Cannot Sign In to Xbox App (The system cannot find the file specified)

Discus and support Cannot Sign In to Xbox App (The system cannot find the file specified) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi. I've been having issues with the Xbox App. It opens alright but everytime I try to sign in a message pops up that says "We couldn't sign you to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jakub Jenčík, Oct 20, 2023.

1. Cannot Sign In to Xbox App (The system cannot find the file specified)

Hi. I've been having issues with the Xbox App. It opens alright but everytime I try to sign in a message pops up that says "We couldn't sign you to Xbox Live. SYSTEM cannot find the file specified"

I tried force deleting the Xbox Live and Game services through power shell. Clean installation of windows. Doing basic stuff as deleting and downloading the app.. restarting pc. I'm really lost now. I have a hunch it might be caused by corrupted files somewhere on my Windows disk or other disks. But I'm not sure which files those are or where they are. Thanks for help!

Cannot Sign In to Xbox App (The system cannot find the file specified) [​IMG]

:)

Jakub Jenčík, Oct 20, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist today.

Seeing that you have tried multiple troubleshoots without any solution, I advise you consider resetting your Windows. Resetting your PC lets you perform a clean reinstallation and update of Windows while keeping your personal data and most Windows settings intact. In some cases, a clean installation may improve your device's performance, security, browsing experience, and battery life.

For more details on how to give your PC a fresh start, kindly visit: https://support.microsoft.com/windo... reset your PC, go,this PC , select Reset PC.

However, I'll still share the basic troubleshooting tips in case you can find something that you may have not yet tried.
    - Restart your device.
    - Update Windows.
    - Update your device drivers.
    - Update the Xbox and Gaming Services apps.
    - Sign into the Xbox app and Store using the same account.
    - Remove and reinstall Gaming Services.
    - Make sure your date and time is correct.
    - Disable your antivirus.
    - Use the app troubleshooter.
    - Repair and reset the Xbox app.

For more details on the above and more troubleshooting tips, kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  3. Z3rkhol Win User

Xbox app Sign in

I fixed the issue on my own. On this day i found out in xbox gamebar that i cannot log in there on social tab. It showed that they cannot sign me into xbox live (The system cannot find the file specified) so i fixed thanks to JeffreyCloutier in this dicussion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specified-xboxbeta/b7d0ae26-f24f-460e-954e-65fa61641d0d
  4. {Parity} Win User

Cannot sign into console companion "system cannot find the file specified"

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Also, make sure your PC is fully updated.
  5. khader Alhowari Win User

XBOX Game Pass App - "The system cannot find the file specified"

Hey my friend

Did u try to reinstall the app !

Clear cache!

And check if u have all files up-to-date
  6. MrPig98 Win User

Xbox app windows 10 - unable to sign in "the system cannot find the file specified"

L4c3rd4 thanks for the help, but I am afraid that did not work, same issue even after a full ISO update.
Thema:

1. Cannot Sign In to Xbox App (The system cannot find the file specified) - Similar Threads - Cannot Sign App

2. I cannot sign into Gamebar or the Xbox app (code 0x80004005), but I can play online xbox...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot sign into Gamebar or the Xbox app (code 0x80004005), but I can play online xbox...: I think I'm stuck in some kind of sign-in limbo where I'm logged in enough to play game like Sea of Thieves (which requires you to be signed in), but not when it comes to the Xbox social options....
  3. Cannot sign in to Xbox app (PC), sign in window immediately closes itself

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot sign in to Xbox app (PC), sign in window immediately closes itself: So when I try to sign in, the sign in window opens and then closes almost immediately. I saw a post on this sub from someone with the same problem from a couple years ago, and their solution was...
  4. Cannot sign into anything xbox/windows related such as the xbox app and where the issue...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign into anything xbox/windows related such as the xbox app and where the issue...: Error Code: 0x80004005 code: Eroded Badlands. A file that the Windows Product Activation (WPA) requires is damaged or missing. Please reboot, verify system permissions, and make sure your...
  5. Xbox accessories App issue - Cannot sign in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox accessories App issue - Cannot sign in: Hello, I have an Xbox Elite Controller, and I need to use the app in order to rebind the controller and check for updates. I have not been able to sign into xbox live for months now. I get an...
  6. Cannot Sign Into Gamebar Or any other services that require xbox sign in using a app named...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Sign Into Gamebar Or any other services that require xbox sign in using a app named...: The popup that Grey Xbox app gives me goes white for about a minute until it says "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live. Sorry something went wrong. try again in a while. (0x89235107)" This same...
  7. Cannot sign in to xbox app -- Bad SSL?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign in to xbox app -- Bad SSL?: Hello, I can't sign into the xbox app -- I've traced the issue to a line in the log files: 2023-01-15T01:37:53Z E/XPAFTServer - GRPC: Handshake failed with fatal error SSL_ERROR_SSL:...
  8. Cannot sign into Microsoft store or Xbox app on windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot sign into Microsoft store or Xbox app on windows 10: When I go to sign in to Microsoft store and select my account it goes to another window that closes instantly with the account at the top with a “sign in” instead of my username. Similar thing...
  9. Cannot Sign Into Xbox App on Windows

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Sign Into Xbox App on Windows: When I attempt to sign in, the prompt disappears. I have both a personal and work account on the PC e1c6183b-7904-45c2-81c6-22d69269418b
  10. Cannot Sign Into Xbox App with Microsoft Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Sign Into Xbox App with Microsoft Account: Hello, I'm having an issue with my Xbox app on my PC. I cannot sign into my Microsoft account. When I open the app, I don't get a sign in screen or anything. It brings me to the homepage with my...