Cannot run star field from Xbox game pass PC

Discus and support Cannot run star field from Xbox game pass PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot run starfield from xbox game pass PC. The notification related to graphic card not match with minimum requirements occur. But I think my PC... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by พุฒิพงศ์อุ่ยตระกูล, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Cannot run star field from Xbox game pass PC

I cannot run starfield from xbox game pass PC. The notification related to graphic card not match with minimum requirements occur.

But I think my PC spec is Ok.

Acer nitro 5 series

Win 11

Intel Core i5 gen 11th H

Nvidia RTX 3060

External SSD (drive :\D) : NvMe 512 gb M.2 (200gb spce left after install)

:)

พุฒิพงศ์อุ่ยตระกูล, Sep 11, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Make sure that your GPU is being used and not the one on the chip.

Go to Windows settings, go to system and the. power and put it on high performance, this should force it to the GPU
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello พุฒิพงศ์อุ่ยตระกูล,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are having issue launching the game through your Xbox app on your Windows PC. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

For the game to run smoothly in Windows PC, make sure that it meets with the system requirement establish by the game developer support team, See the minimum and recommended requirements below: See also: System Requirements - PC - Starfield - Bethesda Support

[table][tr]MinimumRecommended[/tr][tr][td]
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, Intel Core i7-6800K
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700, NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 125 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: SSD Required(Solid-state Drive)
    [/td][td]
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, Intel i5-10600K
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 125 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: SSD Required(Solid-state Drive)
    [/td][/tr][/table]

To help you fix the issue with your graphic error, here are the troubleshooting steps that we can perform:

1. Make sure Windows is up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • Select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available including optional updates for your device.
    • Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    2. Update your Windows and device drivers.

> For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

To check for latest driver updates check from the link below and download it.

3. Make sure Xbox app is up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there is any updates available for the Xbox app. If an update is available, select Update.
    4. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

5. Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try to install the game again.

For your reference, see: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

5. CarTzy Win User

I have an active account in the Game Pass service, yet the Star Field game is still not working. What is the reason and solution?

Hello Mohammed PC,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having trouble playing Star Field with your Game Pass subscription. To help you resolve this issue, I need some more information from you.

-Could you please tell me what error message or code you see when you try to launch the game?

-Also, could you please confirm that your Game Pass subscription is still valid and that you have downloaded the game from the official Xbox store?

One reason could be that your Game Pass subscription has expired or is not valid for Star Field. To check this, please go to your Microsoft account page and verify that your Game Pass is active and includes Star Field in the list of games. If not, you may need to renew your subscription or upgrade to a different plan.

Another reason could be that your Windows PC does not meet the minimum system requirements for Star Field. To check this, please go to the game's store page and compare the specifications with your PC's hardware. If your PC does not meet the requirements, you may need to upgrade your PC or lower the game's settings.

A third reason could be that there is a problem with the game's installation or update. To check this, please go to your Xbox app on your PC and make sure that Star Field is fully downloaded and updated. If not, you may need to resume or restart the download or update. If it is, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Please also perform troubleshooting for unable to launch a game on this link: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  6. Luis Gomez7 Win User

Starfield Save Games Missing/Lost (then restored) - GamePass SF Save Games location?

I was playing Star Field on Game pass and purchased the game. It was glitchy so I erased the game and installed the purchased copy and it erased my game info. Is there a y way to recover my old game info from the gamepass version?
Thema:

1. Cannot run star field from Xbox game pass PC - Similar Threads - Cannot run star

2. I cannot run specific games

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot run specific games: Anytime I try to run a game, it crashes immediately. most will throw up their start up menu then crash right after. Error message: The server...
  3. Cannot install or run gamepass games across 4 different devices.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install or run gamepass games across 4 different devices.: Hi I have an 2 PCs, an Xbox One X, and just today have bought and Xbox Series X. I am having seemingly related problems across all devices. On both the xboxes the Microsoft store app takes a...
  4. I cannot move freely or run.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot move freely or run.: When I load into Insurgency Sandstorm, I move at snails pace and cannot run. When I ADS it sticks and it sticks when I fire. There are no problems with the console running other games and there is...
  5. Cannot get Halo Infinite to run on my PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot get Halo Infinite to run on my PC.: Specs are as follows 7900xtx 1000w psu 10gen i7 32gb ram 4tb of space between 4 drvies. I cannot get halo to launch at all. it does the inital start up with the Xbox Game Studios Logo and...
  6. Windows cannot acess the specified device, path or file when trying to run my game pass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows cannot acess the specified device, path or file when trying to run my game pass games: Hello, whenever I try to launch any game pass games, I get the error stated in the title. I have tried reinstalling gaming services, changing permision, but I cannot change xboxgames file from...
  7. Microsoft flight simulator digital copy, cannot run, cannot uninstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator digital copy, cannot run, cannot uninstall: It started with an update to my NVIDIA drivers. Once I updated that I could not get my multi monitor setup back. In the process of trying, I have no idea what happened, but the msfs icon vanished....
  8. Cannot run hearts of iron on PC after getting it through gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot run hearts of iron on PC after getting it through gamepass: After trying to run it through the xbox app I get the message in the attatched image, even though i've verified that this file is where it says it isn't and the message still came up after trying...
  9. Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...: Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device error) As of about 3 months ago, I am no longer able to run any games on PC Game Pass. I have an active...
  10. Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...: Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device error) As of about 3 months ago, I am no longer able to run any games on PC Game Pass. I have an active...