Cannot Switch Xbox Account - Windows 11 PC

Discus and support Cannot Switch Xbox Account - Windows 11 PC in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; It feels like the Xbox app has now been intentionally designed to stop you being able to switch accounts for Xbox on PC. I have an email address for... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by riche90, Jul 1, 2022.

1. riche90
    riche90 Guest

It feels like the Xbox app has now been intentionally designed to stop you being able to switch accounts for Xbox on PC.

I have an email address for Windows which is separate from my old grandfathered Xbox account. I can change my store account but that doesn't change my gamertag to the appropriate one, I am quite literally stuck on the wrong gamertag as clicking 'Sign out' and then 'Sign in' just instantly logs you back in to the same gamertag.

There are Microsoft support articles saying to (in the xbox app) click sign out, click sign in then click a button to choose another account... but this button doesn't exist. The only article I can find with any promise recommends I delete registry directories for the XboxApp.. this has to be a joke!

Also if I go to switch Microsoft Store account (which doesn't help anyway), when switching to the store app to take my new credentials.. it tells me to enter a Work or School email not a personal one? My device is set up as a personal device, what the hell is going on? I am absolutely gobsmacked by how horribly butchered this process is.

:)

riche90, Jul 1, 2022
  2. MR1Reaper7 Win User

I was able to get it to work with signing out of the xbox app and the Microsoft store then signing in with the second account through the store first. Then logging in on the xbox app it gave me the option to pick a different account.
  3. kovalev nyr94 Win User

It's a brand new desktop with Win 11 Home and so far only used for < 24 hrs and I pushed through all Windows updates. It appears to have fixed itself slowly. First it had the Xbox account logged into Microsoft Store app while the Xbox app had the Windows account. Then it allowed me to successfully download a game from Gamepass. After playing the game, Windows is now using the Xbox gamerpass on the Xbox app. I have no idea how it all of a sudden did it on its own, but it works and I hope it stays that way.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

If there is only one account on the system it won't give you the option
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

It does that because most people want to use the same account again.

One thing that may help you, invest in a camera that supports windows Hello. It can then recognize you and in theory sign in the correct accounts. I haven't tried this myself, but it saves me a lot of sign in hassle in general for my computing because I don't have to sign in
  6. kovalev nyr94 Win User

Thank you for your response. To me, that doesn't make sense since it let's me switch to his account for the Microsft Store app and install the Xbox app as him. I did add his account under the accounts setting since I thought that may be the issue. I feel that's like saying I can't check any other Hotmail email if only one user account is on the machine.

Nevertheless, if that's the case it shouldn't give the "Not you? Switch accounts" option and automatically keep logging into that account. Also, Microsoft help should add that since I'm not the only one having this issue and some steps others took to fix it, stopped working some time later.
Thema:

1. Cannot Switch Xbox Account - Windows 11 PC - Similar Threads - Cannot Switch Account

2. I cannot switch Microsoft account in Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot switch Microsoft account in Minecraft: Problem: I cannot switch Microsoft account in Minecraft. When try switching to another account, windows prompted to enter the credential, after credential entered, push notification was success,...
  3. I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop: When I go to sign out and back to sign in it goes automatically back to a different account than the one I want. Also if i take to long to press sign in then it goes back automatically. I have...
  4. Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App

in XBoX Accessibility
    Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App: As the question suggests account switching is not happening in the MS Store or in the Xbox app. I wanted to have a separate account for gaming and another one for my work purposes. Need both to be...
  5. I cannot switch account on xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot switch account on xbox app.: I am trying to switch accounts on the XBOX app but when I click on switch accounts it does not do anything. 5bcda6c1-c808-4326-81cf-0df7833c9a4f
  6. Cannot sign in to Microsoft account on Minecraft on Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot sign in to Microsoft account on Minecraft on Nintendo Switch.: So whenever I go to Minecraft on the Nintendo switch and I type in the code on my phone and type in my password, it will say that I can safely close the window, so I do. When I go back to...
  7. My Switch cannot connect to my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Switch cannot connect to my account: I have logged in multiple times with multiple accounts and none of them will connect. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times and I have restarted the game more then I can...
  8. "You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up." Nintendo Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up." Nintendo Switch: I have been trying to change how my account is set up for about an hour and a half now and nothing appears to be working or even trying to help me figure out what is going on. I can play with...
  9. I cannot sign in to my microsoft account on minecraft for nintendo switch

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot sign in to my microsoft account on minecraft for nintendo switch: it doesnt sign in since yesterday, everytime after the remiteconnect it says on the screen “we tried to sign you in to your micrososft account, but something went wrong...
  10. Xbox live账户无法切换区域 [Xbox Live account cannot switch area]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox live账户无法切换区域 [Xbox Live account cannot switch area]: 我的账号之前从来没有进行过切换区域的操作,所以应该不存在三个月内只允许转换一次区域的限制。但现在切换区域会提示我发生错误,导致我 法领取金会员免费的Xbox 360游戏也 法领取之前购买战争机器4所附 的360版前作。 Translation: [My account has never been switched to a switching area before, so there...