Cannot share “Live” with new Series X

Discus and support Cannot share “Live” with new Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have Game Pass Ultimate and a Series X. My wife had a One X. As of last night with her One X set as my Home box, she and I could play all of my games... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Otis Viles, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Otis Viles
    Otis Viles Guest

I have Game Pass Ultimate and a Series X. My wife had a One X. As of last night with her One X set as my Home box, she and I could play all of my games (purchased or Game Pass) and both play online. My Series X wasn’t the Home box obviously but my controller signed me in.

Today I surprised her with a Series X so we could play Baldur’s Gate together. I set her new system as my Home box again and she has access to my library. When we try to play online, however, it prompts her to choose a Game Pass plan. This happens in any online game we try. If I sign in, then she can go online but we can’t both play the same games.

I’ve tried the “power cycle both machines” trick, and reset her console to make sure I did the order of operations right:

- sign in as me, set Home

- sign out, then sign in as her

- set her controller to always sign her in

I know this should work as I was doing it less than 24 hours ago. I don’t see anything involving online in the current service outages so is this broke and just missed today, am I doing it wrong, or maybe this just doesn’t work the same with Series X?

:)

Otis Viles, Dec 18, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: