Cannot stay connect to Xbox Live when playing Minecraft Windows 10 version

Discus and support Cannot stay connect to Xbox Live when playing Minecraft Windows 10 version in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm currently having an issue where when I open Minecraft for Windows 10 it shows that I have connected to xbox live, but as soon as I enter one of my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TipzyKitten, Feb 9, 2018.

1. TipzyKitten
    TipzyKitten Guest

I'm currently having an issue where when I open Minecraft for Windows 10 it shows that I have connected to xbox live, but as soon as I enter one of my worlds it disconnects me so I can't use the multiplayer option. My nat is open, my internet connection
    is connected, server is connected and I have xbox gold live, but no matter what I do I cannot get minecraft to stay connected to xbox live so I can play with friends who are on other computers or xbox ones. Anyone have any ideas, I'd appreciate any help I
    can get, thanks.

:)

TipzyKitten, Feb 9, 2018
  2. DiogoJorge1
    DiogoJorge1 Guest
    MineCraft Windows 10 edition

My MineCraft Windows 10 edition is locking whenever it connects to the xbox live, when I am not connected in xbox live does not lock anymore when the connects starts to lock muinto.

DiogoJorge1, Feb 9, 2018
  3. Minecraft Versions

I purchased minecraft on my new laptop because I wanted to engage with my son in the minecraft world. My laptop minecraft windows 10 version 1.0.9 was installed stating it's the latest version. On my sons PC, he has minecraft version 1.11. We cannot connect
    as friends unless we are on the same version. How do we get the same version? I have already purchased both minecrafts.

luvdahunt1129, Feb 9, 2018
  4. Jomari Arc
    Jomari Arc Guest

Hi,

Network issue is one possible reason why you can't connect to Xbox Live. Here are 3 methods on how to troubleshoot Xbox Live connectivity issues:

Method 1: Hard reset your Xbox One and modem

Sometimes a hard-reset can help you fix some strange problems. A hard-reset of Xbox One controller and modem helps many users fix the Xbox One not connecting to Xbox Live error. So make sure to give it a shot.

How to hard reset your Xbox One:

1) Press and hold the Xbox Logo on your console until the console shuts off.

2) Wait for a while then turn your console back on by pressing the same Xbox button on your console.

How to hard reset your modem:

1) Use a pin or pen tip to hold the reset button of your modem for 30 seconds.

Note: You should see the power light blinking.

2) Release your hands and wait till the power light is steady.

Now try to see if your Xbox One could be connected to Xbox Live.

Method 2: Change IP settings and DNS settings on Xbox Live

The IP settings and DNS settings could also have an effect on the connection between your Xbox One and Xbox Live.

Follow the steps here to correct it:

1) Click the Settings icon on left side of your Xbox Live. Then click All settings.

2) Click Network. Then select Network settings on the right pane.

3) Go on to click Advanced settings.

4) Click IP settings and set it to be Automatic.

5) Now it’s back to Advanced settings. This time click DNS settings and set it to be Automatic.

Now try to connect your Xbox one to Xbox Live.

Method 3: Check the services related to Xbox Live

1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key + R key together to invoke the Run box.

2) Enter services.msc in the box and click OK.

3) Scroll down on the open Services window. Find and right click on Xbox Live Networking Service. Then select Properties.

4) On Gerenal pane, set its Startup type to Automatic from the drop-down menu.

Then click Apply > OK to save your settings.

5) Now it’s back on Services window, right-click on Xbox Live Networking Service again. This time select Start.

Note: If the Start option grayed out, select Restart instead.

Go on to do the same settings for Xbox Live Auth Manager and Xbox Live Game Save via the same steps above. They’re ussually listed closed to Xbox Live Networking Service.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Jomari Arc, Feb 27, 2018
  5. Jomari Arc Win User

Hi,

Network issue is one possible reason why you can't connect to Xbox Live. Here are 3 methods on how to troubleshoot Xbox Live connectivity issues:

Method 1: Hard reset your Xbox One and modem

Sometimes a hard-reset can help you fix some strange problems. A hard-reset of Xbox One controller and modem helps many users fix the Xbox One not connecting to Xbox Live error. So make sure to give it a shot.

How to hard reset your Xbox One:

1) Press and hold the Xbox Logo on your console until the console shuts off.

2) Wait for a while then turn your console back on by pressing the same Xbox button on your console.

How to hard reset your modem:

1) Use a pin or pen tip to hold the reset button of your modem for 30 seconds.

Note: You should see the power light blinking.

2) Release your hands and wait till the power light is steady.

Now try to see if your Xbox One could be connected to Xbox Live.

Method 2: Change IP settings and DNS settings on Xbox Live

The IP settings and DNS settings could also have an effect on the connection between your Xbox One and Xbox Live.

Follow the steps here to correct it:

1) Click the Settings icon on left side of your Xbox Live. Then click All settings.

2) Click Network. Then select Network settings on the right pane.

3) Go on to click Advanced settings.

4) Click IP settings and set it to be Automatic.

5) Now it’s back to Advanced settings. This time click DNS settings and set it to be Automatic.

Now try to connect your Xbox one to Xbox Live.

Method 3: Check the services related to Xbox Live

1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key + R key together to invoke the Run box.

2) Enter services.msc in the box and click OK.

3) Scroll down on the open Services window. Find and right click on Xbox Live Networking Service. Then select Properties.

4) On Gerenal pane, set its Startup type to Automatic from the drop-down menu.

Then click Apply > OK to save your settings.

5) Now it’s back on Services window, right-click on Xbox Live Networking Service again. This time select Start.

Note: If the Start option grayed out, select Restart instead.

Go on to do the same settings for Xbox Live Auth Manager and Xbox Live Game Save via the same steps above. They’re ussually listed closed to Xbox Live Networking Service.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Purchased Minecraft on PC can't get it on Xbox One S

Hello DorotheaDavidson,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you purchased Minecraft on Windows 10, but you would like to play it on Xbox One as well. The reason that you cannot play Minecraft on Windows 10 through the Xbox One is because there
    are two different versions of the game. One
    version is for Windows 10
    , and the other
    version is for Xbox One
    . You must purchase the console version of the game in order to play it on your Xbox One S. We hope this helps!
  7. dchawes2 Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Starter - Login Problem

I am confused by your answer. I have never logged in to Xbox Live. I simply click on Minecraft icon on Windows 10 to start to play. The version is Minecraft Starter Edition for Windows 10.
  8. XBF Brad A Win User

connect to xbox live impossible and i can't play online

Hello Tamable,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue connecting. Do you have an Xbox live subscription? You can also try the

multiplayer solution
    for connecting to Xbox live if the internet connection is the issue. Also, which version you trying to play, Xbox version or Windows 10 version of Minecraft.

Thanks,

Brad
  9. ScheduledAbyss8 Win User

‘Installation stopped’ problem

Minecraft Windows 10 edition cannot be downloaded on Xbox One, maybe you have another version
Thema:

1. Cannot stay connect to Xbox Live when playing Minecraft Windows 10 version - Similar Threads - Cannot stay connect

2. Alpha Ring Cannot start Rocket League - Stays stuck after 1st screen

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Ring Cannot start Rocket League - Stays stuck after 1st screen: Hey I have not been able to get Rocket League to work. Everything I have tried did not work. All that happens is stays stuck on the first screen after it asks you to press A. My NAT is Open....
  3. What kind of internet speeds are required to online game on xbox one s. I cannot stay...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What kind of internet speeds are required to online game on xbox one s. I cannot stay...: What kind of internet speeds are required to online game on xbox one s. I cannot stay connected while playing online for 99% of games i play. Minecraft is the exception....
  4. Controllers cannot stay connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controllers cannot stay connected: Hello Out of nowhere, my Xbox has developed a fault where no controllers with stay connected - neither wireless and wired up work It connects for a few seconds and then loses connection I’ve...
  5. cannot stay connected

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot stay connected: Bingo cannot stay connected to the internet. 70fb03db-6640-46c2-b119-69523aafbe3b
  6. Connected to internet, but cannot stay connected to Xbox Live since update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connected to internet, but cannot stay connected to Xbox Live since update: So my Xbox One did a mandatory update yesterday, and since then I cannot stay connected to Xbox Live. I tested the internet connection and it came back good. I did a hard reset on my modem and...
  7. Cannot stay connected to XBL; Comcast Technicolor Gateway

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot stay connected to XBL; Comcast Technicolor Gateway: Please Help!!! I've tried basically everything there is and sat through customer support on Xbox and Comcast and still no solution. I have the original white xbox 360, using a wireless adapter,...
  8. cannot stay connected to XBox Live or download purchased game

in XBoX on Consoles
    cannot stay connected to XBox Live or download purchased game: We have an XBox 360 and Linksys 1900ac router, Cox Cable is service provider, are connected to XBox wireless. Have cleared the system cache, deleted the marketplace system data, restarted router...
  9. Cannot stay Connected to EA server

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot stay Connected to EA server: ON all my ea games, NHL 15, Battlefield 4, Madden 25, only 3-5 is as long as I can stay connected.. 58cd2e2b-c61e-43d4-9d4f-607e2e7e262c
  10. Cannot stay on for more then 10 minutes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot stay on for more then 10 minutes...: I am usually a patient person. I have been for about 2 weeks now, saying 'oh microsoft, you'll work it out'. And I'm still patient. But I keep getting disconnected every 10 minutes and it's...