Cannot make a purchase of Minecraft Java Edition for my child

Discus and support Cannot make a purchase of Minecraft Java Edition for my child in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've read this answer and I'm having a similar issue.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AntonTyupin, Apr 17, 2023.

1. AntonTyupin
    AntonTyupin Guest

Hello, I've read this answer and I'm having a similar issue.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...er to allow for,limits in Family Safety guide.

I have done everything as described. However I still cannot make a purchase. I keep getting this note:

Microsoft has suspended all new sales of products and services in this location.

and a link to the article: Microsoft suspends new sales in Russia.

Now then. We have left Russia almost a year ago and are living in Serbia. I made all the updates to my profile and my child's profile a long time ago. I changed the location to Serbia and I even added our Serbian mobile phone numbers. But Microsoft still believes that we are still in Russia. What else can I do in this situation?

This is one problem. Another one is that it is not even a button to "buy" Java edition only. It is only sold with the Bedrock edition.

So, the fact is that I own Minecraft Java Edition and if I log into my own account I can play it, but my child can only play a demo version. Can this be fixed somehow? This is such a mess...

:)

AntonTyupin, Apr 17, 2023
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Minecraft: Java Edition change login email

In the case of Minecraft Java, you will need to purchase Minecraft on your son's account, unfortunately.

"If you are purchasing Minecraft: Java Edition for a child, the child must have their own Minecraft account. And to make the purchase, you must sign in to their account to do so; games cannot be transferred between accounts."

For more information, please refer to:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/36...

Now, since you purchased it on a Mojang account, maybe they can open an exception for you or give you a discount on the second purchase for your son. You can try to contact their official support:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
  3. XIPARKYXI Win User

Minecraft version windows10 how to change to java edition

Hi,

I mistakenly purchased for my child the minecraft's windows 10 version and I would to know if its possible to change to Minecraft's Java edition version.

thanks very much for helping me.
    Windows 10 minecraft and java edition are both two different types of Editions unfortunately you would have to buy the java edition on the minecraft website.
  4. AntonTyupin Win User

Well, I did contact support, and it was a very long correspondence. Afterall they have added my son to my family group once again and removed all the "Russian" restrictions. So now when I am in his account I can make purchases again. And when I try to buy Minecraft it tells me that I already own it! But after that there's still only the DEMO version available to him. What a pain!
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hi AntonTyupin,

Welcome to Microsoft Community forum.

Since your information has been update and still having issues after following the thread suggest. We recommend that you speak with our live support. Due to the complexity of the issue, it’s best to work with them as they have the necessary tools to further diagnose the issue and provide you with a timely resolution.

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team.

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support Or Contact Microsoft Store Support - Microsoft Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  6. XBF John Win User

Minecraft account

Okay so you cannot purchase Java through Microsoft. You can only purchase (for now) Java edition through Mojang.com as is described here: How to Purchase Minecraft: Java Edition. Microsoft only sells the Windows 10 edition in our online stores and apps.

Do you have the confirmation email for your purchase of Java edition? (Do not post here, only confirm or deny).

Thanks,

Thema:

1. Cannot make a purchase of Minecraft Java Edition for my child - Similar Threads - Cannot purchase Minecraft

2. I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT: I've been trying to add my debit card to purhcase Minecraft for 5 days, and it didn't work for every second. I've already contacted my BCA Bank from WhatsApp, and they say the Bank might try to...
  3. Cannot use gift card for minecoins purchased through GameStop. How can I redeem?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot use gift card for minecoins purchased through GameStop. How can I redeem?: I bought a Minecraft minecoins gift card through GameStop. When I try to redeem the code, it says it’s either already redeemed or invalid. I called GameStop who advised I reach out here. I am...
  4. I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing card from Best Buy and entering it in my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing card from Best Buy and entering it in my...: I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing a 12 month card at Best Buy I sent all card information to my email address. Please help. I spent over an hour yesterday with a representative and...
  5. I Purchased NBA 2k23 in a recent Microsoft digital sale, but cannot access My career...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Purchased NBA 2k23 in a recent Microsoft digital sale, but cannot access My career...: I Purchased NBA 2k23 in a recent Microsoft digital sale, but cannot access My career mode... "We are preparing to launch a new season of NBA 2k23, check back shortly". Have i have been robbed of...
  6. I purchased the vault edition upgrade for my MW3 cross gen digital edition and now i cannot...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased the vault edition upgrade for my MW3 cross gen digital edition and now i cannot...: I installed all of the vault edition upgrades then it said the file was corrupted and to reinstall which I did. then it said the file had corrupted the game itself and that needed to be...
  7. I purchased the Vault Edition digitally, but I cannot see any of the content in game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased the Vault Edition digitally, but I cannot see any of the content in game: So I purchased a hard copy of MW3 and after the fact, purchased from the microsoft store on my console (Xbox Series X) the Vault Edition. It installed, and I can see it in my game files on my...
  8. Cannot purchase Minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot purchase Minecraft: Things I tried - Different accounts - Different credit cards - Different browsers including incognito mode - Tried having my friend buy it for me in different region - Going to a different IP...
  9. Ghosts is not in my library anymore I cannot install it I purchased it around july

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ghosts is not in my library anymore I cannot install it I purchased it around july: So I was gonna hop on ghosts trynna have some fun in tdm then all of the sudden it says “to play this you’ll need to buy it” and I don’t know why so I decided to try it again still didn’t work so...
  10. I cannot find the Minecraft DLC I purchased in Minecraft. I checked everywhere else and I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot find the Minecraft DLC I purchased in Minecraft. I checked everywhere else and I...: I just bought the Minecraft TMNT DLC from the Xbox store that just released, and it shows that I purchased it when I search it up. But I cant find it anywhere else. When I open Minecraft it doesnt...