Cannot join any clubs because of privacy settings

Discus and support Cannot join any clubs because of privacy settings in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have this issue with Xbox where I can't join any clubs because my privacy settings don't allow me to. But when I head over to my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by LennardBijker, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Cannot join any clubs because of privacy settings

Hello everyone,

I have this issue with Xbox where I can't join any clubs because my privacy settings don't allow me to. But when I head over to my privacy settings, joining clubs is allowed... I have seen more people with this issue but haven't been able to find a fix for
    it. Anyone here who can help me further?

Best regards

:)

LennardBijker, Oct 16, 2018
  2. Worldsedit
    Worldsedit Guest
    help

I have same issue already check for me to allow join the clubs but still cannot join the club....solution please

if u can send to my email how to fix it

Worldsedit, Oct 16, 2018
  3. CibiThrawn
    CibiThrawn Guest
    I cant join clubs

I cant join clubs or relmes because my privacy setting

CibiThrawn, Oct 16, 2018
  4. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest

Hey Lennard,

Thanks for reaching out to us today! I'd be happy to help.

Is this joining clubs for any game or one game specifically?

Do you have an Xbox console or do you only use the Xbox App for Windows 10?

Let us know so we can further assist you!

XBF Diego M, Oct 16, 2018
  5. Hi Diego,

It is an issue for all groups I want to join, not for one game specifically. I do have an Xbox 360.

6. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hey Lennard,

I should've been more specific when I mentioned if you had a console because the 360 does not have the Club feature I believe.

I was going to ask if there was also trouble joining clubs on the console.

What is the error message you get when trying to join a club?

Einstellungen für Onlinesicherheit und Datenschutz auf Xbox One

On Xbox.com I would turn the setting to join clubs to blocked, sign out from your account then sign back in, change the setting back to allow and see if that helps. After changing it back to allow it may be a good idea to sign out and back in one more time
    and then try to join a club.

Let us know if that helps!

XBF Diego M, Oct 16, 2018
  7. Hi Diego,

Just tried it but it does not work. When I clicked 'Accept' to join the club on my browser (tried both Safari and Chrome), nothing happened. So I tried it on the Xbox app on iOS, logged out and back it, but when I tried to join the club I got the same message.
    I will add a screenshot which is in Dutch, but this is the message I get.

I hope there's a fix for this.

Best regards,

Lennard

Cannot join any clubs because of privacy settings [​IMG]

8. Cannot join any clubs because of privacy settings

Hi LennardBijker,

Do you have a child account if so that why you can't join any club if this is not the case then try a different accont or powercycle your xbox

ForzaDrift Girl, Oct 17, 2018
  9. I am not aware that I have a child account, I never created it like that nor are there any 'parents' connected to my account. So it can't be a child account.

What do you mean with try another account? If I switch to another account I don't have any games on there, and as I said earlier, I do not own an Xbox One, I'm on Windows.

LennardBijker, Oct 17, 2018
  10. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hey Lennard,

Is it not allowing you to join clubs for any game or just one game specifically? Also have you tried creating a club just for troubleshooting purposes?

This has been something known for joining or creating clubs for Forza Horizon 4 on the Xbox app for Windows 10.

XBF Diego M, Oct 18, 2018
  11. Already answered that question in a previous post Cannot join any clubs because of privacy settings :) It is for all clubs, not for a specific game. But the club I want to join is for Forza Horizon 4 yes.

Also can't create a club either. Same error.

LennardBijker, Oct 18, 2018
  12. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hey Lennard,

Yes, you are correct apologies for that.

By any chance would you happen to have another Xbox account that you may be able to try and join/create a party so we can see if it's an account issue?

I would also suggest to report this issue to Microsoft through the
    Feedback Hub on Windows 10

Also I recommend to possibly contact
    Xbox Support
    to see if there is anything they can see on your account that could be contributing to this.

XBF Diego M, Oct 18, 2018
  13. Cannot join any clubs because of privacy settings

Nope I do not have another account. Everytime I have the time to contact Microsoft their service is closed an I get redirected to the forums...

LennardBijker, Oct 18, 2018
  14. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hey Lennard,

Xbox Support
    recently transitioned to a call back system, where you need to follow the support portal after logging into the account needing assistance, then you select the category, and eventually it will ask for a callback number and region and tell you an estimated
    time.

If you need further guidance on going through the new support portal just let us know.

XBF Diego M, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: