Cannot hear or speak online with chat headset

Discus and support Cannot hear or speak online with chat headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I tried all the troubleshooting, and I can send voice chats to my friends. However, I cannot hear other gamers or speak to them as well. I know the mic... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by neoDISGRACE, Dec 20, 2015.

1. neoDISGRACE
    neoDISGRACE Guest

I tried all the troubleshooting, and I can send voice chats to my friends. However, I cannot hear other gamers or speak to them as well. I know the mic works ( i have two different ones and two different controllers). How do I turn it on for gaming? Thanks
    in advance for your help. Have fun!

:)

neoDISGRACE, Dec 20, 2015
  2. New Astro A50 Gen 3 Headset Issue With Game Chat...

New Astro A50 Gen 3 Headset Issue With Game Chat
    I purchased and set up the new Astro A50 Gen 3 headset according to the

set up guide. My XBOX DayOne recognized and assigned the headset (via base

unit). However, in Destiny alone, game chat is bugged. I can hear the

other members of my fire team but they cannot hear me. My emblem shows

the speaker icon, but no indication of audio from my microphone or being

muted when I mute it. In other words, Destiny game chat does not

recognize my headset's microphone. Party chat is not an issue.

MillerLyte Kidd, Dec 20, 2015
  3. Game chat not working

Hello. I'm aware that some people are experiencing party chat problems. My problem I'm having has to do with game chat. I'm playing COD ghosts and when I speak through the headset provided with the xbox one the icon lights up and the other players can
    hear me but I can't hear them through the speaker of the head set. If I unplug the headset I can hear their voices through the tv. Then I'll plug back in and I can't hear them again but they can hear me. Can anyone possibly tell me what's wrong. It's frustrating
    not being able to game chat while playing a game like COD Idk if it's the headset or if it's the online Connectivity. My NAT type is set to open if that helps

SiDeWiNdERx316, Dec 20, 2015
  4. neoDISGRACE
    neoDISGRACE Guest

Weird....a half and hour later after this post...its works after weeks of trying. Thank you Xbox for fixing it.

neoDISGRACE, Dec 20, 2015
  5. neoDISGRACE
    neoDISGRACE Guest
    Do I have to turn it on for every game? I noticed I cannot hear or speak on Star Wars now, but I could for Plants v Zombies.

neoDISGRACE, Oct 31, 2018
  6. neoDISGRACE Win User

Do I have to turn it on for every game? I noticed I cannot hear or speak on Star Wars now, but I could for Plants v Zombies.
  7. neoDISGRACE Win User

Weird....a half and hour later after this post...its works after weeks of trying. Thank you Xbox for fixing it.
  8. ThumbnailBox451 Win User

Microphones on both of my headsets not working since this week's update

I can't hear anybody through my TB XO One headset, but they can hear me. Game chat is fine, but in party chat it doesn't work. It shows me speaking when I speak, and my friends tell me they can hear me, and if I unplug the headset, I can hear people speaking
    through the TV speakers.

The fact that game chat still works proves that it's Microsoft's software, not my headset, adapter, Xbox or controller.
  9. WhileyCoyote00 Win User

CHAT HEADSET STOPPED WORKING AND SOLUTION

@gh0stz. Im having the exact same problem. in party chat if my headset is connected they can hear me but i cannot hear them. However, when I'm not in party chat and the headset is connected, I hear game sound through the headset but no chat sound. let me
    know if you have found a solution
  10. BigGuy219 Win User

Xbox one mic stopped working

I am having the same issue as well. I am using the Xbox One chat headset. I can hear through the headset perfectly well. But my voice cannot be heard - not in party chat and not in game chat either. Nothing lights up when I speak. I have gone through all
    of the steps outlined above. But I am hesitant to buy a new headset only to find that it still does not work because of a software issue from a recent update.
Thema:

1. Cannot hear or speak online with chat headset - Similar Threads - Cannot hear speak

2. I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...: For the last 2 weeks, I have gotten randomly disconnected from my Xbox party yet it does not say disconnected nor connecting, and the issue will happen if I leave my current party to join another....
  3. I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.: I've tried and verified that it isn't a hardware issue by seeing if they work on a different computer and used 2 pairs of headphones. It started randomly when I plugged my headset in and my...
  4. I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite: I can’t hear anybody or talk on Fortnite d757a28c-e81c-40a4-a0de-2f804b61df31
  5. Xbox wireless headphones cannot hear other players talking while gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headphones cannot hear other players talking while gaming: Hi team, My Xbox wireless headset cannot hear other players talking while gaming. We have reset the settings and have altered the left ear cup so that it is in the middle position but still not...
  6. I cannot hear voice chat on fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot hear voice chat on fortnite: Whenever i try and hear voice chat on fortnite, it doesnt work. Even party chat on xbox works. It works if i am using cloud on my laptop, and only one instance it has worked on my xbox since the...
  7. i am streaming on twitch and cannot hear my friends through my stream

in XBoX on Windows
    i am streaming on twitch and cannot hear my friends through my stream: i am streaming on twitch, but whenever i’m playing with friends, you can’t hear them on my stream. you can only hear myself. how do i fix it? 05822477-7885-4f16-9809-0eb30846fecb
  8. Cannot speak or hear others in Party chat. (Returning Issue).

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot speak or hear others in Party chat. (Returning Issue).: I contacted Microsoft support about this issue yesterday, their suggested fix was restoring my Xbox to factory defaults - This fixed my issue until I logged in today and joined my friends party....
  9. Cannot speak in party/in-game chat. But can hear everyone through headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot speak in party/in-game chat. But can hear everyone through headset.: This all started just a few days ago. I tried joining a party to chat with friends. Only to find out that I my voice doesn't broadcast or project in chat. Nothing at all, I can hear them just...
  10. Cannot hear or speak in game chat on Destiny with the Xbox one basic headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot hear or speak in game chat on Destiny with the Xbox one basic headset: Ok first off Destiny is the only game I own so far that I really need to chat on while doing the Crucible multiplayer, so don't know if this is strickly a problem I am having with Destiny or if...