Cannot remove parental lock even though I'm an adult

Discus and support Cannot remove parental lock even though I'm an adult in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, So a few weeks ago I bought Forza Horizon 4 on my PC. When I was playing, I noticed that some features were locked per my "Parental control... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Nithi27, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Nithi27
    Nithi27 Guest

Hi,

So a few weeks ago I bought Forza Horizon 4 on my PC. When I was playing, I noticed that some features were locked per my "Parental control settings" I am over 18 and have been trying to change my parental control settings for a few weeks now. The problem
    is that it requires an adult account to sign in, but my family have never set up a family account and I've never joined any. So now I'm stuck in a loop of trying to change my settings and being sent to the "Change your child's Xbox privacy and online safety
    settings" page.

If anyone knows how to fix this your help will be appreciated

Thank you.

:)

Nithi27, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Puppy Fujo Win User

Your Xbox account uses the Date of birth that is setup on your Microsoft account. Depending on your location you may be able to change that using a credit card verification system. It uses your credit card to verify you date of birth. Please login to your
    Microsoft account to do that at account.microsoft.com Otherwise you will need to contact Support.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Only a parental (adult account) can change the privacy settings for a child account. Your parents should open an adult account and add your child account to it.
  4. Old Adster Win User

Parental Lock Message when trying to customize Paints schemes

I'm fairly sure it is set to adult.

Although I cannot find anywhere either on my Xbox dashboard (Setting option, parental lock option, etc.) or my online account settings, options etc. that states that it is a child or adult account.

I found in the help section, steps on how to promote an account from child to adult but followed the steps and didn't see the promote option.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Hello help help.Xbix 360 gears of war Can't get parental lock off All advice on line appears not as advertised

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

Hi Roger from Wolverhampton,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble removing the parental lock from your Xbox 360. Here are a few steps you can try to remove the parental lock:

Try the default parental lock passcode: The default passcode for Xbox 360 parental lock is "0000" or "1234". Try entering these codes to see if it unlocks the parental control.

Reset your Xbox 360 to factory settings: This will erase all data on your console, including the parental control settings. To do this, go to "System Settings" > "Storage" > "All Devices" > "System Items" > "Hard Drive" > "Reset System Settings".

Remove the parental lock through your Microsoft account: Go to your Microsoft account on a web browser, select "Devices" > "Xbox Consoles" > "Manage" > "Remove Console" to remove the parental lock from your Xbox 360.
  6. THE DEBBS 42 Win User

parental controle help...

Thing is though, I'm 23... Never had a "parent" sign up for me... When I created the account (not even 2 years ago) I was kind of already an adult...
Thema:

1. Cannot remove parental lock even though I'm an adult - Similar Threads - Cannot remove parental

2. Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage: When enabling cloud storage I get this error , “console needs either a hard drive or console memory with 514mb available”. I have over 70gb of storage free though...
  3. I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...: For the last 2 weeks, I have gotten randomly disconnected from my Xbox party yet it does not say disconnected nor connecting, and the issue will happen if I leave my current party to join another....
  4. Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.: Hello. I have an Xbox Elite controller that used to work on my PC but no longer connects. If I try to remove it from the Bluetooth connections tab, I just get "Remove Failed". If I try adding it...
  5. My account won’t show the subscription that is being charged and I cannot remove my card...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account won’t show the subscription that is being charged and I cannot remove my card...: My account is just being annoying and I can’t even find the subscription on the store (Fortnite crew) 40eb0b9e-66cc-48b9-92ea-719b3846dcea
  6. How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...: How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change it and I am the only member in the family app and can't find any setting for it as the internet searches...
  7. Minor is a family organizer and cannot remove him

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minor is a family organizer and cannot remove him: Hi. I’m trying to add my son to my family however I get this error message “You'll need to leave your current family group to join a new one. To leave a group, select Go to family group, find your...
  8. Cannot remove child from Microsoft Family group

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot remove child from Microsoft Family group: I have two accounts because Microsoft still has no option to merge accounts one for Xbox and one for everything else. When logging my kid into their Xbox and giving consent it somehow swapped them...
  9. Account got hijacked, email changed, security information removed. Cannot get access back.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account got hijacked, email changed, security information removed. Cannot get access back.: Hello, i'm chip and i'm in need of some help. Last night i tried to log into my account with my usual email, only for it to show "An account with the specified username could not be found. Try...
  10. Cannot remove my son from a family group

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot remove my son from a family group: Somehow, my son left our Family Group and added himself to another Family Group that he created. I sent him an invite to rejoin our Family Group but he must leave his Family Group first. However,...