Cannot launch Halo MCC or Gears 5

Discus and support Cannot launch Halo MCC or Gears 5 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When trying to launch the games (Halo Master Chief Collection and Gears 5) from the Xbox App, I get a popup showing 'Unexpected error. (0xC0030004).... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by VVPR1024256, Nov 12, 2021.

1. VVPR1024256
    VVPR1024256 Guest

When trying to launch the games (Halo Master Chief Collection and Gears 5) from the Xbox App, I get a popup showing 'Unexpected error. (0xC0030004). All resources and solutions that I have tried thusfar have not worked.

I have even spoken to two 'experienced/expert gamers' and their solutions did less than help. I have been told to wipe out all the installations and to reinstall the games. I have been advised to repair all the app installations. None of it helped.

This is the second time this year that I have had issues after a major Windows update (first from migrating to Windows 11 insider preview and second when Windows 11 officially launched).

Please help without telling me to 'turn it off and back on again'...

:)

VVPR1024256, Nov 12, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Glad I could help. Have a good one
  3. VVPR1024256 Win User

That would be fine if I can find a way to specifically uninstall EAC. I have gone to the install folder and opened the installers folder, but the EAC installer wont even run.

EAC does not show up in Apps and Features under Settings.

Now I just start the games with EAC disabled. That works.
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I did experience this before. What I did was repair EAC (Easy Anti Cheat), afterwards I restarted my pc and it worked. You can also try uninstalling EAC as well.

Hope this helps
  5. {Parity} Win User

TOP 3 of your favorite games of this generation?

Gears of War 5, Battlefield 5, Halo MCC
  6. julosjc Win User

hi

Me! đź‘‹

Currently playing Halo MCC and gears 5
Thema:

1. Cannot launch Halo MCC or Gears 5 - Similar Threads - Cannot launch Halo

2. Cannot select Cloud as a device option when launching Skate 3.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot select Cloud as a device option when launching Skate 3.: Hi, I’ve tried absolutely EVERYTHING to get this to work, but my main problem is that I can’t select cloud save as an option in “select a device” when launching Skate 3 on my Xbox 360, so I...
  3. Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games

in XboX Insiders
    Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games: . submitted by /u/Evening-Argument3746 [link] [comments]
  4. Cannot launch a game on Xbox PC All error codes here: 0x87E10BD0, 0x800704c7, 0x80070005

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot launch a game on Xbox PC All error codes here: 0x87E10BD0, 0x800704c7, 0x80070005: Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you need it: 0x87E10BD0....
  5. cannot launch PC Xbox app games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot launch PC Xbox app games: I have an active XBox PC pass. PC specs are ok - ryzen 5700X, 32gb ram, Radeon 6900XT... Steam games run with no issues Since beginning of November I cannot launch XBox app games, they were...
  6. How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...: I was playing Fallout 76 a couple hours ago fine on my Xbox one, but now when I try to play it I get this popup. If I press ok it has me put in my password, and then a popup asking me if I want to...
  7. Cannot get Halo Wars 2 to launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot get Halo Wars 2 to launch: I cannot get the launcher to work i have reinstalled the game, reset it and made sure i have the latest drivers and windows version. The game is run through the Windows store and Xbox app neither...
  8. Cannot get Halo Infinite to launch on PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot get Halo Infinite to launch on PC.: Sorry if this has been already asked before, but cannot get Halo Infinite to launch on PC. It seemed fine on Windows 10, but since upgrading to 11 it just shows the me the loading screen for a few...
  9. Halo Infinite Cannot Launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite Cannot Launch: I am trying to play Halo Infinite on my PC. I played the free multiplayer beta on Steam before the full game was released. Yesterday after the full release I uninstalled the game from Steam and...
  10. Cannot launch/download Halo Infinite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot launch/download Halo Infinite: can't even launch the game, and the millions of things i've tried dont work... (keep in mind i played it on launch day) I've tried to open the game since yesterday, when I played it, and it kept...