Cannot Stream on Series X

Discus and support Cannot Stream on Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've not had this issue until now, so I don't know what happened with your twitch integration. However any time I attempt to stream any game I get a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TKSullivan, Feb 7, 2022.

1. TKSullivan
    TKSullivan Guest

I've not had this issue until now, so I don't know what happened with your twitch integration. However any time I attempt to stream any game I get a "This Game Does Not Allow Live Streaming" alert -- even when I'm not streaming! When I'm just in the Twitch app putting in information to set up a livestream, I don't even have a game selected yet, and this pops up!

And then, when I attempt to stream? Nothing. It'll say live for at most a minute if I defer the stream to Lightstream or Streamlabs, but then the stream dies almost immediately as if I were streaming nothing at all. If I stream to Twitch straight? It doesn't even get out of the "pause" state and will just quietly fade away.

This is...really upsetting? I can still stream fine to twitch from my PC, just my xbox that doesn't want to stream anymore for whatever reason. Please clarify why this is an issue? I've checked my settings and I'm all good to livestream, the permissions are there, it just...doesn't work.

I can't even use the xbox app to play my xbox on my PC anymore, either. The cloud gaming/connect to xbox thing doesn't even work. Is this a related issue?

:)

TKSullivan, Feb 7, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hi TKSullivan,

We hope you are doing fine.

We would like to follow up regarding your concern as we still have not received any response from you since our last follow up message. Please feel free to create a new thread if you have different and new concerns - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Should you need real time interaction for your concern? You may reach out to Support - Contact Us | Xbox Support.

Kind regards,

3. TKSullivan Win User

I do not have access to the error code at this time on the Xbox App on PC that is provided to me, but I will try to get it shortly.

As for the error on Xbox itself, it just says that the game does not allow live streaming, and it says this for every game and even if I do not have a game open when I am in the Twitch app itself inputting information about a broadcast (and have not even selected start streaming). I do start the game before I set up the twitch broadcast typically, and I have also tried setting up the broadcast first and then starting the game, starting streaming and then starting the game, just to be sure something hadn't changed or I wasn't doing things backwards.

I first noticed this issue about two days before the post, I do not know if there was a recent update to the system, and there were no new installations.

Windows is up to date and Xbox app is also up to date as far as I'm aware. I can play cloud games on Xbox itself (have not tried the app) but cannot connect my Xbox to the app like I could before, that is to remotely play games on my console. I have not tested to see if it works with my phone, as my phone is rather small and do not like having to bend over to look at it, and I am not sure where I have placed my tablet at this time to attempt with a slightly bigger screen.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hi TKSullivan,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We're sorry to hear that you were have issues using Twitch on Xbox Series X as you were prompted with an error message. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

To properly isolate your concern, we will be asking few questions.

1. May we ask if this error message also displays on all streaming apps whenever you are setting up a live stream?
    2. Did you play a game beforehand and paused it before setting up the live stream on Twitch?
    3. When did this issue happen? Was there a recent update or new application installed in this device?
    4. Regarding your other concern for PC, may we know if you installed all Windows updates for PC and Xbox apps?
    5. Are you unable to play Cloud gaming on Xbox app or browser? How about remotely play the games (please check resources for guide)?
    Resources, you might like to check:

Xbox Remote Play | Xbox

How to set up remote play | Xbox Support

Playing an Xbox console game with cloud gaming versus installing it | Xbox Support

How to stream from Twitch on Xbox | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Kathy A. Win User

For the Xbox Console, please send a report to Team Xbox by installing Xbox Report a Problem app. Please see guide here: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support.

Have you tried using Xbox Console Companion app on PC? Please try to install it from Microsoft Store - Get Xbox Console Companion - Microsoft Store. Kindly see if you can connect your console using this app.

Regarding remote play, you may use Xbox app (Phone or PC) by following the guide in here: How to set up remote play | Xbox Support.

Let us know the results by posting a reply.

Kind regards,

6. TKSullivan Win User

Game does not allow live streaming?

Your answer is not satisfactory since the issue is specifically with Xbox Series X and S so far as I've seen, which are systems that came out well after Mixer shut down. I have been streaming on Twitch through my Series X and even I cannot stream a single game now, every game states "this game does not allow streaming" including games I HAVE streamed in the past.

So there's something else going on that is not "we shut Mixer down over a year before this console launched"
Thema:

1. Cannot Stream on Series X - Similar Threads - Cannot Stream Series

2. i am streaming on twitch and cannot hear my friends through my stream

in XBoX on Windows
    i am streaming on twitch and cannot hear my friends through my stream: i am streaming on twitch, but whenever i’m playing with friends, you can’t hear them on my stream. you can only hear myself. how do i fix it? 05822477-7885-4f16-9809-0eb30846fecb
  3. Cannot Stream Xbox for Child and play on my account via PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Stream Xbox for Child and play on my account via PC: I have GP Ultimate and 2 XBOXs. I set my son's XBOX to be the Home Xbox so that he can play my games without me actually being there. He streams his XBOX to the XBOX App on Android and fires up...
  4. Cannot use the cast function to stream to my Xbox Series X in WIndows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot use the cast function to stream to my Xbox Series X in WIndows 11: I have been attempting to stream content from my windows 11 equipped desktop computer to my Xbox Series X, however the cast function does not detect the console. I have reviewed this thread...
  5. Twitch stream cannot hear my teammates EXCEPT when I mute myself

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Twitch stream cannot hear my teammates EXCEPT when I mute myself: I am absolutely EXHAUSTED trying to find a solution, I've been trying for awhile now to have it so my stream can hear the people that I am playing with. I've looked in to the volume & audio output...
  6. When streaming from console my stream cannot hear my friends on game chat

in XboX Insiders
    When streaming from console my stream cannot hear my friends on game chat: When streaming from console my stream cannot hear my friends on game chat submitted by /u/Constant-Factor6694 [link] [comments]
  7. When streaming from console my stream cannot hear my friends on game chat

in XboX Insiders
    When streaming from console my stream cannot hear my friends on game chat: When streaming from console my stream cannot hear my friends on game chat, it really hinders the stream experience and lately I don't even have the motivation to stream since I found that out :/...
  8. Cannot hear in game Fortnite chat on stream.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot hear in game Fortnite chat on stream.: When I play/stream Fortnite, the in game chat cannot be heard on Twitch. I play with people on different platforms, so we cannot use party chat (I know how to make party chat work on stream). It...
  9. Cannot stream Xbox one to PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot stream Xbox one to PC: Hi there, When I use the Xbox one companion to stream my Xbox One to my windows 10 pc, it connects successfully, but the xbox screen is not being shown on my pc: [img] Here is a screenshot of...
  10. XBOX ONE S cannot stream OneGuide to Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX ONE S cannot stream OneGuide to Nintendo Switch.: XBOX ONE S cannot stream OneGuide into Nintendo Switch. It's very Important of stream Nintendo Switch on XBOX ONE. How come I cannot Capture on Nintendo Switch to OBS PC. [img]...