Cannot speak in party/in-game chat. But can hear everyone through headset.

Discus and support Cannot speak in party/in-game chat. But can hear everyone through headset. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This all started just a few days ago. I tried joining a party to chat with friends. Only to find out that I my voice doesn't broadcast or project in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Azurite Dragoon, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Cannot speak in party/in-game chat. But can hear everyone through headset.

This all started just a few days ago.

I tried joining a party to chat with friends. Only to find out that I my voice doesn't broadcast or project in chat. Nothing at all, I can hear them just fine but I can't say anything at all. In party chat the circle does not light up when I talk at all.
    Or when I talk in game like Destiny where communication in Raids is everything.

I tried talking to support and there was nothing they could do. They made me do a hard reset and then sent me to people in a different division where I waited for an hour only to be disconnected because no one answered.

I have a moderate NAT but that never caused me any problems like this. I don't want anybody crying on my shoulder, I only want answers on how to fix this.

:)

Azurite Dragoon, Jan 29, 2015
  2. CHAT HEADSET STOPPED WORKING AND SOLUTION

@gh0stz. Im having the exact same problem. in party chat if my headset is connected they can hear me but i cannot hear them. However, when I'm not in party chat and the headset is connected, I hear game sound through the headset but no chat sound. let me
    know if you have found a solution

WhileyCoyote00, Jan 29, 2015
  3. Microphones on both of my headsets not working since this week's update

I can't hear anybody through my TB XO One headset, but they can hear me. Game chat is fine, but in party chat it doesn't work. It shows me speaking when I speak, and my friends tell me they can hear me, and if I unplug the headset, I can hear people speaking
    through the TV speakers.

The fact that game chat still works proves that it's Microsoft's software, not my headset, adapter, Xbox or controller.

ThumbnailBox451, Jan 29, 2015
  4. Cannot speak in party/in-game chat. But can hear everyone through headset.

Also to add I have two different controllers and it does the same thing to both. I even went out and bought a $100 headset only to see it does he exact same thing regardless...

Azurite Dragoon, Jan 29, 2015
  5. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    @midnight I had this issue the this morning after I had just updated the controllers. I realised that the update had unassigned my profile from all 3 controllers,

Go to Settings>devices and assign the controllers to your profile and see if it resolves the issue.

RippenHarra, Jan 29, 2015
  6. VoraciousMan
    VoraciousMan Guest
    I was talking to my friend then he left the party and now my mic does not work. I can hear them but when i go to speak it will not let me speak to them. :-(

VoraciousMan, Feb 4, 2015
  7. MIG GUNZ
    MIG GUNZ Guest
    In parties/chats I can hear my friends but my friends can't hear me, this happened after a 2 week ban... And this headset works on my brother's profile on the same console (one). So it's not a headset issue, it's a profile issue. Please help!! Thanks

MIG GUNZ, Nov 1, 2015
  8. Asavino21
    Asavino21 Guest

Asavino21, Nov 1, 2015
  9. N7 Tigger
    N7 Tigger Guest
    @Asavino Stop posting this nonsense on every thread about this problem. And stop suggesting it as the answer. It is a bug caused by the enforcement team. And they clearly don't care. The only solution is buying a PS4.

N7 Tigger, Nov 1, 2015
  10. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Hey everyone,

Since this is an older thread, please post a new thread detailing the issue you're experiencing. That way the community here can provide support tailored to you!

N7 Tigger,

The issue you're posting in regards to is different than the issue described in this thread. Going forward, keep posts related to that issue

over here. Thanks!

Mister Beep, Oct 31, 2018
  11. MIG GUNZ Win User

In parties/chats I can hear my friends but my friends can't hear me, this happened after a 2 week ban... And this headset works on my brother's profile on the same console (one). So it's not a headset issue, it's a profile issue. Please help!! Thanks
  12. Azurite Dragoon Win User

Also to add I have two different controllers and it does the same thing to both. I even went out and bought a $100 headset only to see it does he exact same thing regardless...
  13. VoraciousMan Win User

I was talking to my friend then he left the party and now my mic does not work. I can hear them but when i go to speak it will not let me speak to them. :-(
  14. RippenHarra Win User

@midnight I had this issue the this morning after I had just updated the controllers. I realised that the update had unassigned my profile from all 3 controllers,

Go to Settings>devices and assign the controllers to your profile and see if it resolves the issue.
  15. N7 Tigger Win User

@Asavino Stop posting this nonsense on every thread about this problem. And stop suggesting it as the answer. It is a bug caused by the enforcement team. And they clearly don't care. The only solution is buying a PS4.
Thema:

1. Cannot speak in party/in-game chat. But can hear everyone through headset. - Similar Threads - Cannot speak party

2. Cannot speak to anybody from Xbox support

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot speak to anybody from Xbox support: For some reason I cannot for the life of me get through to any Xbox support. If I click request a call, I get white screen. If I try to speak to an event in the chat, I get a white screen. Virtual...
  3. Cannot speak / chat in minecraft servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot speak / chat in minecraft servers: This has been going of for a LONG time probably over 2-3 years now, anything i type cant be seen by anyone in the featured servers section and yes I've already set the Xbox online settings. The...
  4. Fornite : Cannot speak - Sound working perfectly on other apps/games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fornite : Cannot speak - Sound working perfectly on other apps/games: Hello, My children playing fortnite cannot talk to their friends over the fornite platform. On Xbox chat the microphone functions. I have had the children quit any microsoft group whilst in...
  5. How do I speak to tech support as my xbox one freezes all the time and i cannot find an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I speak to tech support as my xbox one freezes all the time and i cannot find an...: How do I speak to tech support as my xbox one freezes all the time and i cannot find an answer online. I have factory reset many times with no luck. I think my profile may be corrupt....
  6. kann mit Mitspielern nicht sprechen -[Translation - cannot speak to other players]

in XBoX on Consoles
    kann mit Mitspielern nicht sprechen -[Translation - cannot speak to other players]: Ich habe ein Headset am Controller angeschlossen. Höre meine Mitspieler (Fortnite) Aber diese können mich nicht hören. Es taucht folgende Meldung auf: "Spieler der Gruppe können Sie nicht hören,...
  7. I have no active ban but I still cannot speak on me and my brothers account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have no active ban but I still cannot speak on me and my brothers account: I have no active ban but I still cannot speak on me and my brothers account cd676231-2bed-4beb-9aaa-4c9ea08d6a40
  8. Suspension lifted but still cannot speak to my friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Suspension lifted but still cannot speak to my friends: my suspension got lifted about 24hrs who but I still cannot speak to my friends or send messages I’ve tried everything trying to fix it e4c9ce75-bc7b-47f0-a27d-e667067c8a30
  9. Cannot speak or hear others in Party chat. (Returning Issue).

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot speak or hear others in Party chat. (Returning Issue).: I contacted Microsoft support about this issue yesterday, their suggested fix was restoring my Xbox to factory defaults - This fixed my issue until I logged in today and joined my friends party....
  10. Xbox live - cannot speak/play with one of friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live - cannot speak/play with one of friends: Hi My Son suddenly cannot speak with or play a game with one of his friends on Xbox live and was wondering if anyone knew why this could be? Both have active subscriptions, both has internet...