Cannot speak or hear others in Party chat. (Returning Issue).

Discus and support Cannot speak or hear others in Party chat. (Returning Issue). in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I contacted Microsoft support about this issue yesterday, their suggested fix was restoring my Xbox to factory defaults - This fixed my issue until I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ii LeGiT ScoPeZ, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Cannot speak or hear others in Party chat. (Returning Issue).

I contacted Microsoft support about this issue yesterday, their suggested fix was restoring my Xbox to factory defaults - This fixed my issue until I logged in today and joined my friends party. So, the problem has returned and instead of contacting support
    again I'm here to hopefully shed some light on this issue that I and one other friend are experiencing. I have tried a few potential fixes but none have solved the issue other than restoring. This issue only started happening after the most recent update.

What I've tried to fix the issue -

1) Restarting my Xbox (Both hard & Soft restarts).

2) Using multiple headsets with three different controllers.

3) Using a different internet connection.

4) Having others host the party (They can talk/hear each other).

5) Using both a headset adapter and the built-in 3.5mm jack on the controllers.

I also am not able to talk to others using my Kinect, but I am able to give commands and use Cortana.

I should also add that I tested each headset on my computer and they all work as they should - Microphone included. Also, I am able to hear the game sounds through the headset and adjust the volume of those sounds using the headset adapter.

Thank you for any help!

:)

ii LeGiT ScoPeZ, Mar 31, 2017
  2. X xRosko
    X xRosko Guest
    Privacy settings blocking party chat when privacy settings are set to allow all communication

“Your privacy settings prevent chat with some people”

Literally all of my privacy settings are set to allow communication with everyone, yet I cannot speak or hear others in party or game chat. I’m getting really sick of Xbox One not working for no apparent reason.

X xRosko, Mar 31, 2017
  3. Party Chat Issues? Can't chat within Party

Having the same issue. We can actually get into each others games now for DR3 but she can't hear me and I can hear her. Party Chat is enabled and when I look at the party I see the dots turn green when we speak...only issue is, she can't hear me.

Ada Wong turn, Mar 31, 2017
  4. DaleSmith2075 Win User

Game Chat

Fortnite, Rainbow Six Siege, Call of duty MW. My party chat works but never my game chat. It shows that they are speaking but I cannot hear them.
  5. Ada Wong turn Win User

Party Chat Issues? Can't chat within Party

Having the same issue. We can actually get into each others games now for DR3 but she can't hear me and I can hear her. Party Chat is enabled and when I look at the party I see the dots turn green when we speak...only issue is, she can't hear me.
  6. Alexander Benua Koga Win User

Why does use of Xbox Party Chat via Xbox Game bar mute all OTHER audio?

Thank you, but that is not what I asked. My problem is ONLY hearing the Party chat. When joining a party, all OTHER audio is suddenly lost. The second I Leave, it returns.

EDIT:

I've just discovered that the issue is only a problem when in a party with others. When in a party alone, I can hear everything fine but my microphone detects no input.
  7. DaGreekMachine Win User

Skullcandy Plyr 2 connection to Xbox One

I have one but i cannot hear the other people in the chat or party. They can hear me though...
  8. Post IXI Mortem Win User

Xbox One Chat mic not working.---Help us All Out..PLease

To clarify my issue for comparison. I can hear other people with the Xbox One Chat Headset. They cannot hear me. In addition the mic icon in the Xbox Live Party Chat Menu is ALWAYS ON regardless of whether or not the mic is plugged in or the controller is
    on or off. The mic icon is ALWAYS ON.
Thema:

Cannot speak or hear others in Party chat. (Returning Issue).

1. Cannot speak or hear others in Party chat. (Returning Issue). - Similar Threads - Cannot speak hear

2. Cannot speak to anybody from Xbox support

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot speak to anybody from Xbox support: For some reason I cannot for the life of me get through to any Xbox support. If I click request a call, I get white screen. If I try to speak to an event in the chat, I get a white screen. Virtual...
  3. Cannot speak / chat in minecraft servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot speak / chat in minecraft servers: This has been going of for a LONG time probably over 2-3 years now, anything i type cant be seen by anyone in the featured servers section and yes I've already set the Xbox online settings. The...
  4. Fornite : Cannot speak - Sound working perfectly on other apps/games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fornite : Cannot speak - Sound working perfectly on other apps/games: Hello, My children playing fortnite cannot talk to their friends over the fornite platform. On Xbox chat the microphone functions. I have had the children quit any microsoft group whilst in...
  5. How do I speak to tech support as my xbox one freezes all the time and i cannot find an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I speak to tech support as my xbox one freezes all the time and i cannot find an...: How do I speak to tech support as my xbox one freezes all the time and i cannot find an answer online. I have factory reset many times with no luck. I think my profile may be corrupt....
  6. kann mit Mitspielern nicht sprechen -[Translation - cannot speak to other players]

in XBoX on Consoles
    kann mit Mitspielern nicht sprechen -[Translation - cannot speak to other players]: Ich habe ein Headset am Controller angeschlossen. Höre meine Mitspieler (Fortnite) Aber diese können mich nicht hören. Es taucht folgende Meldung auf: "Spieler der Gruppe können Sie nicht hören,...
  7. I have no active ban but I still cannot speak on me and my brothers account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have no active ban but I still cannot speak on me and my brothers account: I have no active ban but I still cannot speak on me and my brothers account cd676231-2bed-4beb-9aaa-4c9ea08d6a40
  8. Cannot hear or speak online with chat headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot hear or speak online with chat headset: I tried all the troubleshooting, and I can send voice chats to my friends. However, I cannot hear other gamers or speak to them as well. I know the mic works ( i have two different ones and two...
  9. Cannot speak in party/in-game chat. But can hear everyone through headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot speak in party/in-game chat. But can hear everyone through headset.: This all started just a few days ago. I tried joining a party to chat with friends. Only to find out that I my voice doesn't broadcast or project in chat. Nothing at all, I can hear them just...
  10. Cannot hear or speak in game chat on Destiny with the Xbox one basic headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot hear or speak in game chat on Destiny with the Xbox one basic headset: Ok first off Destiny is the only game I own so far that I really need to chat on while doing the Crucible multiplayer, so don't know if this is strickly a problem I am having with Destiny or if...