Cannot login to Fortnite with shared xbox live gold.

Discus and support Cannot login to Fortnite with shared xbox live gold. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, My son cannot log into Fortnite using my shared xbox live gold account. The message is "Unable to sign in to your account for xbox live".... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Erik Estrada2, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Cannot login to Fortnite with shared xbox live gold.

Hi,

My son cannot log into Fortnite using my shared xbox live gold account.

The message is "Unable to sign in to your account for xbox live".

Other family members do not have this problem logging into Fortnite on the same xbox device.

The device is setup as the home xbox.

Any advice on how to fix his account is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Erik Estrada

:)

Erik Estrada2, Aug 8, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi Erik, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly remove and re-add the account that is having an issue playing the game to fix the issue.

REMOVE ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. ​​​

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. ​​​

4. When you're finished, select Close. ​​​

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

​​​

ADD ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new. ​​​

3. Enter the Email address and the password.​​​

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept. ​​​

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console.​​​
  3. Erik Estrada2 Win User

Hi Francis,

Thanks for your advice, though they did not help me with my problem.

When that didn't work,, I also performed a full factory reset on the Xbox, wiping everything.

After the reset I followed the setup guide and added my Xbox account (the one with the Xbox gold subscription).

When adding the account I was asked to also add my family which I accepted.

I had to install Fortnite again and, in order to make the scenario for each son the same, I logged in the first time on my own account.

Still, after all this, only one of my sons can log into Fortnite, the other cannot.

My conclusion is that the problem does not exist inside the Xbox but that there is something wrong with his account.

They are both considered my family members and eligible to use my subscription. The problem only happens when trying to log into Fortnite.

Any thoughts on what I can try next?

BR,

Erik
  4. Francia J. Win User

Thank you so much for the detailed information is your other son still getting the same error?

You're correct that the issue can be with his account itself which we will check further.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Thank you for that. In this case, you may need to reach out to Epic games since we have confirmed that other accounts are working on the Xbox as well as we have performed all the necessary steps.
  6. Erik Estrada2 Win User

Yes, one of them always get the same error.

"Unable to sign in to your account for xbox live"

For the other everything works fine.

Br,

Erik
Thema:

1. Cannot login to Fortnite with shared xbox live gold. - Similar Threads - Cannot login Fortnite

2. Cannot login to battle(dot)net while Game Bar is open

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot login to battle(dot)net while Game Bar is open: Hi guys, just to inform, not to discuss. When I start my XBox Game Bar, which is linked to Battle(dot)net, it starts Battle(dot)net automatically. Guess that's how it should be. But: I cannot...
  3. Why cannot I login to my cloud gaming account via TV?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cannot I login to my cloud gaming account via TV?: Since yesterday I cannot login to my Cloud Gaming account via browser (LG C2 smart TV). From any other device it works, but not via TV. The error message is about an issue with my...
  4. Microsoft Flight Simulator PC cannot login on new computer but plays fine on old computer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Flight Simulator PC cannot login on new computer but plays fine on old computer: I purchased MFS from Microsoft store on old PC. Works fine. Bought a new PC and tried to login and MFS does not show up. I have a copy of the digital ownership and it plays fine on old PC but...
  5. Cannot access Microsoft web page after login

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot access Microsoft web page after login: I am able to login to the account on Microsoft homepage but when entering "My Account" page the page performas a refresh repetedly. This makes it ipossible to manage any setting. Here is a...
  6. I cannot login to my xbox 360 live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot login to my xbox 360 live: It always says incorrect passward or username 6b272b4b-e141-4da8-a543-c05be5261c2f
  7. Cannot login

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot login: Cant login in because it wont send me text message code to my phone anymore? 58cda036-1fa8-4de1-bf66-578357291ce4
  8. Xbox services missing and cannot login

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox services missing and cannot login: Hi, i'm having this problem for a couple of months, i can't login in the xbox windows app, everytime i try to login a black popup appears and then disappears automatically, i tried every tutorial...
  9. i cannot access my profile and cannot login to contact support

in XBoX Accessibility
    i cannot access my profile and cannot login to contact support: i can login to my account but when i link to my profile, try to see my subscriptions, or contact customer support it repeatedly asks for my login and will not accept anything. please help...
  10. Xbox app - Microsoft games cannot be started - login problem.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app - Microsoft games cannot be started - login problem.: I was playing the new Forza Motorsport when it crashed. After this crash, no Microsoft games (specifically forza, starfield, minecraft) can be launched, while other games (no man sky, disney,...