you with a solution let us know.

Mister Maka, Mar 31, 2017
  8. Cannot Transfer Club Ownership

It certainly is odd! Customer support gave the same suggestion, but whilst being the owner of the club there doesn't appear to be any option to leave that I can see.

planetRL Iuke, Apr 1, 2017
  9. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Thanks for the heads up planetRL luke.

We're gonna take a bit more of a look into this, are you able to remove admin privileges from members and add them back? If possible, try removing one of the admins from their privileges, then add them back. Once you set them as an admin again, try transferring
    ownership to them. We just want to make sure we try all avenues on this.

Thanks a ton for your patience with this!

Mister Maka, Apr 4, 2017
  10. That's ok, thanks for the responses. Yeah I've tried that and it wouldn't work, and also tried making a new user admin and transferring but it wouldn't work. Another thing I tried was having no one as admin except the person to transfer to and that didn't
    work either.

planetRL Iuke, Apr 4, 2017
  11. Still unable to transfer ownership after the recent Xbox updates.

planetRL Iuke, Apr 16, 2017
  12. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Hey again luke.

Thanks for the update and apologies for the delay! We're trying to get to the bottom of this, thanks a ton for your patience. Can you try removing all admins, have them leave the club, then rejoin followed by making them admin and then try transferring ownership?
    Also, can you share the name of the club you're having trouble with? Thanks!

Mister Maka, Apr 18, 2017
  13. Cannot Transfer Club Ownership

The club name is 'Planet Rocket League' - I will try that and let you know how it goes, thanks.

planetRL Iuke, Apr 18, 2017
  14. Ok tried it but unfortunately it still doesn't work Cannot Transfer Club Ownership :(

planetRL Iuke, Apr 18, 2017
  15. Any update? I've now had this problem for 2-3 months and it's getting ridiculous.

planetRL Iuke, Oct 31, 2018
  16. Mister Maka Win User

Hey again luke.

Thanks for the update and apologies for the delay! We're trying to get to the bottom of this, thanks a ton for your patience. Can you try removing all admins, have them leave the club, then rejoin followed by making them admin and then try transferring ownership?
    Also, can you share the name of the club you're having trouble with? Thanks!
  17. planetRL Iuke Win User

Still unable to transfer ownership after the recent Xbox updates.
  18. Mister Maka Win User

Hey again planetRL luke!

Thanks for the heads up on what you've tried so far. This is definitely an odd issue that I haven't seen before. Have you attempted to leave the club without transferring ownership and then joining afterwards? I haven't been able to verify, but I believe it
    should transfer ownership to the next admin. If that doesn't provide you with a solution let us know.
  19. planetRL Iuke Win User

Hey again planetRL luke!

It certainly is odd! Customer support gave the same suggestion, but whilst being the owner of the club there doesn't appear to be any option to leave that I can see.
  20. planetRL Iuke Win User

No change after today's update, and still waiting on some acknowledgement of the issue.
Thema:

1. Cannot Transfer Club Ownership - Similar Threads - Cannot Transfer Club

2. How do I transfer my Minecraft worlds from my Xbox One to my PC? I cannot use realms...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer my Minecraft worlds from my Xbox One to my PC? I cannot use realms...: How do I transfer my Minecraft worlds from my Xbox One to my PC? I cannot use realms because it says that I cannot play online due to the way my Microsoft Account is set up. I tried allowing all...
  3. Cant transfer item (This item cannot be transferred between profiles.)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant transfer item (This item cannot be transferred between profiles.): I'm trying to install a world for minecraft xbox 360 from the internet, and it wont let me copy or move the file to my hard drive because the file has an unknown owner. any help? Edit: if you're...
  4. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (I cannot transfer to my new gaming computer) Code redeemed...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (I cannot transfer to my new gaming computer) Code redeemed...: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (I cannot transfer to my new gaming computer) My code was redeemed on HP Desktop I7 with poor graphics card. I have uninstalled the game on the HP and I would...
  5. How can I transfer my gamer tag when I cannot sign onto an old account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I transfer my gamer tag when I cannot sign onto an old account?: I have been using my gamertag for 15 years on my Xbox360. The email it was set up and attached to is no longer available to me as it was an old work email. Xbox live sent a request (out of the...
  6. I cannot transfer funds to my son

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot transfer funds to my son: I have $25 in my parent account. I want to transfer it to my son so he can buy a game. But when i go to do so, the microsoft.com payment option is grayed out even though it does show the $25...
  7. Cannot delete or transfer owmership of club

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot delete or transfer owmership of club: Hey. I am on a child account and I have made a social club which I cannot get rid of. If I try and delete it or transfer it's ownership from the Xbox, then it says "That didn't work" and "Sorry,...
  8. Cannot upload music library to new Xbox one X, says drive full after 20gb transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot upload music library to new Xbox one X, says drive full after 20gb transfer: I recently purchased my first xbox, a One X. My intention was to use it as a central media device for both music and games in my living room so I wouldn't have to connect my laptop to our TV....
  9. CANNOT BELIEVE YOU CAN NOT TRANSFER MONEY TO A CHILD IN A FAMILY ACCOUNT

in XBoX on Consoles
    CANNOT BELIEVE YOU CAN NOT TRANSFER MONEY TO A CHILD IN A FAMILY ACCOUNT: I am SOOO beyond frustrated with this company. I am a parent with a child with his OWN ACCOUNT under my family umbrella. I choose whether he has the ability to make purchases or not, and have...
  10. Cannot Transfer Club Ownership

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Transfer Club Ownership: Followup of Cannot Transfer Club Ownership as I am no longer able to respond there. Unfortunately the ownership transfer eventually went through, but the person I transferred it to was...