Cannot log into xbox live account through steam games

Discus and support Cannot log into xbox live account through steam games in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Unable to get into either Sea of Thieves or Halo Infinite, both of which I have through steam. In the case of Halo Infinite, when launching the game I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Gary Stu, Jul 24, 2023.

1. Gary Stu
    Gary Stu Guest

Unable to get into either Sea of Thieves or Halo Infinite, both of which I have through steam.

In the case of Halo Infinite, when launching the game I "Press Enter to play", the status "Getting profile from platform" comes up, after which I am brought to a sign-in page, after entering my details I'm brought back to the "Getting profile from platform" for a while after which it switches to a standard loading circle. After a minute or so it takes me back to the "Press Enter to play" page without any error or indication of something having gone wrong.

In the case of Sea of thieves I press "Start game" and the status "Signing on for adventure" comes up, I am brought to a sign-in page, after entering my details I'm brought back to the "Signing on for adventure" status. This remains for approximately another minute, after which I get the error "You must be signed into Xbox Live to play Sea of Thieves. Please sign in and try again. (Ashbeard)", from which I'm brought back to the opening screen.

I am able to however access Xbox Live through other applications. The Xbox app itself I am logged into without difficulty and minecraft I am able to log into and launch as usual, so the issue appears limited to my steam apps.

I have already updated my Windows version and drivers to the latest version, reinstalled both Sea of Thieves and Halo Infinite, made sure Xbox services are enabled and on correct settings within services, ensured both are allowed through my firewall, checked that no proxy servers are set in my LAN settings. My internet is reasonably fast and stable, so that should not be the problem either.

:)

Gary Stu, Jul 24, 2023
  2. Farscape247 Win User

Forza Horizon 4 PC won't let me change XBOX logins

as you logged in from steam with the banned account it will now associate that steam account as banned too. you cannot avoid an xbox live ban by logging into an xbox live game via steam with a different account now.

so if you managed to unlink the microsoft account and signed in with another then xbox live will know which steam account it is and will not let you on.
  3. SEN.. Win User

HEY,I have the same situation on froza horizon 4.may i ask your PC setup?because since I upgrade my PC,i cant log in.

here's my PC setup

CPU i5-13500

GPU msi 3060ti suprim

MB pro b760-p wifi ddr4
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

The most likely thing is that the Live account linked to Steam does not match the data, unfortunately the Microsoft account only has social network accounts linked, game accounts such as ubsoft, epic games, psn, are done in reverse, that is, the platform account is linked to the microsoft account, and microsoft does not have access to accounts owned by other companies.

In your case, only the Company that owns the account (epc, ubsoft, sony, etc...) can help in this process since microsoft does not have access to either the process or the information.
  5. LGD9 Win User

Reset your remember details and reset your app data that should help.
  6. THE1KATZ Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Premium Content missing

I am logged in to my Steam Account and MSFS 2020 automatically logs me into my Xbox account.

This same thing is happening here. Originally purchased on Steam, I upgraded from Deluxe to Premium through Xbox not realizing it would not show on Steam. Now I have a Premium on my Xbox only and a Deluxe on Steam. Both tied to Xbox account but in different
    realms!

Thema:

1. Cannot log into xbox live account through steam games - Similar Threads - Cannot log live

2. For some reason i cannot log into xbox live while playing asphalt 9

in XBoX on Consoles
    For some reason i cannot log into xbox live while playing asphalt 9: It's really odd and annoying. I tried to start the game multiple times, no effect. b876c8e4-474e-4548-b6fa-508a33081dcc
  3. Cannot log into Xbox live on Reverse compatible games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot log into Xbox live on Reverse compatible games: saw this same problem for many people on many different threads the past 5 years and here i am having it. I’ve tried ever single solution posted here. Nothing works. Please help...
  4. Cannot log into Microsoft Live or Xbox account using my sons login

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot log into Microsoft Live or Xbox account using my sons login: Hi I'm currently trying to login to my sons Xbox profile. But every time I try to login nothing happens. I enter his mail account and a one time pass key is send to his mail. I use this key and...
  5. cannot log in to xbox live on 360 and backwards compatible games on series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    cannot log in to xbox live on 360 and backwards compatible games on series s: tested with 4 accounts 3 xbox 360s 1 series s backwards compatible games logging in to xbox live on series s is fine with all accounts yesterday everything was perfectly fine, i was able to...
  6. When using backwards compatibility on the Xbox one, I cannot log into Xbox live and get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When using backwards compatibility on the Xbox one, I cannot log into Xbox live and get...: I can sign in fine on my Xbox one and computer. I only get a problem when I try to play a backwards compatible game. I try to download my profile to “Xbox 360 backwards compatibility” part of the...
  7. Cannot log into Xbox live because of two factor authentication. I have an old Xbox live...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot log into Xbox live because of two factor authentication. I have an old Xbox live...: Cannot log into Xbox live because of two factor authentication. I have an old Xbox live account I am trying to sign into, however, the second email on my Microsoft account no longer exists. This...
  8. Cannot log into Live with my Xbox 360. Will Microsoft ever give any information?????

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot log into Live with my Xbox 360. Will Microsoft ever give any information?????: I know this is a widespread issue to Login to Live with a Xbox 360. Will Microsoft ever give us any information of the issue????? 358eedd4-fbd9-4874-9f4e-8096a0ee08c8
  9. Xbox Live keeps singing out of YouTube. As a result I cannot log in to YouTube on the Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live keeps singing out of YouTube. As a result I cannot log in to YouTube on the Xbox...: Xbox Live keeps singing out of YouTube. As a result I cannot log in to YouTube on the Xbox b/c of too many sign in attempts. Power cycle did not repair, uninstall and reinstall did not repair,...
  10. (PC) Cannot log into Xbox Live on Xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    (PC) Cannot log into Xbox Live on Xbox app: Anytime I try and sign into my account, I recieve the following error: We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live The remote procedure call failed. Anyone know how to fix this?...