Cannot select folder necessary for advanced installation and manager Folder

Discus and support Cannot select folder necessary for advanced installation and manager Folder in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I cannot download Doom Eternal through the Xbox App and when I try to download it through the Microsoft Store, it prompts me to download the game using... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/HmmmOk_, Dec 19, 2021.

1. /u/HmmmOk_
    /u/HmmmOk_ Guest

I cannot download Doom Eternal through the Xbox App and when I try to download it through the Microsoft Store, it prompts me to download the game using the Xbox App so that doesn't work. This link is what shows up when I click "install" to download the game: https://imgur.com/EroNEVY

It says "Choose a drive", so I believe I have to choose one in order for Xbox to install the game to said drive. However, there are no drives to choose from. And when I follow the instructions in order to select the folder to install the game to, there is no option to: https://imgur.com/O6gixFg (This is what usually appears - screenshot from the internet - https://imgur.com/RJsQFFl)

It is impossible to download Doom Eternal because I cannot set the folder for advanced installation and management. Even if I untick the box saying I want to use the advanced installation methods, this appears: https://imgur.com/cfLoykR when trying to install the game. Any help if at all will be much appreciated. Thank you.

submitted by /u/HmmmOk_
    [link] [comments]

/u/HmmmOk_, Dec 19, 2021
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Unable to change installation drive in xbox app.

Please try to change the folder permission on your D drive:

Press Windows + E to launch the File Explorer.

Navigate to the drive where you want to install the apps (in your case, it’s the D: drive, right?).

Locate the WindowsApps folder. If you cannot find one, create a new folder by the same name.

Right-click on WindowsApps folder and select Properties from the context menu. Alternatively, you can select the folder and hit Alt + Enter to launch the Properties window.

Navigate to the Security tab and select Advanced.

Click on Continue in the Permissions tab of the Advanced Security Settings window.

Select Change to modify the permissions and grant access to the folder.

Click Advanced in the Select User or Group window.

Click on Find Now.

Select your user account from the list at the botton and click on OK.

Click OK in the Select User or Group window.

Click on Apply to save the changes.

Select OK in the Windows Security prompt that appears.

Finally, click OK to close the window.

After making the changes, restart the computer and check if you can now save the games to the selected drive. Make sure the drive has enough free space for the game and that the WindowsApp folder is created on the drive. It is always best to install Xbox Games on the WindowsApp folder.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Cannot change game install location in Xbox App. Every single install goes to the WindowsApps folder.

Hi Zephire14! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Apps are required to be in that folder in order to work and in any drive you want to install games the folder will be created to install the games, if you wanna modify the files in the folder you have to take ownership of the folder, you can do that following this steps
    That's going to be changing very soon. In fact, users can easily sign up to be an insider for the Xbox App and test out the new up-coming installation features that will eventually be available to all users by default.

Advanced Installation and Management Features available for Insiders through the Xbox App for Windows

Without enabling the advanced install features, the default install folder is the encrypted 'WindowsApps' folder. This folder is encrypted and protected, changing the ownership will have no effect on this.

The insiders advanced features option can install supported games to any directory, and unlike the WindowsApps folder, these directories are not protected. Supported games are ones where 'Administration approval required for installation' is listed on the download screen.
  4. KhajiBower34 Win User

Installing Anything But Cant Give a Installation Path

Hello Lennart T, My name is Khaji I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties when trying to select an installation path for Minecraft Launcher. Here are some suggestions that might help you solve the problem:

Check folder permissions: Make sure you have the appropriate permissions to access and write to the folder you are selecting. If the folder is protected or restricted, you may not be able to install programs in it. Try selecting a folder where you have full permissions, such as your user folder or the default program installation folder (for example, "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)").

Try running the installer as administrator: Right-click the Minecraft Launcher installer and select "Run as administrator." This can give the installer the necessary permissions to write to the destination folder you choose.

Temporarily disable antivirus: Some antivirus programs can interfere with software installation. Try temporarily disabling your antivirus before starting the installation to see if that solves the problem. Remember to re-enable your antivirus once you have completed the installation.

Try installing to a different folder: If you still have problems even when selecting the default installation folders, try creating a new folder in a different location (for example, "C:\Games" or "D:\Minecraft") and select that folder as installation destination. Make sure you have the appropriate permissions to write to that folder.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  5. KhajiBower34 Win User

I have a new build Win 11 PC and I want to run MSFS which I used to run on a Win 10 PC.

Hello DenisSteel, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I'm sorry that you are going through these problems, I will help you solve your problem, remember that I am a Player just like you with a little more experience in Software and Hardware.

Sign in to your Microsoft or Steam account To install the game on your new PC, simply sign in to your Microsoft or Steam account and download the game from your library

Back up the Official and Community folders If your game is up to date, back up the Official and Community folders installed on your old system.

Create a folder on the drive of your choice, They recommend giving it a simple name like “Microsoft Flight Simulator” or “MSFS”

Copy the backup folders into your new folder, Copy the backup folders into your new folder.

Do a clean install of the app through the Xbox app or Steam Do a clean install of the app through the Xbox app or Steam (the initial 1.5 gib that you install before downloading the packages)

Select the package installation path Once you reach the installation manager screen, select the package installation path

Select the folder you created previously, Select the folder you created previously (for example: “D:MSFS”) and let the installation manager scan the existing files
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Installing Flight Simulator 2020 on Windows 11 from Xbox app - only allows install on C:

Please try to change the folder permission on your E drive:

Press Windows + E to launch the File Explorer.

Navigate to the drive where you want to install the apps (in your case, it’s the E: drive).

Locate the WindowsApps folder. If you cannot find one, create a new folder by the same name.

Right-click on WindowsApps folder and select Properties from the context menu. Alternatively, you can select the folder and hit Alt + Enter to launch the Properties window.

Navigate to the Security tab and select Advanced.

Click on Continue in the Permissions tab of the Advanced Security Settings window.

Select Change to modify the permissions and grant access to the folder.

Click Advanced in the Select User or Group window.

Click on Find Now.

Select your user account from the list at the botton and click on OK.

Click OK in the Select User or Group window.

Click on Apply to save the changes.

Select OK in the Windows Security prompt that appears.

Finally, click OK to close the window.

After making the changes, restart the computer and check if you can now save the games to the selected drive.

If the game still can't be saved on your External SSD, please let me know and we'll proceed to further troubleshooting.
Thema:

1. Cannot select folder necessary for advanced installation and manager Folder - Similar Threads - Cannot select folder

2. The virtual keyboard of my Xbox one x console is not responding, I cannot select any letter...

in XBoX Accessibility
    The virtual keyboard of my Xbox one x console is not responding, I cannot select any letter...: The virtual keyboard of my Xbox one x console is not responding. I cannot select and letter to enter apart from space where it's stuck at. Any help? 47ec77e6-18c4-4fee-94d6-b79c568395f2
  3. Cannot select Cloud as a device option when launching Skate 3.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot select Cloud as a device option when launching Skate 3.: Hi, I’ve tried absolutely EVERYTHING to get this to work, but my main problem is that I can’t select cloud save as an option in “select a device” when launching Skate 3 on my Xbox 360, so I...
  4. Cannot Select Shipping Address for Warranty Replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Select Shipping Address for Warranty Replacement: I'm trying to submit a service order for my Xbox Series S since it wont turn on, but whenever I select my address and click next, nothing happens. Can anyone help me with this issue?...
  5. I cannot select a shipping address in the "Device Service & Repair" pop-up when requesting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot select a shipping address in the "Device Service & Repair" pop-up when requesting...: I am able to enter addresses, then highlight one, but nothing happens when I click the "next" button. Tried iphone Safari and Firefox, then moved to desktop and tried Edge Version 118.0.2088.46...
  6. In win11, the xbox app setting game installation location cannot select some partitions

in XBoX on Consoles
    In win11, the xbox app setting game installation location cannot select some partitions: Xbox version 2211.1001.24.0 Game service version 8.71.8001.0 Xbox Game Bar version 5.822.10271.0 [img] w I can only choose the disk partition as shown above↑,BUT! I do have an I drive。↓...
  7. I cannot select anything on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot select anything on my Xbox 360: Can’t Select anything on my Xbox one 5cf6b0dd-043f-4748-8e9c-df5f5847dacd
  8. Cannot Select Shipping Address for Warranty Replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Select Shipping Address for Warranty Replacement: Split from this thread. Hello all, Thank you for your patience while we investigated this issue. Our support team has informed us that they deployed a fix for this issue. If you are still...
  9. In windows app "XBOX ", I cannot select drive. Drive combobox disbled and "() unknown...

in XBoX on Windows
    In windows app "XBOX ", I cannot select drive. Drive combobox disbled and "() unknown...: Hi. In windows app "XBOX ", I cannot select drive. Drive combobox disbled and "() unknown availble" is displayed. "Install" button is also disabled, so I cannot install game. If you have any...
  10. Code: 0x8007139F gaming services update error & cannot select which drive to install games...

in XBoX on Windows
    Code: 0x8007139F gaming services update error & cannot select which drive to install games...: HAS ANYONE GOT ANSWERS please help **** app is not working :C 1e33ba4d-402d-4947-84ab-cd5712eec7c4