Cannot start or re-install Win 11

Discus and support Cannot start or re-install Win 11 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I Installed Win 11 Pro on my desktop in May 2023 from a DVD I had purchased. It ran beautifully and I was very pleased.In October I was away for two... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by John Phillips3, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Cannot start or re-install Win 11

I Installed Win 11 Pro on my desktop in May 2023 from a DVD I had purchased. It ran beautifully and I was very pleased.In October I was away for two weeks, so shut the computer down. When I came back, Win 11 would not start. Six weeks of nightmare later, I still have not succeeded.I have got close twice. Each time it said 84% complete, got me to enter a name and the asked for just a few moments. After lots and lots of moments the screen went black. Trying to re-install from disk had the same result. The solid circle would not turn and only one-third of the circle would remain. At the moment I have also had access to BIOS wiped out.What can I do please?

:)

John Phillips3, Nov 29, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

3. AdamWasik Win User

Xbox One S controller not working on w11

Fixed by reinstalling Windows 11 using installation assistant started with compatibility set to win 7
  4. Farscape247 Win User

No Wireless-Support on Windows 11 for Xbox Series X Controller (with Share-Button)

it can't be down to the updates as mine and my sons still work fine on 3 different pc's with win 11. i would unplu the wireless adapter and restart the pc then plug the adapter into a different port to re install the driver.
  5. hanson_0531 Win User

Age of Empires III: DE synchronisation issue

Hi,

My PC is connected to the internet wireless. But I don’t think that’s the problem.

And before when I re-install the game, the error can still be fixed. But now it cannot be fixed even I re-install it.

Should I turn off the firewall? Or should install some runtime? By the way I’m using a Windows 11.

Thanks for your help
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Locate Game library Win10/Win 11

Hi, to make sure i understand you correctly and you understand my question correctly: i can use (with exceptions ofc) files from both OS, like i use

my win 10 files/pics/music/libraries (as i am doing) in Win 11, but My (bought/owned) Forza 4 (alongside other gamepass games) needs to be deleted (or duplicate install in both OS) and installed in win 11 because its game files are encrypted via my "Old" OS even tho the game is installed on a disk my Win 11 has full access and privilege to from the same MS account as the Win 10 that was used to install it on the disk? this is what i'm understanding, is this correct?
    Windows Store games are encrypted. They are locked to the OS they where installed to. Windows 11 will treat this folder as from a different instalation and won't have access to the folder. The permissions are not migrated.

It's not a Windows 11 issue.
Thema:

1. Cannot start or re-install Win 11 - Similar Threads - Cannot start install

2. Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.: My Xbox one has suddenly stopped working. it just loads to a grey screen and then shows me the option to troubleshoot. I have tried every method and it is still not working or even factory...
  3. Battlefield 5 cannot start the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battlefield 5 cannot start the game: [img] When Steam launches Battlefield 5, it displays: This application cannot run on your computer. To find a version for your computer, please consult the software publisher. Version Windows 11...
  4. I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session..."

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session...": I am attempting to play Fallout 76, I have GP Ultimate, and for the first time I got a message before I was able to sign in that reads, "You cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of...
  5. Cannot start MSFS, crashes right after “press any button”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot start MSFS, crashes right after “press any button”: I’ve re-installed the game, I’ve reset the Xbox, I change screen settings to 1080p. I don’t know what else to do. af6b57a9-0679-4870-8973-fc62bf4b5d29
  6. Xbox app - Microsoft games cannot be started - login problem.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app - Microsoft games cannot be started - login problem.: I was playing the new Forza Motorsport when it crashed. After this crash, no Microsoft games (specifically forza, starfield, minecraft) can be launched, while other games (no man sky, disney,...
  7. Alpha Ring Cannot start Rocket League - Stays stuck after 1st screen

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Ring Cannot start Rocket League - Stays stuck after 1st screen: Hey I have not been able to get Rocket League to work. Everything I have tried did not work. All that happens is stays stuck on the first screen after it asks you to press A. My NAT is Open....
  8. with xbox on windows I cannot get anymore the Microsoft solitaire collection to start! Has...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    with xbox on windows I cannot get anymore the Microsoft solitaire collection to start! Has...: On my windows PC, I cannot get the Microsoft solitaire collection to start anymore. I tried to re-install it, I tried renew the profile in xbox... nothing happens The launching page appears and...
  9. I downloaded an assassins creed game and Its 95% complete and I cannot start a new game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downloaded an assassins creed game and Its 95% complete and I cannot start a new game?: I downloaded an assassins creed game and Its 95% complete and I cannot start a new game? b4c68e28-3f1e-4ea7-81da-69cfe81057e6
  10. Installed games not showing in library anymore and cannot be opened through start menu...

in XboX Insiders
    Installed games not showing in library anymore and cannot be opened through start menu...: -Xbox app had a problem and after reinstalling gaming service I can't see my installed games -If I search the store for the game it says "install" instead of "play" -The correct installation...