Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024

Discus and support Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Last week (around March 19th) when I turned on my XBox, I had a message that I needed to perform a system update. I performed that without issue. Since... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Armitige3, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Armitige3
    Armitige3 Guest

Last week (around March 19th) when I turned on my XBox, I had a message that I needed to perform a system update. I performed that without issue. Since then, however, no account can log in. I just get the spinner for several minutes until I receive a message stating that my system needs internet.

Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024 [​IMG]

However, when I check my network connection, everything is perfectly fine:

Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024 [​IMG]

This occurs for every account on my XBox.

I reset my password on my account, and I was able to log into my account, once. On reboot, I was again no longer able to log in.

I have tried:

• resetting my password
    • resetting the MAC address
    • changing networks from wired to wireless
    • using my mobile hotspot to completely change the network the XBox was on
    • clearing the XBox cache
    • completely shutting down the XBox and restarting it

Thanks in advance for any help.

***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Account and profile / Sign-in***

:)

Armitige3, Mar 30, 2024
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Armitige3,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're having trouble logging into your Xbox Series S after the recent system update. Based on the troubleshooting steps you've already taken; it seems like the issue may be related to the update itself. Let us explore other steps that can help resolve the issue.

Here are a few additional steps you can try:

Reset console to factory defaults by keeping apps and games:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info > Reset console.
    • On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options: Select Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your first choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games and apps.

Additionally, we can perform cache clearing. Clearing the cache can help resolve issues caused by corrupted app files. To clear the cache, press and hold the power button on your Xbox for 10 seconds to turn it off. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console and wait for 10 seconds. Plug the power chord back in and turn on the console.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Haneen Nakkour Win User

Why wont it let me launch wwe2k24 even tho i bought the game

Hello Wesley, it looks like this game will be available starting March 8, 2024. I would try to launch the game then. If there is any issue occurring after March 8, I would recommend contacting Xbox support.
  4. IffyKnave264 Win User

Why won't my Xbox Series X record clips anymore?

Have you noticed that problem happening before or after April 10th 2024? I'm on xbox one but I got almost the same issue and it started right after april 10th system update. Before the update everything was recording fine for me. For me resetting the Xbox is not an option because it's the familly's Xbox and I cannot remove others profile
  5. OpticRJames Win User

XBOX game pass ultimate UK region. 2 xbox (one S one X).

Please try logging in first to your account on the Xbox Series X console then log in with the child account. Try launching the game after that and see if it works. If it works and the game has launched successfully, try logging in to your account on the Xbox Series S console.
  6. XBF Meryem R Win User

stop forcing series X game updates and make it an option

Thema:

1. Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024 - Similar Threads - Cannot log account

2. me and my boyfriend cannot log into our microsoft accounts for minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    me and my boyfriend cannot log into our microsoft accounts for minecraft: me and my boyfriend have been trying to log into Minecraft for a while now with no success. we are linking to psn, we get the qr code we enter our information. sometimes it partly logs us in but...
  3. I cannot log into my Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into my Microsoft account: I cannot log into my Microsoft account after logging out of a different one 3972fdb7-6a66-4f8a-b1c4-90f1b1429de8
  4. Cannot log into minecraft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot log into minecraft account: Since microsoft has to be annoying with the customer support and I cannot find an email to send this to, so looks like I have to ask here. I have had issues getting access to my microsoft account...
  5. I Cannot Log in to Microsoft Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Cannot Log in to Microsoft Account: Hi all, I am currently logged in on my Microsoft account to ask this question. I cannot seem to log in to the Microsoft Store app with the same account, nor can I sign in to the Xbox app on my...
  6. I cannot log into my new Minecraft account with my Microsoft account since I put it into...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into my new Minecraft account with my Microsoft account since I put it into...: It seems like my Microsoft account is connected to my old ps4 on Minecraft and the ps4 has been lost, so we replaced it and now that we have a ps5 it seems like we cont log into our Minecraft...
  7. I cannot log into my Minecraft account even though I migrated before the deadline and have...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot log into my Minecraft account even though I migrated before the deadline and have...: (Note: This is about the Java Edition of Minecraft.) I cannot log into my Minecraft account even though I migrated before the deadline and have the cape as proof. I have checked my internet and...
  8. How can I log into an outlook account connected to my Minecraft? I cannot log into my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I log into an outlook account connected to my Minecraft? I cannot log into my...: I have all the answers to my security questions but it will not allow me to reset any password. I don't want to lose my Minecraft account. 9585a127-6e58-447d-b67f-9c8f1d161633
  9. cannot log into minecraft microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    cannot log into minecraft microsoft account: hi everyone, when i try to log into my vanilla minecraft launcher i get the following error code: Error Code: 0x80004005 code: Eroded Badlands. A file that the Windows Product Activation (WPA)...
  10. Cannot log into minecraft.net official website when I try to log in with Microsoft account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot log into minecraft.net official website when I try to log in with Microsoft account.: Hello, I keep getting the following error when trying to log into the official minecraft website with my microsoft account. I already transferred my mojang account over to microsoft. This is the...