Cannot play Halo Reach or other Xbox 360 games offline on Xbox One.

Discus and support Cannot play Halo Reach or other Xbox 360 games offline on Xbox One. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I insert my Halo Reach disc, but it comes up with Install. But the Game is already installed with latest update, so I go to Games & Apps and try to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by st4554, Dec 29, 2016.

1. st4554
    st4554 Guest

I insert my Halo Reach disc, but it comes up with Install. But the Game is already installed with latest update, so I go to Games & Apps and try to load it there, but comes up with a error message about not being connected to the internet.

But I could play the game offline before, so what's changed, as every other 360 game I own, won't load unless they can access the internet?

:)

st4554, Dec 29, 2016
  2. Tbkseadawg
    Tbkseadawg Guest
    Halo

I purchased an Xbox one, believing that Halo thru Halo 4 were backwards compatible. It turns out you cannot play offline coop with split screen. I finished Halo 4 on my 360 and just tried to play Halo and or Halo 2. I am unable to as it says I need to connect
    an external hard drive. I have no games currently on my HD. Help

Tbkseadawg, Dec 29, 2016
  3. Jonatan854
    Jonatan854 Guest
    Cannot connect to friends on Xbox Live while playing an Xbox 360 game on an Xbox One

I can't join my friends or host a joinable game on Xbox Live when playing Halo Reach (an Xbox 360 title) on my Xbox One. Would appreciate any ideas on how to fix this.

There is nothing wrong with my connection, my NAT is Open, and I am able to chat with my friends through a party in Xbox Live, but I cannot join them and they cannot join me in-game. As soon as we try switching to another (Xbox One) game we are able to join
    each other.

I haven't got any other multiplayer Xbox 360 titles, but I assume the problem is related to Halo Reach being an Xbox 360 title which I am playing on an Xbox One. Strangely, my friends do not have the same problem (also playing on an Xbox One, they are able
    to join each other), but their profiles have all previously played the game online on an Xbox 360. I don't know if that is somehow relevant.

I've tried various fixes with no luck so far.

Jonatan854, Dec 29, 2016
  4. Cannot play Halo Reach or other Xbox 360 games offline on Xbox One.

Hey there steven4554316,

It's possible the game needs an update before it can be played again, which is why it's asking you to connect to Xbox Live. Also do you have your console in Offline Mode? You can take your console offline by going to Settings and then Network Settings.

Mister Mascot, Dec 30, 2016
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: