Cannot reset display :(

Discus and support Cannot reset display :( in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello xbox community, so recently my xbox stopped working on my tv since I had it connected to a monitor which supported 1080i, now my xbox worked... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by war4ever3, Dec 21, 2014.

1. war4ever3
    war4ever3 Guest

Hello xbox community,

so recently my xbox stopped working on my tv since I had it connected to a monitor which supported 1080i, now my xbox worked before on my tv but whatever I try it just wont show any image on my television, it just stays on the blue screen and doesn't show
    anything. (I use hdmi) now I think the only way to fix this is by reseting the display stuff but for some reason my xbox refuses. I tried putting it off and on with the guide button on wireless controller and then when it starts hold y+rt and then I hold it
    for like 1 minute but it doesn't restart and I dont know what to do right now.

:)

war4ever3, Dec 21, 2014
  2. King Tones
    King Tones Guest
    Resetting Display Settings ?

Its about 6 years old now I think.

Have no idea how I would update the FW as its not Internet Enabled or have any USB Ports.

King Tones, Dec 21, 2014
  3. King Tones
    King Tones Guest
    Resetting Display Settings ?

I dont know thats why I was asking, everything else plugged into the TV displays correctly, 360, Android Media Box, Apple TV, PC but the X1 displays as above.

It wasnt an issue on my TV downstairs the 46" but its an issue on my 32" in the games room. I have checked the aspect ratio but makes no difference.
    Its an Panasonic LCD

King Tones, Dec 21, 2014
  4. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest

Hi, try powering the xbox off, then press and hold the power button for 10 seconds and the power light will flash several times, this only works on the S and E model xbox I believe.

If you still have no joy then try connecting the xbox to another tv, if you get a display using hdmi go to settings/ system/ console settings/ display and disable Display Discovery, connect the xbox to the tv you're having the problem with and give it another
    try.

EggsBoxJuan, Dec 21, 2014
  5. war4ever3
    war4ever3 Guest
    Hey thanks for your reply, I have tried all of the above and my xbox work on every other television, monitor I posses. And the power button thing doesn't work either, so I am kinda clueless

war4ever3, Dec 22, 2014
  6. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    Hello again, this is a common issue with no surefire fix. It's a handshake issue between the xbox and TV. For some reason the two things just aren't communicating with each other.

Try a different hdmi cable, sometimes there can be slight variations in cable quality that can get things working again. Sometimes powering things on in a certain way can also help, try powering the xbox and tv off, disconnect the power cables to both and
    press and hold the power button on the tv for 2 minutes, then press the power button on the xbox several times.

Reconnect the power cables and power on the tv first, then the xbox.

EggsBoxJuan, Oct 31, 2018
  7. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Hello again, this is a common issue with no surefire fix. It's a handshake issue between the xbox and TV. For some reason the two things just aren't communicating with each other.

Try a different hdmi cable, sometimes there can be slight variations in cable quality that can get things working again. Sometimes powering things on in a certain way can also help, try powering the xbox and tv off, disconnect the power cables to both and
    press and hold the power button on the tv for 2 minutes, then press the power button on the xbox several times.

Reconnect the power cables and power on the tv first, then the xbox.
  8. war4ever3 Win User

Hey thanks for your reply, I have tried all of the above and my xbox work on every other television, monitor I posses. And the power button thing doesn't work either, so I am kinda clueless
  9. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Hi, try powering the xbox off, then press and hold the power button for 10 seconds and the power light will flash several times, this only works on the S and E model xbox I believe.

If you still have no joy then try connecting the xbox to another tv, if you get a display using hdmi go to settings/ system/ console settings/ display and disable Display Discovery, connect the xbox to the tv you're having the problem with and give it another
    try.
  10. Ann marieHenderson Win User

Xbox service not working 80C90010

I cannot find the reset console section. In my console settings, there is no option to update or reset just the usual display, audio etc.
  11. AdamKCardenas Win User

Blank Screen. Cannot reset Xbox One display settings.

I attempted to do the Eject/Power button reset again but it has resulted in no changes.
Thema:

1. Cannot reset display :( - Similar Threads - Cannot reset display

2. I cannot sign in to my Xbox account. I have reset my control completely still it takes time...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot sign in to my Xbox account. I have reset my control completely still it takes time...: I cannot sign in to my Xbox account. I have reset my control completely still it takes time in a sign in page and then go back again to home page can anyone sort it...
  3. Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.: My Xbox one has suddenly stopped working. it just loads to a grey screen and then shows me the option to troubleshoot. I have tried every method and it is still not working or even factory...
  4. Hi. My sons had to do a system reset on his Xbox. He knows his gamertag but cannot remember...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi. My sons had to do a system reset on his Xbox. He knows his gamertag but cannot remember...: Hi. My sons had to do a system reset on his Xbox. He knows his gamertag but cannot remember his email. Can you help? Gamertag is XdLeonF1690 c3b3e049-43f0-40a2-ac16-f949eeccea39
  5. Cannot Reset my Password!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Reset my Password!: Hello, My name is Ian Bento and I am having trouble resetting my password. I tried going through the normal steps online to ask to reset my password, and have been denied. I cannot use my...
  6. I cannot find my roblox bill from 2019 in the billing history and I need it to reset the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot find my roblox bill from 2019 in the billing history and I need it to reset the...: So to reset my roblox password I need the bill and order number but it's nowhere to be found I cannot find it and I don't have that roblox account on any other device...
  7. My xbox won't allow me to sign in after a reset because I cannot update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox won't allow me to sign in after a reset because I cannot update: Hello! I tried to fix my xbox one s earlier today as none of my apps were opening or loading. After trying to troubleshoot I only got the 'oops, something went wrong' message with no other...
  8. Xbox Series X stuck on Xbox logo, cannot reset the console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X stuck on Xbox logo, cannot reset the console: I was trying to turn off my Series X, but the dang thing wouldn't turn off properly and just kept blinking. Now, I had to see if the console would properly shut off after I power cycled it,...
  9. I cannot reset my Microsoft password

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot reset my Microsoft password: OK, I created an Xbox live account 10 years ago with an email that is unrecoverable. Microsoft wants me to request a reset password link to my email but the email no longer exists. I filled out...
  10. Blank Screen. Cannot reset Xbox One display settings.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blank Screen. Cannot reset Xbox One display settings.: Story: I disconnected my Xbox One from my home TV, a 720p SANYO. So I tried connecting my Xbox One to a Toshiba that was also only 720p capable. It wouldn't show up. I didn't give u. I performed...