Cannot make purchases through Xbox Live

Discus and support Cannot make purchases through Xbox Live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Picked up an XBox 360 last week. Works fine. Set up Xbox live profile that worked fine as well. I purchased a gold membership via the internet rather... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RobilarOCN, Sep 18, 2016.

1. RobilarOCN
    RobilarOCN Guest

Picked up an XBox 360 last week. Works fine. Set up Xbox live profile that worked fine as well. I purchased a gold membership via the internet rather than through the console as it was not working via the device. That now shows up in the console.

I have other microsoft products and have a fully completed profile with payment info, country info and full name entered. However whenever I try to purchase anything through the console, it asks that I add a payment method. Given my payment data is already
    tied to my MS account not sure why needed again.

Anyhow, trying to add my credit card. However there is no option for province (I am in Canada) or postal code. I checked the settings and it is set for canada, went back and checked my MS profile multiple times, every field is set up correctly (also I was
    able to purchase gold membership without issue so my payment info is accurate).

Cannot find a solution to this.

Tried calling MS, apparently a waste of time. Tried the chat function, logged in and the name fields are greyed out and cannot be selected. I read the numerous "locked" threads here about it and double and triple checked my account profile data, my name
    is entered perfectly.

So I cannot add payment info because apparently Canada does not exist to microsoft, cannot go into online chat for support because my name does not exist...

Why did I buy an XBox instead of a playstation again?

Any help would be appreciated before this device goes back to bestbuy. Thanks

:)

RobilarOCN, Sep 18, 2016
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Game Pass payment

The currency on your account cannot be used to purchase subscriptions through Live.

Smwutches, Sep 18, 2016
  3. Cannot make purchases through the avatar marketplace- xbox one

I meant to add that i can purchases games

Kawlypso on One, Sep 18, 2016
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

this kinda sounds like a region mismatch issue. To be sure, what country is shown in the Countr/Region field in the second column on this link:
    live.xbox.com/.../BillingAccountInformation

If it shows a different country then it should, you will have to Migrate the account to a different region.

Another thing to check, does the Gamertag on the console show the same gamertag as on xbox.com?

Regarding the name fields being blank, that usually is sorted by filling out the details at http"://account.microsoft.com (this may take a couple of hours to process though)

Let us know the results

5. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

this kinda sounds like a region mismatch issue. To be sure, what country is shown in the Countr/Region field in the second column on this link:
    live.xbox.com/.../BillingAccountInformation

If it shows a different country then it should, you will have to Migrate the account to a different region.

Another thing to check, does the Gamertag on the console show the same gamertag as on xbox.com?

Regarding the name fields being blank, that usually is sorted by filling out the details at http"://account.microsoft.com (this may take a couple of hours to process though)

Let us know the results
  6. Smwutches Win User

Game Pass payment

The currency on your account cannot be used to purchase subscriptions through Live.
  7. I Jonessyy I Win User

season pass transfer

sorry you cannot license transfer season pass through 2 xbox live accounts as the season pass once purchased on 1 xbox live account will be locked always to that account.
  8. Kawlypso on One Win User

Cannot make purchases through the avatar marketplace- xbox one

I meant to add that i can purchases games
  9. Ecorca Win User

Cannot make any purchases on Xbox Live

Yes I have checked the address, it is correct.

I also waited a week or more, incase it might correct itself. But no, I just tried again and the same error is appearing.
Thema:

1. Cannot make purchases through Xbox Live - Similar Threads - Cannot purchases through

2. Cannot use gift card for minecoins purchased through GameStop. How can I redeem?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot use gift card for minecoins purchased through GameStop. How can I redeem?: I bought a Minecraft minecoins gift card through GameStop. When I try to redeem the code, it says it’s either already redeemed or invalid. I called GameStop who advised I reach out here. I am...
  3. I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing card from Best Buy and entering it in my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing card from Best Buy and entering it in my...: I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing a 12 month card at Best Buy I sent all card information to my email address. Please help. I spent over an hour yesterday with a representative and...
  4. I Purchased NBA 2k23 in a recent Microsoft digital sale, but cannot access My career...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Purchased NBA 2k23 in a recent Microsoft digital sale, but cannot access My career...: I Purchased NBA 2k23 in a recent Microsoft digital sale, but cannot access My career mode... "We are preparing to launch a new season of NBA 2k23, check back shortly". Have i have been robbed of...
  5. I purchased the vault edition upgrade for my MW3 cross gen digital edition and now i cannot...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased the vault edition upgrade for my MW3 cross gen digital edition and now i cannot...: I installed all of the vault edition upgrades then it said the file was corrupted and to reinstall which I did. then it said the file had corrupted the game itself and that needed to be...
  6. I purchased the Vault Edition digitally, but I cannot see any of the content in game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased the Vault Edition digitally, but I cannot see any of the content in game: So I purchased a hard copy of MW3 and after the fact, purchased from the microsoft store on my console (Xbox Series X) the Vault Edition. It installed, and I can see it in my game files on my...
  7. Cannot purchase Minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot purchase Minecraft: Things I tried - Different accounts - Different credit cards - Different browsers including incognito mode - Tried having my friend buy it for me in different region - Going to a different IP...
  8. Ghosts is not in my library anymore I cannot install it I purchased it around july

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ghosts is not in my library anymore I cannot install it I purchased it around july: So I was gonna hop on ghosts trynna have some fun in tdm then all of the sudden it says “to play this you’ll need to buy it” and I don’t know why so I decided to try it again still didn’t work so...
  9. I have a Xbox 360 and cannot access my Purchase History on the Console. I get a Can't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a Xbox 360 and cannot access my Purchase History on the Console. I get a Can't...: I have a Xbox 360 and cannot access my Purchase History on the Console. I get a Can't connect to website constantly. How can I get this issue resolved. This has been going on for a while now...
  10. I cannot find the Minecraft DLC I purchased in Minecraft. I checked everywhere else and I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot find the Minecraft DLC I purchased in Minecraft. I checked everywhere else and I...: I just bought the Minecraft TMNT DLC from the Xbox store that just released, and it shows that I purchased it when I search it up. But I cant find it anywhere else. When I open Minecraft it doesnt...