Cannot Login to Xbox App - Error Code 0x409 0x8007007E

Discus and support Cannot Login to Xbox App - Error Code 0x409 0x8007007E in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; For around a year, I have been unable to login to the Xbox App (or Xbox App Beta) on my Lenovo laptop. This is what happens every time I try to login:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by PeaceMG, Feb 14, 2019.

1. PeaceMG
    PeaceMG Guest

For around a year, I have been unable to login to the Xbox App (or Xbox App Beta) on my Lenovo laptop. This is what happens every time I try to login:

• App automatically opens 'Welcome Back' login window when app is launched
    • Window prompts me to login to my Xbox account (which is the same as the Microsoft account on my computer)
    • Upon clicking the 'Let's Play' button, the Welcome Back login window closes immediately, sending me back to the main Xbox App window with a Sign-In button
    • The error reads: "We can't sign in you right now. Try again later. (0x409) 0x800700E"
    • Clicking the "Need Help?" text refreshes the app, which re-opens the 'Welcome Back' window
    • Clicking the "Not You?" text in the upper left corner of the 'Welcome Back' window returns me to the main Xbox App window with the Sign-In button, but no error code. Signing in from this route throws me the same error as signing in from the initial
      'Welcome Back' window

This error occurred after I attempted to log out of my main Xbox account to log into an alternate account on my Xbox App. I was never able to login to the alternate account as I'm still not able to log back into my main account.

I have also tried numerous fixes for other 0x409 errors that I have found through similar forum posts. These posts were for not for the 0x8007007E error specifically, but I could not find any other posts regarding that specific error through my many
    searches.

• Resetting the app through the App Settings page has not fixed the problem
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling through Powershell has not fixed the problem
    • Checking and unchecking Xbox related boxes in MSConfig has not resolved the issue
    • Enabling, disabling, and changing settings in services. msc from Disabled to Manual (or from Auto to Manual) has not fixed the problem
    • Switching to a local account instead of my synced account has not fixed the problem
    • Re-logging into my MS account on this PC due to a password change did not workaround the issue

Windows Store App troubleshooting also yielded no results, and through this process, I noticed that I am completely unable from logging out of the Microsoft Store on this PC.

• Clicking on my account does not pull up 'Account' window that would allow me to sign out.
    • Clicking on "Add School or Work Account" causes the Microsoft Store to crash
    • Resetting the Microsoft Store app through Apps and Features did not fix the inability to log out

This error is limited to this Lenovo PC, as my Windows booted MacBook Air both logs into the Xbox App AND will pull up the 'Account' window on the Microsoft Store to enable me to log out.

So, I guess the question is: Is there any way for me to fix this error code without factory resetting my PC? I've thrown everything but the kitchen sink at the issue and still haven't found a workaround.

:)

PeaceMG, Feb 14, 2019
  2. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Marek,

We understand that you're experiencing login issues with the Xbox app on a Windows PC.

Please attempt to follow our fix problems signing into the Xbox app support article for direct
    assistance with any login error experienced on a PC.

Try this and let us know the results.

Best wishes!
  3. Marek Masar Win User

Hi Diego,

I haven't trie the Beta, but tried the other proposed as follows:

- I tried to log in the Xbox app for mobile (on android phone): log-in successful

- I tried to log in the Xbox app on another computer: log-in successful

- I tried to create another local test user on my computer and the log in to the Xbox app: log-in successful, surpisingly

Considering the above mentioned, I decided to:

- switch my online account (aka Microsoft account) to local account

- I logged out from any MS apps using my MS account (OneDrive, OneNote, Skype) and make sure these will not start, when I start Windows again

- restarted the computer

- logged in with local account

- reset Xbox app to the factory settings

- restarted the computer

- logged in with local account

- started the Xbox app - the behavior of the app was the same as the attempt I made on another computer or while using another local account, until I pressed the "Let's play" button

- The issue is back: Log in window of the Xbox app error code: "0x80070520"

Followed by status in main Xbox app: "It is not possible to log you in at the moment. Please try again later": 0x404

Based on above observed, I would guess, there is some kind of issue with wrongly stored identification (or sort of) of my local account and my online account, resulting in failing to sign in the Xbox app.

