Cannot play any Halo MCC games

Discus and support Cannot play any Halo MCC games in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So here's the run down. I recently downloaded Halo MCC through the Xbox (beta) app on my Windows 10 PC through the Game Pass. When I launched the game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TheEkion, Jul 29, 2020.

1. TheEkion
    TheEkion Guest

So here's the run down. I recently downloaded Halo MCC through the Xbox (beta) app on my Windows 10 PC through the Game Pass. When I launched the game it loaded fine. But when I go to play any of the Halo games in any mode, this window pops up.

Cannot play any Halo MCC games [​IMG]

Yes or No. I click Yes. It proceeds to open a new Window for Microsoft asking me to sign in. So I sign in and then it tells me this.

When I first ran into this problem the first thing I attempted in fixing the issue was by updating Windows. After updating and restarting the PC I ran into a new issue. When launching Xbox (beta), the option for Halo MCC had an orange warning sign by it
    saying the game couldn't install as if it wasn't installed already (I don't have a screenshot of this because this was days ago). This is when I decided to talk live with a member of Microsoft for some assistance. All she did was tell me the things I've already
    tried. I found out that I could still launch the game even with the error on Xbox (beta) by simply launching the game through the start menu. But the same problem was still there. So I decided to leave it be and i'll attempt to fix it another time.

That leads to today. I decided to just reinstall the game, the last thing I wanted to do because it's a 89 GB game and it would take half of the day just for it to be done. Today when it was finished, I launched the game hoping that might have fixed me issue.......
    it didn't. So here I am lost. Begging to just play some forge with some friends and no access to any of the games.

Also I don't know if this will have to do with anything but when I go to the download manager in-game, all of the Halo games are "greyed out" with a lock on it. Below is the screenshot of that.

Hopefully someone here has an idea as of what's going on and can help me with ACTUAL intelligence. Please do not waste you time telling me simple little things that could fix it. I need legitimate explanations and support. Thank You for any help!

:)

TheEkion, Jul 29, 2020
  2. BstiFntsti Win User

I think i solved it, if you change the langauge to your local language in the game, i can finally play them!

im from germany, and i wish i could play it in english...

Changing the language to germany fixed my problem!

Maybe if I set my PC language to english it helps...

EDIT: Switching the game language abck and forth did the trick! It then downloaded the required langage packs automatically. FINALLY :)
  3. [Farscape] Win User

Make sure your console is set for EN_US and try uninstalling the game. Then reinstall it and see if it will download properly.

I assume you console has adequate available storage. If not consider installing a 2TB hard disk in it to improve on the game capacity. Recently Samsung offered an 8TB SSD but it is very expensive.
    they are on about windows pc not console.
  4. Hardcore Games™ Win User

Make sure your console is set for EN_US and try uninstalling the game. Then reinstall it and see if it will download properly.

I assume you console has adequate available storage. If not consider installing a 2TB hard disk in it to improve on the game capacity. Recently Samsung offered an 8TB SSD but it is very expensive.
  5. BstiFntsti Win User

I have the same issue. What brought me a little closer (but still not able to play any of the games unfortunately) is when I visit the online Microsoft Store and select for example Halo 3: I can then download a 10 mb file in ony my microsoft store app which
    should "unlock" the game. But still it doens´t work... maybe this brings someone closer or even fixes it for them!
  6. Di5coDonk3y Win User

Halo Finally Fixed

So is Halo mcc any good? Im thinking of getting an XB1 and I loved the halo games on 360, but all I hear about halo mcc is that it's broke!

is it broke or is it now just randomly playing up? is single player effected?
Thema:

1. Cannot play any Halo MCC games - Similar Threads - Cannot play Halo

2. Halo MCC - cannot play Halo reach campaign

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC - cannot play Halo reach campaign: I am getting really fed up of you now, Microsoft. I have been playing this game since its release. Bought the original Reach, bought MCC, have bought every single halo game in the franchise and...
  3. Cannot play Halo 3 even though its already installed, it says I need the Halo 3 dlc but its...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot play Halo 3 even though its already installed, it says I need the Halo 3 dlc but its...: cant play even though its already installed, it says I need the Halo 3 dlc but its already in my library and downloaded ): 795b6eaa-73a7-4b3a-a582-b4cf7cf1d38c
  4. Cannot play Halo: MCC due to sign-in error

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot play Halo: MCC due to sign-in error: When launching Halo: MCC through the Xbox (beta) app, I get a sign in screen just like every other game, but it doesn't let me sign in, instead showing an error that says "Your account doesn't...
  5. Halo Wars 2 Installation stopped error for nearly 3 months now. Still cannot play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Wars 2 Installation stopped error for nearly 3 months now. Still cannot play: For nearly 3 months now, since awakening the nightmare dlc came out for halo wars 2, many people including me have had installation stopped errors when trying to install the game. I have done...
  6. Cannot play my copy of Halo wars 2.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot play my copy of Halo wars 2.: I purchase Halo wars 2 Ultimate edition back on February 15th or 16th and am trying to play it on my laptop. I was able to download and install it just fine but everytime I attempt to launch the...
  7. Cannot play Halo Reach or other Xbox 360 games offline on Xbox One.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot play Halo Reach or other Xbox 360 games offline on Xbox One.: I insert my Halo Reach disc, but it comes up with Install. But the Game is already installed with latest update, so I go to Games & Apps and try to load it there, but comes up with a error message...
  8. Cannot Play Halo Wars

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Play Halo Wars: I'm not sure what is going on. Halo Wars showed in my download queue so I selected download as well as all the other games. Every game installed and downloaded except that. Next I try putting the...
  9. XBOX ONE CONTROLLERS DRIFTING UP. SO BAD CANNOT PLAY HALO OR ANY FIRST PERSON SHOOTING GAMES.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE CONTROLLERS DRIFTING UP. SO BAD CANNOT PLAY HALO OR ANY FIRST PERSON SHOOTING GAMES.: Xbox controller drifts up horribly. Most games are unplayable with it. Bought this machine when it first came out & payed a lot of money for it was like $500.00. I Play Halo 5 Guardians about 2-8...
  10. i cannot play or join in anything in Halo 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    i cannot play or join in anything in Halo 5: I cannot play the campain. trying to play co-op all is say is waiting join a fireteam in progress. solo matchmaking i can search and find a match but once the match countdown starts i get returned...