Cannot Leave Family Group August 2023

Discus and support Cannot Leave Family Group August 2023 in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am an adult and for some reason I'm part of a family group. I cannot leave the family group, I cannot find the "more options" button anywhere to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Matthew Bhamjee, Aug 19, 2023.

1. Cannot Leave Family Group August 2023

I am an adult and for some reason I'm part of a family group.

I cannot leave the family group, I cannot find the "more options" button anywhere to remove myself from the family group.

Xbox will not let me change my privacy settings because I have a "child account". My account has my correct birth date so it should count me as an adult.

How do I remove myself from the family group so I can change my xbox privacy settings.

:)

Matthew Bhamjee, Aug 19, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Matthew Bhamjee,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are trying to leave from the Microsoft Family group because your account is no longer a child account and wanted to change your privacy settings and is unable to. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

To leave a Microsoft Family group, you can follow these steps:

1. Go to https://account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.

2. Select the "Manage my family" option.

3. Find your name and select "Leave family" next to it.

4. Follow the prompts to confirm that you want to leave the family group.

If this will not work, you can ask from the organizer or parent to remove you from the Microsoft Family group.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Matthew Bhamjee,

Thank you for your prompt response.

It seems that what you have seen is your account that does not have Microsoft Family setup. If you are getting an error that you cannot change your privacy settings due to an error that your account is a child account, it is possible that your account has been added to certain Microsoft Family setup. In this regard, we suggest contacting our live support team because they have the advanced tool to check further details. Follow the steps to do so:

• Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    • Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    • If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    • Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    • Select the "Contact Us" button
    • Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    • The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    • On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    • If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    • Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

We are positive that you’ll get more relevant information and best resolution to your concern.

Sincerely,

4. Matthew Bhamjee Win User

There is no "manage my family option".

This what I see when I followed your link in step one.

Also, clicking on the matthew bear does nothing, and the button with the gear next to the question mark button just reloads the page.

Best regards,

Matthew

[​IMG]
  5. Georges C. Win User

Merging family accounts

Hello again, in order for your daughter to join the same family group as your son and wife, she must first leave the family group she is in.

Leave family group or remove members

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/fo...
  6. Andrew_Kerr17 Win User

Microsoft Family - I Can't leave my own family

I am having the exact same issue. I am an adult, but as I am the only member of the family group I am not allowed to leave it. It prevents me from playing multiplayer Minecraft with my family, and the only way to get out of that is by leaving the family group which I cannot do. Is there a way around this?
Thema:

1. Cannot Leave Family Group August 2023 - Similar Threads - Cannot Leave Family

2. Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage: When enabling cloud storage I get this error , “console needs either a hard drive or console memory with 514mb available”. I have over 70gb of storage free though...
  3. I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...: For the last 2 weeks, I have gotten randomly disconnected from my Xbox party yet it does not say disconnected nor connecting, and the issue will happen if I leave my current party to join another....
  4. I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT: I've been trying to add my debit card to purhcase Minecraft for 5 days, and it didn't work for every second. I've already contacted my BCA Bank from WhatsApp, and they say the Bank might try to...
  5. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  6. I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.: I've tried and verified that it isn't a hardware issue by seeing if they work on a different computer and used 2 pairs of headphones. It started randomly when I plugged my headset in and my...
  7. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  8. me and my boyfriend cannot log into our microsoft accounts for minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    me and my boyfriend cannot log into our microsoft accounts for minecraft: me and my boyfriend have been trying to log into Minecraft for a while now with no success. we are linking to psn, we get the qr code we enter our information. sometimes it partly logs us in but...
  9. I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite: I can’t hear anybody or talk on Fortnite d757a28c-e81c-40a4-a0de-2f804b61df31
  10. For some reason i cannot log into xbox live while playing asphalt 9

in XBoX on Consoles
    For some reason i cannot log into xbox live while playing asphalt 9: It's really odd and annoying. I tried to start the game multiple times, no effect. b876c8e4-474e-4548-b6fa-508a33081dcc