Cannot remove child from Microsoft Family group

Discus and support Cannot remove child from Microsoft Family group in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have two accounts because Microsoft still has no option to merge accounts one for Xbox and one for everything else. When logging my kid into their... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DaneQq, Nov 13, 2023.

1. DaneQq
    DaneQq Guest

I have two accounts because Microsoft still has no option to merge accounts one for Xbox and one for everything else. When logging my kid into their Xbox and giving consent it somehow swapped them to the other account and I now have a child stuck under the wrong account and I cannot remove them in order to add them to the new account it asks for consent but there is no way to provide the consent as I am the only adult on the account.

I get the following message when removing them:

"Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for Harlow can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted Harlow consent to remove Harlow from the family group"

I am the only organizer on the account.

The article here is not useful at fixing any of this

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/leave-family-group-or-remove-members-6d806bbb-eb38-a978-10f4-3bbb814ffcc4

:)

DaneQq, Nov 13, 2023
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Left my family group, yet time restrictions still remain.

Hello, DaRealBingoxz. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Are you sure you were properly removed from the family group? If you go to https://family.microsoft.com, does it show you only your account with no other person?

Also, how exactly did you leave your family group? I ask because childs cannot leave their family groups. Only the parents are able to remove consent for the child account, then remove it from the family group.

Waiting for your kind reply.
  3. MarvinaPerez Win User

Adult daughter needs to be removed from my family group - but she's not there

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem, researching on the internet I was able to find that in the forum, the independent advisor Geri M, recommends the following steps for a solution.

It sounds like you are having trouble removing a child from a family group and at the same time you as the organizer.

Let us check this together and resolve it to help your concern.

To remove a child from a family group, you must:

Click Manage my child's profile information and find your family member.

Select Remove consent for this child's account.

Return to the family group.

Click More options below the family member you want to remove from your family group.

Select Remove from family group > Remove.

Only family group organizers can remove family members. Leave the family group or remove members - Microsoft Support.

Information source (credits):
    https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/236c76f7-8cfb-4499-9b6f-676d1238f279

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello DaneQq,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on your description you're having trouble removing your child from the wrong Microsoft Family group. To remove your child from the family group, you will need to sign-in to the Microsoft account that granted consent for your child to join the family group. If you are the only adult on the account, you should be able to remove your child from the family group.

We would like to make sure we understand your concern correctly. Can we confirm if both of your accounts are an organizer of Microsoft Family?

Since you are getting this error message, you may need to access the Microsoft Family site on an InPrivate window or different browser. Please check if both are organizer and from what account your child/children were invited and added.

If you're still unable to remove your child from the family group, please let me know the answer to our question above.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Child account can see parent account, but the parent account can't see the child.

Hi Jared,

Unfortunately, you may need to set up the family group again if the group is not properly displaying online from your mother's account. This is an odd issue I have never seen before. The child account cannot remove themselves from a family group and needs
    to be removed by an adult in the family group, so this may be somewhat difficult to achieve if the parent account is not displaying the child account.

Do you have an Xbox One console by any chance to see if you guys can manage the family group from there?

Let us know if you have a console to see if it's the same.
Thema:

1. Cannot remove child from Microsoft Family group - Similar Threads - Cannot remove child

2. I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...: For the last 2 weeks, I have gotten randomly disconnected from my Xbox party yet it does not say disconnected nor connecting, and the issue will happen if I leave my current party to join another....
  3. I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT: I've been trying to add my debit card to purhcase Minecraft for 5 days, and it didn't work for every second. I've already contacted my BCA Bank from WhatsApp, and they say the Bank might try to...
  4. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  5. Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.: Hello. I have an Xbox Elite controller that used to work on my PC but no longer connects. If I try to remove it from the Bluetooth connections tab, I just get "Remove Failed". If I try adding it...
  6. My account won’t show the subscription that is being charged and I cannot remove my card...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account won’t show the subscription that is being charged and I cannot remove my card...: My account is just being annoying and I can’t even find the subscription on the store (Fortnite crew) 40eb0b9e-66cc-48b9-92ea-719b3846dcea
  7. How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...: How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change it and I am the only member in the family app and can't find any setting for it as the internet searches...
  8. Minor is a family organizer and cannot remove him

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minor is a family organizer and cannot remove him: Hi. I’m trying to add my son to my family however I get this error message “You'll need to leave your current family group to join a new one. To leave a group, select Go to family group, find your...
  9. Account got hijacked, email changed, security information removed. Cannot get access back.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account got hijacked, email changed, security information removed. Cannot get access back.: Hello, i'm chip and i'm in need of some help. Last night i tried to log into my account with my usual email, only for it to show "An account with the specified username could not be found. Try...
  10. Cannot remove my son from a family group

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot remove my son from a family group: Somehow, my son left our Family Group and added himself to another Family Group that he created. I sent him an invite to rejoin our Family Group but he must leave his Family Group first. However,...