Cannot Start Game without parent account

Discus and support Cannot Start Game without parent account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My brother and I play on 2 separate accounts on 2 separate xboxes and we have been able to play together at the same time. But after the recent xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PrestonBench, Oct 22, 2020.

1. PrestonBench
    PrestonBench Guest

My brother and I play on 2 separate accounts on 2 separate xboxes and we have been able to play together at the same time. But after the recent xbox update, we are unable to play at the same time and I am going to play a game I need to be signed into his
    account in addition to mine. When I try to play games that I have the disc for it says I do not own the game and need to sign in on the account that purchased or installed the game but I have played on the same account with the same games for 4-5 years no
    changes.

:)

PrestonBench, Oct 22, 2020
  2. ngocphi Win User

Error when I try to download the free Xbox 360 game

The issue is that you are doing it on a child accoujt

Have a parental account or use a xbox 360

Child accounts cannot make purchases of m rated games without parental permissions on a consoke

And the xbox one parental settings aren't compatible with xbox 360 as there is no unrestricted settings that's why it cannot be made on the xbox one on child accounts

So the xbox one uses the Web interface not the 360
  3. Grippier Win User

I can't promote my account

Unfortunately I cannot remember the parental account itself (sadly I remember the password). Is there any way to do this without the parent account, or will I be left frustrated in the dust like many other unresolved questions?
  4. ngocphi Win User

Cannot Purchase 360 Titles

Child accounts cannot make purchases without parental permissions you will have to borrow or rent a 360 to queue m rated content
  5. Leslie Clynckemailli Win User

Unlink an account

Definately not unlinking from the console, so I guess unlinking from a family account.

Can this be done without having the credentials of the parent account?

In regards to the transfer, I know games cannot be transferred, but what about achievements etc. ...?

Regards,

Leslie
  6. ngocphi Win User

Permanent Suspension Inquiry After Apeal has been Upheld

The parental accoujt cannot be removed without the child being over 18

And no the age settings cannot be changed
Thema:

1. Cannot Start Game without parent account - Similar Threads - Cannot Start Game

2. Battlefield 5 cannot start the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battlefield 5 cannot start the game: [img] When Steam launches Battlefield 5, it displays: This application cannot run on your computer. To find a version for your computer, please consult the software publisher. Version Windows 11...
  3. I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session..."

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session...": I am attempting to play Fallout 76, I have GP Ultimate, and for the first time I got a message before I was able to sign in that reads, "You cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of...
  4. Xbox app - Microsoft games cannot be started - login problem.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app - Microsoft games cannot be started - login problem.: I was playing the new Forza Motorsport when it crashed. After this crash, no Microsoft games (specifically forza, starfield, minecraft) can be launched, while other games (no man sky, disney,...
  5. I downloaded an assassins creed game and Its 95% complete and I cannot start a new game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downloaded an assassins creed game and Its 95% complete and I cannot start a new game?: I downloaded an assassins creed game and Its 95% complete and I cannot start a new game? b4c68e28-3f1e-4ea7-81da-69cfe81057e6
  6. I cannot start my R6 game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot start my R6 game: My digital copy of R6 will not start up as upon clicking on it I get hit with a pop up saying I have to buy R6 Which is weird considering I was just playing it yesterday this has been happening...
  7. Installed games not showing in library anymore and cannot be opened through start menu...

in XboX Insiders
    Installed games not showing in library anymore and cannot be opened through start menu...: -Xbox app had a problem and after reinstalling gaming service I can't see my installed games -If I search the store for the game it says "install" instead of "play" -The correct installation...
  8. Cannot Pass Xbox Comfirmation Page at Game Start (PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Pass Xbox Comfirmation Page at Game Start (PC): Hello, I cannot pass Xbox popup when try to play a game keep clicking "Let's Play" button but it keeps coming... [img] a19effa9-e20a-4f50-b0b6-4e37da5a50ec
  9. when I try to start Dragon Quest 11 on game pass, I cannot get in the game.

in XBoX on Windows
    when I try to start Dragon Quest 11 on game pass, I cannot get in the game.: whenever I try to start Dragon Quest 11 on game pass, I cannot get in the game. I just stuck in a almost debug like manu that says "MapJumpMenu" with a blue "clear Preload" on the left. I tried to...
  10. Cannot start any game - Error: Incorrect function

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot start any game - Error: Incorrect function: [img] When trying to play any game from Xbox Game Pass (Desperados III, Dead By Daylight, Grounded) on PC, error like this shows up. Reinstalling the games doesn't work. I tried restarting...