Cannot open MS Rewards App, error message 'Update Your Console's location'

Discus and support Cannot open MS Rewards App, error message 'Update Your Console's location' in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; As of today, I cannot load the MS Rewards app. It instead displays the error message. 'Update your console's location Go to System > Settings >... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Ogg_Vordus, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Ogg_Vordus
    Ogg_Vordus Guest

As of today, I cannot load the MS Rewards app. It instead displays the error message.

'Update your console's location

Go to System > Settings > System > Language & Location to match it to your current location.'

This message has been appearing sporadically for several weeks now, since I changed my network provider to a FTTP line. It now appears every time I load the app.

The language and location settings are correct (English, United Kingdom).

Factory resetting the box did nothing.

Resetting the router does nothing.

Unplugging the console, connecting to my phone's WiFi hotspot, and switching the phone to use data works, but at a network speed so slow that it actively freezes the app. It also isn't an acceptable solution long-term.

How would I go about fixing this issue?

:)

Ogg_Vordus, Oct 24, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Ogg_Vordus, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I understand that you are experiencing issues with the MS Rewards app on your Xbox console, receiving the error message “Update your console location.” This problem appears to be common and has been discussed on several forums.

Below I will leave you some solutions;

Check the region of your Microsoft account and your Xbox console: Make sure the region of your Microsoft account and your Xbox console match.

Try another WiFi network: If possible, try using another WiFi network to see if the problem persists.

Mobile data: As a last resort, you can try sharing your phone's mobile data over a WiFi hotspot and connecting your console that way.

Use a VPN; If you say that this happened after you changed your internet provider, it is likely that using a good VPN and changing your location can solve the problem.

Best regards.
  3. Ogg_Vordus Win User

For the record, I have elevated this issue to MS Support. Seems that's the only thing you can do right now.
  4. Ogg_Vordus Win User

As per the original message, most of these solutions already have not solved the issue, and physically unplugging the system tethering to the phone three times per week is absolutely impractical.

Wouldn't usage of a VPN to change location be a breach of the MS Rewards TOS?
  5. napalm 31337 Win User

Update your console’s location

Hello, since this morning I can no longer launch the Microsoft Rewards app. I have a message saying Update your console's location.

My console and app are updated. What is strange is that it works when I put my console in French (I'm French). I prefer to play in English so I put my console at United State and it doesn't work anymore.
    The solution to your issue is in what you wrote: if you are French, living in France, internet connection have a french IP, and all your profile is French, if you put your console in English/United States, when you start the Microsoft Rewards App, the app
    find that your rewards profile is French based.

For that reason the error say to "update your console location" because you moved away from French/France.

Put back the console to French language, France state.

As a workaround you can access the Microsoft Rewards site from PC or Smartphone.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Update console's location when opening MS-Rewards xbox app

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello JMR, you say that your location is in spain, but your Rewards account belongs to another region, if yes, it is advisable not to use VPN`s to do the challenges, this goes against the terms of use of Rewards.
Thema:

1. Cannot open MS Rewards App, error message 'Update Your Console's location' - Similar Threads - Cannot open Rewards

2. Cannot login to battle(dot)net while Game Bar is open

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot login to battle(dot)net while Game Bar is open: Hi guys, just to inform, not to discuss. When I start my XBox Game Bar, which is linked to Battle(dot)net, it starts Battle(dot)net automatically. Guess that's how it should be. But: I cannot...
  3. Problem: cannot download from Microsoft store or open Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem: cannot download from Microsoft store or open Xbox app: I was trying to reinstall some games back onto my computer (I had uninstalled them about 3 months ago). I was going to redownload them from the Microsoft store. When I clicked install, the install...
  4. I cannot open an xbox elite 2 controller repair order

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot open an xbox elite 2 controller repair order: Hi all. My xbox elite 2 controller has a bumper issue, and I concluded that it needs to be sent in for repair. I'm trying to get a repair order setup, but when i select my address and click...
  5. roblox cannot be opened

in XBoX on Windows
    roblox cannot be opened: i dont like the **** error ,roblox error say the application enocuntered an unrecoverable error,and microsoft store roblox is so bad 8aa14225-574a-4f1c-ac90-a15961cdb0ca
  6. Why cannot I not open solitaire collection

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cannot I not open solitaire collection: Why cannot I not open solitaire collection since latest update on iPad with iOS 12.5.7 c30940ba-8edc-4058-872b-7e971d7b89a0
  7. I recently bought xbox game pass and it expired and now I cannot open minecraft because I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently bought xbox game pass and it expired and now I cannot open minecraft because I...: Hello, I bought minecraft xbox 1 edition a couple years ago, and was given a new version of minecraft because of that. Now I recently bought the xbox game pass and cancelled it, and now it is...
  8. Installed games not showing in library anymore and cannot be opened through start menu...

in XboX Insiders
    Installed games not showing in library anymore and cannot be opened through start menu...: -Xbox app had a problem and after reinstalling gaming service I can't see my installed games -If I search the store for the game it says "install" instead of "play" -The correct installation...
  9. Xbox error "windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox error "windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games": Hello sir, i can't play games at xbox windows and get notification error : Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the...
  10. Cannot open Options on Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot open Options on Forza Horizon 5: Hello, I am still waiting for your response, in re Horizon 5 on an Xbox one.. I cannot open my settings/accessibility feature, at all. This is despite watching many videos and reading about...