cannot see childs gamertag in xbox settings to allow online gaming

Discus and support cannot see childs gamertag in xbox settings to allow online gaming in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; cannot see childs gamertag in xbox.com settings to allow online gaming. I can see mine but not the two i have created through the official route.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OttoHallam, Apr 19, 2020.

1. OttoHallam
    OttoHallam Guest

cannot see childs gamertag in xbox.com settings to allow online gaming.

I can see mine but not the two i have created through the official route.

Please help.

:)

OttoHallam, Apr 19, 2020
  2. z01id Win User

Can't create or join party, error code 0x80190193

Go to Settings, Account and Privacy & Online Safety. There, on the right hand side, you will see either View Details or View Details & Customize. Click on it and you will see a list of different aspects of Xbox Live. Find Join Multiplayer Games and check
    if it's Allowed or Blocked. If it's Blocked and you cannot change it, then it's a child account. You have to sign in with a parental account (the parental account would've been created at the same time as the child account), go to Settings, Account and Family.
    There, select the child's gamertag, then Privacy & Online Safety, View Details & Customize and allow online gaming.
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Can’t join friends in certain games

Hello DEANNE Jackson,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, the child account cannot join online or multiplayer games due to an error. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

As per your description, the child account wants to join the game and there is a prompt to change the online and privacy settings of the child account to be able to play online and multiplayer games. To change the online and privacy settings of the child account, the parent or organizer of Xbox Family settings app must sign in the account.xbox.com/settings and click on child profile to make changes. The child can only see the settings. The option to join multiplayer games must set to allow. See the steps and screenshot below: Note: highlighted in yellow must be set to allow.

• Log in to https://account.xbox.com/settings with the parent’s Microsoft account.
    • Click the child account's profile.
    • In the navigation tabs, click Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety
    • Select Allow for You can create and join clubs, and You can join multiplayer games.
    • Then click Submit
    To enable chat for people not on the child's friends list:

In the table header:

1. Click Privacy
    2. Select Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites.
    3. Select Friends or Everyone then click Submit.

[​IMG]

For reference, see:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. andersonpassos Win User

How do I make it so my child can stream on Xbox series s when hes old enough but it says it will be disabled

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

If your child's Xbox Series S account is set up as a child account, there are a few steps you can take to allow your child to stream on the console when they are old enough.

Make sure that your child's account is linked to a parent account. If it is not already linked, you can link the child account to a parent account by going to "Settings" > "Account" > "Family" on the console, and then following the prompts to link the accounts.

Once the child account is linked to a parent account, the parent can change the privacy and online safety settings for the child account by going to "Settings" > "Account" > "Family" > "Manage family members" > [child's name] > "Privacy & online safety".

Under the "Privacy & online safety" settings, the parent can change the settings for "Online safety" and "Broadcasting". For example, the parent can allow the child to participate in multiplayer gaming and share content online, or allow the child to stream content.

If the parent account is not able to change the settings for the child account, it may be because the child account is set up as a "Younger child" account. In this case, the parent will need to request that the child's account be converted to a "Child" account. This can be done by going to "Settings" > "Account" > "Family" > "Manage family members" > [child's name] > "Change to a child account".

I hope this information helps you allow your child to stream on the Xbox Series S.
  5. Peter R Fleming Win User

xbox live gold just purchased, but family member can't use it so far

The GOLD tag will only show up on the profile that has brought the subscription.

By default children cannot play online, you will need to change your child's Privacy and Online safety settings, the easiest way to do this is by setting up a Family Group here (if you haven't already) https://account.microsoft.com/family/ then
    go to https://account.xbox.com/settings and select your child's Gamertag then press Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety Join multiplayer games is enabled.

Also, you may not know there is a brand new Family Settings app for Android and IOS within the app you can:

• Set communication limits and allow online multiplayer in each child’s Xbox profile
    • Gain insight into your family’s Xbox gaming activity with daily and weekly activity reports
    • Set console screen time for your children
    • Block or unblock content including particular games and apps and set age rating
    • Stay on top of incoming friend requests
    • Manage privacy and online safety setting for each child
    • And much more!
    You can find out more and download the app here https://www.xbox.com/apps/family-settings-app

If that doesn't work please remove the account with the gold subscription from the Xbox then add it again.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Pur-MaturityRatingsDenialUserNotinFamily

Hello Lenny=best,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. An adult account will need to be tied to the child account through a family in order to regulate the

child account settings
    . Once the settings are updated for the child account, the child account should be able to redeem the prepaid code for the game. The article entitled

how to add a child to a family account
    contains information on how to set up a family. Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

1. cannot see childs gamertag in xbox settings to allow online gaming - Similar Threads - cannot childs gamertag

2. Cannot see child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot see child account: Hello, I have added a child account to mine but cannot see them listed. When I login to their account I can see me as the organiser. I have tried adding manually but it says they are in...
  3. I cannot share Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox One Console for my Child

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot share Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox One Console for my Child: Hello everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with a Game Pass Ultimate issue on our family Xbox One console. Here's the situation: I have an Xbox One with my main...
  4. Cannot Stream Xbox for Child and play on my account via PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Stream Xbox for Child and play on my account via PC: I have GP Ultimate and 2 XBOXs. I set my son's XBOX to be the Home Xbox so that he can play my games without me actually being there. He streams his XBOX to the XBOX App on Android and fires up...
  5. Cannot remove child from Microsoft Family group

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot remove child from Microsoft Family group: I have two accounts because Microsoft still has no option to merge accounts one for Xbox and one for everything else. When logging my kid into their Xbox and giving consent it somehow swapped them...
  6. I cannot add money to my child's account. Why?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot add money to my child's account. Why?: I used to be able to add money to my child's account on my Xbox family app. Now I have tried for many days and it says they are experiencing trouble with my transaction and I cannot add the money....
  7. I cannot find out who the family organizer is of my child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot find out who the family organizer is of my child account: I receive this error message when accessing google chrome: Ask for permission You'll need to ask, but I cannot find out who the family organizer is of my child account...
  8. Child cannot access Minecraft multiplayer even though we have allowed it in the settings

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Child cannot access Minecraft multiplayer even though we have allowed it in the settings: We have spent hours going through every step recommended, we've downloaded the xbox family app, we've set everything to "allowed" via my parental account, we've restarted his computer, we've...
  9. Cannot add child account to family Safety Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot add child account to family Safety Account: I started with xbox support, then was passed off to microsoft support who then pawned me off on this community support page. Absolute trash. I'm trying to add a child to my family safety account...
  10. Cannot play multilayer because of child settings at a young age , am 14 now and trying to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cannot play multilayer because of child settings at a young age , am 14 now and trying to...: At a child I was set to no multiplayer, I am 14 now but the parent account is unactive, I cannot reactivate the parent account.how do I turn off multiplayer settings as a child account so I can...