Cannot navigate Game Bar on Windows with Controller

Discus and support Cannot navigate Game Bar on Windows with Controller in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been having difficulty using Game Bar with my Xbox1 controller (via the wireless USB receiver) recently. I can open and close the Game Bar with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sn4keFighter, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Sn4keFighter
    Sn4keFighter Guest

I've been having difficulty using Game Bar with my Xbox1 controller (via the wireless USB receiver) recently. I can open and close the Game Bar with the guide button, but other button presses (including D-pad) do not work. Using the game bar with the mouse works fine, and the controller battery icon is displayed.

I have already repaired and reset the Game Bar app from the Settings app, to no good effect.

Edit to add: the controller works fine in games.

I'm running Windows 11 22H2.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks

Charlie

:)

Sn4keFighter, Jan 30, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Sn4keFighter, I don't know if you've tried any procedure on your PC, if you haven't tried it, follow the procedure below.

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

CHKDSK

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

The system will ask you if you want to run CHKDSK after restarting the system, press Y on your keyboard and then type "Exit" and restart the computer, it will scan in DOS mode.
  3. Sn4keFighter Win User

Thanks, Georges.

I ran the procedures above, and my issue persists. Some errors were fixed, though, so worth doing anyway, I suppose!

Any other ideas?

Cheers

Charlie
  4. Andre for Directly Win User

Windows 10 Xbox Game DVR Background Recording picking up all computer audio regardless of settings

Hi HibbleJibble

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Turn the Game Bar on or off in Windows 10:

1. Navigate to the Xbox app within Windows 10.

2. Select Settings and then Game DVR.

3. Turn ‘Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR’ to off.

Turn the Game Bar on or off in Windows 10 using the registry:

1. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR.

2. Change the AppCaptureEnabled DWORD value to 0 to turn it off. Change it to 1 to turn it back on.

3. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore.

4. Change the GameDVR_Enabled DWORD value to 0 to turn it off. Change it to 1 to turn it back on.

To remove the Game Bar altogether:

If you would like to remove the Xbox app altogether, try this.

1. Open a Windows PowerShell as an administrator.

2. Type or paste Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

3. Let the process complete.

Let us know how it turns out.

Get Xbox Game Bar - Microsoft Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-bar...
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Lost Xbox Controller

You can download the app on your phone, and that will act as a controller for the purposes of navigating the Xbox, but you cannot play games without a controller
  6. Andre for Directly Win User

Xbox game bar records as a black screen

Hi Trust9011

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Turn the Game Bar on or off in Windows 10:

1. Navigate to the Xbox app within Windows 10.

2. Select Settings and then Game DVR.

3. Turn ëRecord game clips and screenshots using Game DVRí to off.

Turn the Game Bar on or off in Windows 10 using the registry:

1. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR.

2. Change the AppCaptureEnabled DWORD value to 0 to turn it off. Change it to 1 to turn it back on.

3. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore.

4. Change the GameDVR_Enabled DWORD value to 0 to turn it off. Change it to 1 to turn it back on.

To remove the Game Bar altogether:

If you would like to remove the Xbox app altogether, try this.

1. Open a Windows PowerShell as an administrator.

2. Type or paste Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

3. Let the process complete.

Reinstall Gamebar

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-bar...

Let us know how it turns out.
Thema:

1. Cannot navigate Game Bar on Windows with Controller - Similar Threads - Cannot navigate Game

2. Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage: When enabling cloud storage I get this error , “console needs either a hard drive or console memory with 514mb available”. I have over 70gb of storage free though...
  3. I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...: For the last 2 weeks, I have gotten randomly disconnected from my Xbox party yet it does not say disconnected nor connecting, and the issue will happen if I leave my current party to join another....
  4. I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT: I've been trying to add my debit card to purhcase Minecraft for 5 days, and it didn't work for every second. I've already contacted my BCA Bank from WhatsApp, and they say the Bank might try to...
  5. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  6. I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.: I've tried and verified that it isn't a hardware issue by seeing if they work on a different computer and used 2 pairs of headphones. It started randomly when I plugged my headset in and my...
  7. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  8. me and my boyfriend cannot log into our microsoft accounts for minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    me and my boyfriend cannot log into our microsoft accounts for minecraft: me and my boyfriend have been trying to log into Minecraft for a while now with no success. we are linking to psn, we get the qr code we enter our information. sometimes it partly logs us in but...
  9. I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite: I can’t hear anybody or talk on Fortnite d757a28c-e81c-40a4-a0de-2f804b61df31
  10. For some reason i cannot log into xbox live while playing asphalt 9

in XBoX on Consoles
    For some reason i cannot log into xbox live while playing asphalt 9: It's really odd and annoying. I tried to start the game multiple times, no effect. b876c8e4-474e-4548-b6fa-508a33081dcc