Cannot Install or use any Xbox Apps on new laptop

Discus and support Cannot Install or use any Xbox Apps on new laptop in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 3 15 running on windows 11 and have been consistently having issues using any Xbox related app. This includes... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dalton Lott, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Dalton Lott
    Dalton Lott Guest

I recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 3 15 running on windows 11 and have been consistently having issues using any Xbox related app. This includes the main Xbox app and xbox gaming services.

Whenever I try to install or use the gaming services app or main Xbox app i get error message 0x8007490 and the apps either cannot download, saying "something happened on our end", or I am given the error message as seen above. I have tried methods listed on other posts, such as running windows troubleshooter to fix the windows updater and installing the latest updates. I have also tried WSreset along with other generic attempts at a fix. I am at my wits end here and just want to be able to use my new laptop to its full functionality

Edited to include screenshot of error in Windows Store

Cannot Install or use any Xbox Apps on new laptop [​IMG]

:)

Dalton Lott, Dec 7, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor. I am happy to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that. I advise that you reset/reinstall your Microsoft Store. You should be able to reinstall the store by following these steps:
    1. Go to settings> Update and Security> troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooter> Then click Windows Store apps
    2. Temporarily Disable the Anti-virus (If you have third party anti virus)
    3. Run Powershell.
    4. On Powershell (admin), copy and paste the command below:
    Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_. InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

For more details on the above and more troubleshooting tips, kindly visit: https://learn.microsoft.com/answers/questions/891536/how-to-reinstall-microsoft-store

I hope this helps.
  3. Hoskayra Win User

Hi Dalton, my name is Oskayra and I will be happy to help you.

Unfortunately those settings are only available in windows 10, not 11.

Another option I can recommend depending on your problem and I have also experienced in my experience is to reinstall windows and check for windows update for all my updates. I use windows 10 and have had no problems with anything, but I have noticed that windows 11 does, if so you could also report the problem through microsoft support at the following link.

[https://support.microsoft.com/home/contact?SourceApp=smcivr1]

Navigate to the search bar and enter your problem. Press Enter or click "Get Help". Log in to access the support options. Choose the appropriate product, select the appropriate category and confirm your selection. The system will provide you with support options to assist you further.

Another Option is to check with a driver updater like driverbooster in its pro version and update all windows plugins.

I hope it will be solved.

Thanks for your understanding and I hope the problem will be solved.

Best regards Oskayra
  4. Dalton Lott Win User

Thank you for the reply, I am confused about the first step of your directions, since I do not see those options in my settings
    [​IMG]

This is what my settings options look like. I attempted the command in PowerShell despite not doing the first step of the instructions and got errors that look like this:

[​IMG]
  5. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Screen Captures will not delete from Xbox One S. Have tried everything

6. JasKandula Win User

Tetris Effect Connected: A network error occurred. Please check your internet connection. Can you help to resolve this?

Thanks again.

Somewhat reluctant to change the router settings, I decided to dig out my old laptop, installed the Xbox app and tetris app onto it. It worked. Good news as it shows it must be a config issue on the PC itself - the laptop was tested on the same network.

Any other suggestions on modifying settings on the PC itself to get the game working?
Thema:

1. Cannot Install or use any Xbox Apps on new laptop - Similar Threads - Cannot Install Apps

2. I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...: I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message from Windows 11: "We weren't able to install the app (0x80073CF6)" 31635452-d5bb-429e-a940-28a80cf9fb78
  3. Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...: Hi, A long while ago (many years), I purchased ONE game from the MS store and after running into so much trouble, I never even considered using the MS store ever again for purchasing games. Now...
  4. Cannot install Xbox app for my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install Xbox app for my PC: Hey, I'm having a really weird issue. I'm just trying to download the Xbox app for Windows. I have plenty of space on both of my hardrives, have a fine internet connection, nothing obvious wrong....
  5. XBox app cannot be installed on a freshly installed Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox app cannot be installed on a freshly installed Windows 11: Reinstalled windows today (2023-12-02) and unable to install Xbox app, I've downloaded it from the XBox website, and the installer keep looping though the words: - making things awesome -...
  6. I cannot download/install XBOX app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot download/install XBOX app: So I just added a new SSD to my slot 2 on motherboard, properly formatted and tried to re-install Starfield on it, which failed for some reasons. Then I started to get BSOD after startup so...
  7. I cannot install some of the games the error code ox80073cf3 xbox app pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot install some of the games the error code ox80073cf3 xbox app pc: I cannot install some of the games the error code ox80073cf3 [img] c725698f-89b7-4651-adea-57caa7703bc1
  8. Cannot Install The Xbox App on Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Install The Xbox App on Windows 10: Hello, I just purchased game pass for PC and am trying to install the Xbox app through the Microsoft store and it refuses to install. It repeatedly gives error code: 0x80070005 ---- PC Specs:...
  9. xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation: I was attempting to download a game, Wolfenstein: the new order, when my PC crashed, causing me to use a system restore point. after windows was restored I turned on the xbox app to restart the...
  10. Cannot set any drive other than C: for default install location in the Xbox app for Windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot set any drive other than C: for default install location in the Xbox app for Windows: Had to open a new thread since the last one was closed too quickly. I recently added a new boot drive to my computer and did a clean install of Windows 11. However, ever since, the Xbox app no...