Cannot move Forza Horizon 5 install folder

Discus and support Cannot move Forza Horizon 5 install folder in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am unable to move the game Forza Horizon 5 to another drive with sufficient space. The other drive has enough space and is set as the default... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by theManager3, Jun 30, 2022.

1. theManager3
    theManager3 Guest

I am unable to move the game Forza Horizon 5 to another drive with sufficient space. The other drive has enough space and is set as the default installation drive for the Xbox app and games have already installed there. Other games have moved automatically, but FH5, even when I manually attempt to do so does not provide me with an option to move it anywhere besides the drive it is already on.

I am trying to move it from an HDD to an SSD.

The game is fully updated, so is the Xbox app, and so is my Windows 10 Pro.

:)

theManager3, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

I'm not really sure now, but a few weeks/months later the game would show an error when trying to be moved.

If it is not letting you move it to another drive, I'd suggest you to try to uninstall it and then install directly on the drive you want.
  3. theManager3 Win User

Thank you, I guess I'll try that. Wanted to avoid having to redownload everything.
  4. theManager3 Win User

How can I find out if this is a case of the Developer not allowing the game be moved or a problem with the app? As I understand, the feature that allows games to be moved is new. The game allows moving its install folder, but it is only giving the option of moving inside the drive it is currently on.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, theManager3. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Forza Horizon is installed on a drive and you want to move it to another drive, is that correct?

Some game developers don't allow their games to be moved. You would need to uninstall and install it again on the desired folder/drive.

Did you try to do that?
  6. David Wirsching Win User

Forza horizon 5 on drive D

Hello LatestJan, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Ok, if you are planning to reinstall Windows 11 and want to keep the Forza Horizon 5 installation on your D drive without having to download it again, there is an approach you can try. Be sure to back up your important files before making any changes to your system.

Back up the game installation folder Go to the location where Forza Horizon 5 is installed on your D drive and copy the entire game folder to a safe place. Typically, the default installation location for Microsoft Store games is "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps". Locate the Forza Horizon 5 installation folder within that location.

Perform the reinstallation of Windows 11 Follow the process to reinstall Windows 11 on your computer as you normally do. This will format your C drive and reinstall the operating system.

Once you have completed the reinstallation of Windows 11, go to the location where the Forza Horizon 5 installation folder was on your D drive and check if the folder is still present. In some cases, reinstalling Windows may have deleted the game installation folder.

If the Forza Horizon 5 installation folder is deleted during Windows reinstallation, you can copy the backup folder you made in step 1 back to the original location on your D drive.

Verify the integrity of the game After restoring the game installation folder, launch the Xbox or Microsoft Store app and verify the integrity of the game. This will allow the application to detect existing game files and perform any necessary repairs or updates.

Best regards.
Thema:

1. Cannot move Forza Horizon 5 install folder - Similar Threads - Cannot move Forza

2. I cannot move freely or run.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot move freely or run.: When I load into Insurgency Sandstorm, I move at snails pace and cannot run. When I ADS it sticks and it sticks when I fire. There are no problems with the console running other games and there is...
  3. Cannot move game to another drive, advanced management options not available and when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot move game to another drive, advanced management options not available and when...: Looked everywhere to solve this issue; " Cannot move game to another drive, advanced management options not available. When selecting different drive, it automatically reverts back to my boot...
  4. The Long Dark(漫漫长夜)In Windows10 system, the Angle of view cannot move smoothly under XboxApp

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Long Dark(漫漫长夜)In Windows10 system, the Angle of view cannot move smoothly under XboxApp: After opening the game, in window mode, the cursor moves out of the window and the camera cannot be moved. It's the same problem in full screen mode. The manifestation is that the camera will...
  5. Child account cannot move to new region and account will be locked soon

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account cannot move to new region and account will be locked soon: I recently moved with my young son from UK to Australia. I was able to change my Country / Region via https://account.microsoft.com/profile and migrate my Xbox profile via...
  6. Cannot right click mouse and move character (wasd) at the same time in videogames.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot right click mouse and move character (wasd) at the same time in videogames.: I'm having a problem where I cannot run and gun in some of my favorite videogames such as Fallout New Vegas and Halo MCC. It's weird that I can't shoot and move at the same time, and often makes...
  7. Unable to redeem Game Pass code and cannot move Xbox account region.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to redeem Game Pass code and cannot move Xbox account region.: Hello, I am trying to redeem an Xbox Game Pass ultimate code, and I've tried on both Xbox and PC but I keep getting the following error: Change your Microsoft Store regionThe region in which you...
  8. Cannot move on from the start menu on sunset overdrive gamepass PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot move on from the start menu on sunset overdrive gamepass PC: I've seen this issue pop up a lot over various forums and have found no actual solution. Whenever I start up the game it takes me to a general menu screen as expected : [img] When i press the...
  9. Cannot move left or right in settings on Xbox.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot move left or right in settings on Xbox.: No matter how many times I click RB or LB, the cursor doesn't move at all in settings. Yet for some reason it moves swiftly when I click them in the Microsoft Store. Help?...
  10. Cannot move stacks of card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot move stacks of card: Spider on September 4, 2017 Playing on a Win 10 Enterprise machine Cannot move a stack of cards. 0d362e71-6b9a-4780-8eb3-2af8277970ad