Any hints on how to repair this?

Thanks
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Marek,

Have you tried the Xbox App Beta on PC or tried logging into the Xbox App for mobile?

Have you tried to login to the same account on the Xbox App on a different PC to isolate the issue?
  5. Marek Masar Win User

Hi Diego

I'm experiencing quite the same issues as PeaceMG over last 6 months, but the error code is 0x80070520 in my case.

Once I log in to the Xbox Live App on my PC and hit the "Let's play" button, it is followed by
    "We can't sign in you right now. Try again later. 0x80070520" error message.

I also followed recommendations as mentioned by PeaceMG as well as yours (clean boot) without any success.

While I attempt to log in via web portals, I face no issues, but the Xbox App simply won't let me use (play) games, I paid for.

Thanks for any hints in advance
  6. Marek Masar Win User

Hi Javier

The link you shared is well known to me as it was the fist set of steps I tried to use to fix my issue couple of months ago.

Yet I give it another try with each of the steps without any success.

Once I hit the "Let's play" button I getting the same error:

"0x80070520":

[​IMG]

This error code is not documented in the error code database unfortunately.

Any other hints?

Thanks
Thema:

1. Cannot Login to Xbox App - Error Code 0x409 0x8007007E - Similar Threads - Cannot Login App

2. Xbox app - Microsoft games cannot be started - login problem.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app - Microsoft games cannot be started - login problem.: I was playing the new Forza Motorsport when it crashed. After this crash, no Microsoft games (specifically forza, starfield, minecraft) can be launched, while other games (no man sky, disney,...
  3. Cannot change login account on Xbox App

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot change login account on Xbox App: When I am trying to sign in to a different account on the Xbox app, and I click the button "Not you? Sign in with a different account", the app does not take me to a page to input my new login...
  4. I cannot login to the Microsoft store or Xbox app on Windows 11.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot login to the Microsoft store or Xbox app on Windows 11.: I can login to xbox app on a newly created profile but not my old account. 43605285-a770-47a6-acf8-46e6de79dc3d
  5. Cannot change login email on xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot change login email on xbox app: I'm trying to change emails to sign in to the Xbox app on PC and it keeps auto signing in to a different email. never prompts me to be able to change emails to the one i want. Tried signing out of...
  6. cannot login into Xbox live app on pc error 0X80072EE7

in XBoX on Windows
    cannot login into Xbox live app on pc error 0X80072EE7: Hi, I am not abvle to play Flightsimulator 2020 on my windows 10 pc due tot the fact that I cannot login into my Xnbox live account. Shows error 0X80072EE7. pls Help...
  7. I cannot login to Xbox app on PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot login to Xbox app on PC: I cannot sign in the app. I click sign in, it will find my account, i click login. But nothing happened, any error or something. What to do? ba29cf64-22a5-489c-8649-a63dfa562241
  8. Cannot Login to Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Login to Xbox App: Hi, so I recently decided to reinstall the Xbox app on my PC (Windows 10 obvs), and ever since I haven't been able to log in. As soon as I start the app up I get the picture as shown below....
  9. cannot login to xbox app on pc, gives error code 0x80070520

in XBoX on Windows
    cannot login to xbox app on pc, gives error code 0x80070520: cannot login to xbox app on pc, gives error code 0x80070520 I have been able to before, but now no longer....full error message: WE COULDN'T SIGN YOU IN TO XBOX LIVE we can't sign you in to...
  10. Cannot login to get an app - another user on this device uses this Microsoft account so you ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot login to get an app - another user on this device uses this Microsoft account so you ...: Is there a way to obtain apps without logging in? Logging in fails. 8b8c7d7e-b828-4f41-bad8-62d64926fdab

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aka.ms/request xboxrefund