Cannot hear or speak in game chat on Destiny with the Xbox one basic headset

Discus and support Cannot hear or speak in game chat on Destiny with the Xbox one basic headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok first off Destiny is the only game I own so far that I really need to chat on while doing the Crucible multiplayer, so don't know if this is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Maddoxx75, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Maddoxx75
    Maddoxx75 Guest

Ok first off Destiny is the only game I own so far that I really need to chat on while doing the Crucible multiplayer, so don't know if this is strickly a problem I am having with Destiny or if this is an overall problem with the Xbox one itself. I have
    looked up online and tried several things to try and make this work. None of my friends yet have an xbox one so not sure if I can even chat in party chat. I have tested my connection and everything is good and Nat is open. I have updated my controllers with
    the headset attached. I have tried the in game switching between party and in game chat. So far nothing is working. When I do join a crucible match the speaker symbol is by my name and when I talk it moves like I am speaking. There are no speaker icons next
    to any other names on my team. So I don't know if they can hear me or not obviously since I can't hear if they are responding. I do have a wired Turtle Beach headset. I just haven't gone to buy the adapter to use it. It may not work either. I'm at a loss folks.
    Please help! Thanks in advance.

:)

Maddoxx75, Oct 15, 2014
  2. New Astro A50 Gen 3 Headset Issue With Game Chat...

New Astro A50 Gen 3 Headset Issue With Game Chat
    I purchased and set up the new Astro A50 Gen 3 headset according to the

set up guide. My XBOX DayOne recognized and assigned the headset (via base

unit). However, in Destiny alone, game chat is bugged. I can hear the

other members of my fire team but they cannot hear me. My emblem shows

the speaker icon, but no indication of audio from my microphone or being

muted when I mute it. In other words, Destiny game chat does not

recognize my headset's microphone. Party chat is not an issue.

MillerLyte Kidd, Oct 15, 2014
  3. neoDISGRACE
    neoDISGRACE Guest
    Cannot hear or speak online with chat headset

Do I have to turn it on for every game? I noticed I cannot hear or speak on Star Wars now, but I could for Plants v Zombies.

neoDISGRACE, Oct 15, 2014
  4. Maddoxx75
    Maddoxx75 Guest

Oh one other thing, I also went into my privacy setting and set them so everyone can hear my chat. So once again thanks for any help.

Maddoxx75, Oct 15, 2014
  5. Perqasset
    Perqasset Guest
    I'm having the same problem have you found a soloution?

Perqasset, Jan 23, 2015
  6. Hey there Perqasset!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!

Mister Quimby, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: