Cannot screen record using gamebar

Discus and support Cannot screen record using gamebar in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm using gamebar to record a tutorial for work. We have windows 11 and everything is up to date. When I try to record it says "Gaming features not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AngieW21, Jun 15, 2023.

1. AngieW21
    AngieW21 Guest

I'm using gamebar to record a tutorial for work. We have windows 11 and everything is up to date. When I try to record it says "Gaming features not available for the Windows desktop or File explorer". I made sure xbox was enabled as well. Any ideas?

:)

AngieW21, Jun 15, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Unless your 'work' is a very small business, most large companies would have imposed a number of system lockouts and restrictions on their business machines, which would include 'gaming' and 'Xbox' features.

You need to speak to your I.T department.

It is important to note that you also need the correct hardware to record, not just software.

Also, Game Bar is not best suited to recording tutorials as it can only record one app at a time, not the entire desktop.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

xbox game bar captured video doesn't show application's icon

Use OBS to record and set as display capture, gamebar will only capture application window and it ignores a lot of overlays, CAD apparently loves to draw elements onto overlay which some screen recorders ignore or cannot record. OBS will capture most but will also miss some.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Game Bar Multiple Monitors

gamebar only records the main screen,
  5. JohnRamey Win User

win 10 game bar captures gaming ok but to capture desktop it does audio with black screen - how to fix

Gamebar on my pc will record steam gaming and youtube but will not record crave tv, netflix or tsn(audio with black screen).
  6. XBF Meryem R Win User

Unale to find the screen recordings of Xbox

Thema:

1. Cannot screen record using gamebar - Similar Threads - Cannot screen record

2. My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...: I cannot play any games cus my xbox goes fullly black after starting it it is ig called the screen of death or sum all it says is welcome then goes dim. Help. 112872b3-9401-437b-bc00-910087e4b0bd
  3. I cannot play Dishonored definitive edition, the game is stuck on loading screen infinitely

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play Dishonored definitive edition, the game is stuck on loading screen infinitely: Hello, I am a new game pass member, I wanted to play Dishonored game series but I strictly cannot play the game as it is stuck in an infinite loading screen. Never have experienced such problem...
  4. Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save?: Howdy. For the record I am playing from a pristine Fallout 3 Disc#2(to run the DLC on Xbox One) and have had very little issue over the years(for a Bethesda game lol) Saving in Raven Rock in...
  5. Alpha Ring Cannot start Rocket League - Stays stuck after 1st screen

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Ring Cannot start Rocket League - Stays stuck after 1st screen: Hey I have not been able to get Rocket League to work. Everything I have tried did not work. All that happens is stays stuck on the first screen after it asks you to press A. My NAT is Open....
  6. Cannot use remote play on my PC or iPhone. Get a black screen for about 1 minute and then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot use remote play on my PC or iPhone. Get a black screen for about 1 minute and then...: Hi, Please could you let me know if there is a fix to this? I have seen the following forum:...
  7. Infinite loading screen, cannot sign in.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Infinite loading screen, cannot sign in.: Whenever I open the new minecraft launcher, I click "sign in with microsoft account" (because that's the account I have) and then it shows the loading screen with the blue and yellow cubes, but...
  8. Xbox cannot record the screen with error code 0x82323007

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox cannot record the screen with error code 0x82323007: I used Xbox game bar with no problem last week, but maybe because of cancelled defragment like 3-4 days ago, it cannot record screen with error code 0x82323007. I have tried many ways (repair,...
  9. XBOX Game Bar cannot record the screen (neither in game nor desktop)

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Game Bar cannot record the screen (neither in game nor desktop): I also added exceptions for the games in my Windows Security settings and I installed the Windows Media Pack. adfc6a43-4f58-480d-9e2d-482ebdf3f1ab
  10. Why i cannot record my screen??????? What is wrong with this??????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why i cannot record my screen??????? What is wrong with this??????: I cannot record what I am playing. when it goes to the tenth second, the recording will stop and my whole screen will flash between my original picture and all-black. It happens on my new device...