Cannot seem to get game streaming to work well, stutters every 13 seconds.

Discus and support Cannot seem to get game streaming to work well, stutters every 13 seconds. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am really confused and do not understand how to get this game streaming to work well. I have a netgear night hawk router on a 5.0ghz network and am... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kurtiskrohn, Jan 10, 2017.

1. kurtiskrohn
    kurtiskrohn Guest

I am really confused and do not understand how to get this game streaming to work well. I have a netgear night hawk router on a 5.0ghz network and am trying to use a surface pro 2 to stream to. I am maybe 25 feet away with my surface from my router and
    the xbox is maybe 10 feet. both devices show 100% network connection. when I am streaming I open the streaming statistics and at very high settings shows me using 16mbps steady, runs really smooth, then at about 13 seconds have a huge stutter then once again
    runs really well for about 13 seconds then a huge stutter. but there are no dips in the streaming statistics just shows a nice steady 16mbps, and if I drop it to medium it will drop to about 6 mbps and it runs good for about 13 seconds. I just don't get it
    the network is pumping out the juice needed. I need help because my wife likes to play her games in our room and id like to sit in there with her and play on the surface. any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

kurtiskrohn, Jan 10, 2017
  2. Adrian B.
    Adrian B. Guest
    Xbox streaming issues

Same here. Got Gigabit Lan. Streaming works very nice with Forza Horizon 3 (downloaded from store) but stutters and laggs with Fifa 18 and Forza 7 (both disc version). Also i can set quality to low and still it stutters and laggs with those games. My PC
    sits directly 1m near the xbox one s both connected to same gigabit switch.

Adrian B., Jan 10, 2017
  3. PrimoFuSion
    PrimoFuSion Guest
    Streaming from Laptop

Check out TVersity, that seems to work well for me when streaming films.

PrimoFuSion, Jan 10, 2017
  4. kurtiskrohn
    kurtiskrohn Guest

update...I put my surface right next to the damn router and its still glitchy. Is the xbox game streaming just broken? I don't remember it being this bad.

kurtiskrohn, Jan 10, 2017
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: