Cannot launch/download Halo Infinite

Discus and support Cannot launch/download Halo Infinite in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; can't even launch the game, and the millions of things i've tried dont work... (keep in mind i played it on launch day) I've tried to open the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SereBeat, Dec 10, 2021.

1. SereBeat
    SereBeat Guest

can't even launch the game, and the millions of things i've tried dont work...

(keep in mind i played it on launch day) I've tried to open the game since yesterday, when I played it, and it kept on sending me to the gaming services page on the ms store, with no install button

i've tried to go to apps and features to repair/reset BOTH halo infinite and Gaming Services, but all that happened is that halo got uninstalled, and now I can't reinstall it (error 0x80070424)

I've tried to delete it in the registry editor, but i couldn't find gamingservicesnet, only gaming services (which i deleted) and then restarted my pc.

I then tried using powershell to uninstall and reinstall gaming services, but when i try to uninstall it it says

"remove-appxpackage : Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor. Deployment Remove operation with target volume C: on Package Microsoft.GamingServices_3.59.11001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe from: failed with error 0x80070002. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing app deployment issues. At line:1 char:46 + ... AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: Cannot launch/download Halo Infinite :)) [Remove-AppxPackage], COMException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Comman ds.RemoveAppxPackageCommand"

After which, when i go to the gaming services page the install button still isn't there.

I'd really appreciate any help i can get...

:)

SereBeat, Dec 10, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

3. SereBeat Win User

worked until i got to remvoving gaming services- says:

"remove-AppxPackage : Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor.

Deployment Remove operation with target volume C: on Package Microsoft.GamingServices_3.59.11001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe from: failed with error 0x80070002. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing app deployment issues. At line:1 char:42 + get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices|remove-AppxPackage -allusers + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: :)) [Remove-AppxPackage], COMException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Comman ds.RemoveAppxPackageCommand" again
  4. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

1. Open Powershell as ADMIN

2. Type the following command and press the Enter key:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse

4. Wait until the process is finished. It should only take a few seconds to run.

5. Type exit and press the Enter key to exit PowerShell.

Once done, RESTART your PC.

To reinstall the Microsoft store :

Press Windows key + X

Click Windows PowerShell (Admin)

At the command prompt, type the following then hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

5. SereBeat Win User

It's working, thank you so much!
  6. SammyVS Win User

Run PowerShell as admin

2. Type: Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

3. Type: A ("Yes to All")

4. Type: Get-ExecutionPolicy (click enter, and it should say "Unrestricted")

5. Type get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices|remove-AppxPackage -allusers

6. Go to: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/gaming-servic...

7. Install Gaming Services again and then try to install the game.
Thema:

1. Cannot launch/download Halo Infinite - Similar Threads - Cannot launch download

2. Cannot select Cloud as a device option when launching Skate 3.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot select Cloud as a device option when launching Skate 3.: Hi, I’ve tried absolutely EVERYTHING to get this to work, but my main problem is that I can’t select cloud save as an option in “select a device” when launching Skate 3 on my Xbox 360, so I...
  3. Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games

in XboX Insiders
    Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games: . submitted by /u/Evening-Argument3746 [link] [comments]
  4. Cannot launch a game on Xbox PC All error codes here: 0x87E10BD0, 0x800704c7, 0x80070005

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot launch a game on Xbox PC All error codes here: 0x87E10BD0, 0x800704c7, 0x80070005: Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you need it: 0x87E10BD0....
  5. cannot launch PC Xbox app games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot launch PC Xbox app games: I have an active XBox PC pass. PC specs are ok - ryzen 5700X, 32gb ram, Radeon 6900XT... Steam games run with no issues Since beginning of November I cannot launch XBox app games, they were...
  6. How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...: I was playing Fallout 76 a couple hours ago fine on my Xbox one, but now when I try to play it I get this popup. If I press ok it has me put in my password, and then a popup asking me if I want to...
  7. You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is...: You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. I have followed al the safety instructions. I have game pass ultimate. I can not open my online...
  8. I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session..."

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session...": I am attempting to play Fallout 76, I have GP Ultimate, and for the first time I got a message before I was able to sign in that reads, "You cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of...
  9. Cannot download/launch Minecraft for Windows Master Collection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download/launch Minecraft for Windows Master Collection: I have purchased this cassic a few years back, as seen in the screenshot #2. However, when I open the Store to install it on a new PC, there is no option to start the download: only to pick an...
  10. I cannot launch, find or download a game i purchased and have been playing for a few weeks.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot launch, find or download a game i purchased and have been playing for a few weeks.: The game is tes 3 morrowind and it started yesterday when it started saying i dont own it, but i do i checked everything my orders etc and it was purchased on my account 100% i went on the...