Cannot right click mouse and move character (wasd) at the same time in videogames.

Discus and support Cannot right click mouse and move character (wasd) at the same time in videogames. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having a problem where I cannot run and gun in some of my favorite videogames such as Fallout New Vegas and Halo MCC. It's weird that I can't shoot... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HudsonHaylor, Nov 13, 2021.

1. HudsonHaylor
    HudsonHaylor Guest

Cannot right click mouse and move character (wasd) at the same time in videogames.

I'm having a problem where I cannot run and gun in some of my favorite videogames such as Fallout New Vegas and Halo MCC. It's weird that I can't shoot and move at the same time, and often makes fighting harder to do in these videogames. I've looked everywhere and tried everything and nothing seems to work. Please help.

:)

HudsonHaylor, Nov 13, 2021
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hi HudsonHaylor,

We hope you're doing well.

Do you still have problems? Let us know by replying to this thread.

Yours truly,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Hi HudsonHaylor,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that using the mouse and WASD keys on keyboard is necessary for your character to move in a videogame. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

We believe that you have tried to troubleshoot this issue however it was not fixed. May we know if you have checked this support links for basic troubleshooting?

Using a mouse and keyboard with Xbox

Troubleshoot gameplay, performance, and stability issues on a Windows device

I know your keyboard will work but did you encounter any issue with WASD keys lately if used on Notepad or browser or other apps? How about the mouse, will did you encounter any issues if you are not on the game?

Is your keyboard and mouse being part of computer package? Are you using different brands of keyboard or mouse?

Suggested Troubleshooting:

Keep your Windows device and Xbox app updated.

Check Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard / Mouse Advance settings and see if there is something you can adjust.

Visit every game and check preference or settings regarding keyboard and mouse control on game.

Contact Publisher of the game if you encounter issue with the preference or settings for the keyboard and mouse to play the game.

Lastly, contact your device manufacturer to seek assistance.

Please, do not forget to check here for known issues that might be related to your concern.

Xbox Status

Known Issues for Game Launches

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding of our description by sending us a reply.

We look forward to your response. If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. CND AAA Beef Win User

Who Would Play on Keyboard & Mouse

Controller: Poorer aiming but better movement. You can move your left stick in all 360 degrees. WASD can only move in eight directions, without touching the mouse. Better for air vehicle control. One stick controls the rudder and pitch, while the other handles
    roll.

Mouse/Keyboard: Much better aiming, remapable control scheme. Better for land vehicle control. Handling the hover vehicles in Battlezone would have been a lot harder with the controller than with the mouse and keyboard.
  5. RobertoGoose Win User

Xbox not recognising a keyboard and mouse as a second controller in fortnite

i had them both plugged in at the same time and alternated it just made wichever i used(clicked a on the controller or moved the mouse)made it player one
  6. Steve Marlow Win User

Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

Extraction 6 is the game but I don't believe the game is the issue.

The game allows scope aiming using the left bumper while moving, but it doesn't allow scope aiming with the right mouse button while moving.

I bet if I map that left bumper to the right mouse click it will solve it.
Thema:

1. Cannot right click mouse and move character (wasd) at the same time in videogames. - Similar Threads - Cannot right click

2. Cannot start MSFS, crashes right after “press any button”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot start MSFS, crashes right after “press any button”: I’ve re-installed the game, I’ve reset the Xbox, I change screen settings to 1080p. I don’t know what else to do. af6b57a9-0679-4870-8973-fc62bf4b5d29
  3. "You cannot login right now. Your Microsoft account doesn't contain information about First...

in XBoX Accessibility
    "You cannot login right now. Your Microsoft account doesn't contain information about First...: I just copied the question that someone had a while ago, because I have the exact same issue, but I don't have any spaces that could be deleted in my first name or my surname, so this "solution"...
  4. Remote Playing showing "cannot connect right now, try again later" message

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Playing showing "cannot connect right now, try again later" message: I've checked both the Xbox and controller for updates, and neither need one, the Xbox app has been updated, remote play is active and the connection had no issues (same with internet) and its on...
  5. Cannot redeem a georestricted code even though i am in the right country

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot redeem a georestricted code even though i am in the right country: Hello everyone, I have searched everywhere for an answer, but was unable to find anything. I recently bought The Witcher via cdkeys. The website mentioned the code was for Argentina, meaning I...
  6. FORZA HORİZON 4 Cannot connect to the game server right now due to network problems. Error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FORZA HORİZON 4 Cannot connect to the game server right now due to network problems. Error...: Hello, I bought it on steam 5 days ago. Although my internet is normal, I cannot participate in races.There is no problem with my internet I have been encountering this error for the last two...
  7. cannot hear from headsetm also a mute icon top right corner of TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    cannot hear from headsetm also a mute icon top right corner of TV: My son has 2 headsets that he cannot hear from when he connects them to the controllers. Also there is a mute icon on the top right corner of the home screen on XBox One. I tried buying a new...
  8. Cannot move left or right in settings on Xbox.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot move left or right in settings on Xbox.: No matter how many times I click RB or LB, the cursor doesn't move at all in settings. Yet for some reason it moves swiftly when I click them in the Microsoft Store. Help?...
  9. Edge says "We cannot connect to the service right now Try again in a little while. ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Edge says "We cannot connect to the service right now Try again in a little while. ...: It's been like this for two days. Also can't access OneDrive. After this Edge message comes up, it will say "To browse web, go Home and sign in". I am signed in, have restarted, logged out and...
  10. Profiles cannot be downloaded right now

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profiles cannot be downloaded right now: Im trying to play fallout new vegas on my xbox one with an xbox 360 disc (its backwards compactible) but when i turn it on it says i have to download my profile so i try to but then a no internet...