Cannot hear in-game chat in any game

Discus and support Cannot hear in-game chat in any game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Party chat works fine for me. I can party up with friends and the in-party chat works just as it should. However, if I switch to game chat with the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by seanloughran, Feb 12, 2021.

1. seanloughran
    seanloughran Guest

Party chat works fine for me. I can party up with friends and the in-party chat works just as it should. However, if I switch to game chat with the people in the party, we cannot hear one another nor can I hear anyone I'm not partied up with. The same is the case if I am not in a party. I know that it's an issue on my end because I've gone into game with friends where we are not in a party chat, and my friends can hear our other teammates while I cannot.

Not sure what the issue is. I've made sure that all my privacy settings are open. I do not know of other obvious things that would be causing this issue.

:)

seanloughran, Feb 12, 2021
  2. Mister Beep Win User

Cannot hear in game voice chat on any Black Ops games.

Hey there,

I think I saw you on reddit, so I'll link
    your solution you posted
    . Apologies for the delayed reply here, but thanks for posting up that solution! We're happy to hear it got resolved.

If by some very rare chance that wasn't you on reddit (since your posts are identical). give that solution I linked a shot and let us know if that helps!
  3. RobertErpelding Win User

Xbox one elite series 2 no audio

Update.

So the microphone lets me talk, and i can also hear party chat and voice messages. But cannot hear the game or normal xbox guide noises.

Any ideas ?
  4. SP Rhino Win User

Turtle Beach XP500 Help Please

Ah well there is always one, with the iq of a biscuit on here, anywhoo, further to my last request i cannot hear any friends on chat, i can hear all other game noises etc
  5. Legend 2521 Win User

Self Muted

This same problem has happened to me to and in the same game. I hear my friends chatting but they cannot hear me in party chat or any other chat. I have already posted a forum about this problem but I replied on this so it might be faster to get to a solution
    for me. Please help as soon as possible.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Cannot hear anyone game or party chat

When you're in a party make sure your character is switched to party chat and not game chat. You can check this by highlighting your character in the party app and then press A to select the game or party chat options.
Thema:

1. Cannot hear in-game chat in any game - Similar Threads - Cannot hear game

2. Xbox wireless headphones cannot hear other players talking while gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headphones cannot hear other players talking while gaming: Hi team, My Xbox wireless headset cannot hear other players talking while gaming. We have reset the settings and have altered the left ear cup so that it is in the middle position but still not...
  3. I cannot hear game chat or able to play with PC and Playstation. I have tried everything,...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot hear game chat or able to play with PC and Playstation. I have tried everything,...: I cannot play or hear any cross platform in MW2 24ee3da5-d6c2-43cf-92a5-01e24977d266
  4. I cannot hear Game audio, only voice chat and other people, I’ve looked through every...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot hear Game audio, only voice chat and other people, I’ve looked through every...: I cannot hear Game audio, only voice chat and other people, I’ve looked through every setting but I could be wrong, is there an easy fix to this. 6acb0d12-3960-409f-9a07-41d9951cabf4
  5. When streaming from console my stream cannot hear my friends on game chat

in XboX Insiders
    When streaming from console my stream cannot hear my friends on game chat: When streaming from console my stream cannot hear my friends on game chat submitted by /u/Constant-Factor6694 [link] [comments]
  6. When streaming from console my stream cannot hear my friends on game chat

in XboX Insiders
    When streaming from console my stream cannot hear my friends on game chat: When streaming from console my stream cannot hear my friends on game chat, it really hinders the stream experience and lately I don't even have the motivation to stream since I found that out :/...
  7. I cannot talk to or hear anyone on discord while I’m playing a game

in XboX Insiders
    I cannot talk to or hear anyone on discord while I’m playing a game: I’m able to connect to calls and such but after 3 seconds or so of going on a game, it stops working and I cannot hear or talk to anyone Any help/fixes?? submitted by /u/Awkward_Ad5370 [link]...
  8. Cannot hear in game Fortnite chat on stream.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot hear in game Fortnite chat on stream.: When I play/stream Fortnite, the in game chat cannot be heard on Twitch. I play with people on different platforms, so we cannot use party chat (I know how to make party chat work on stream). It...
  9. I cannot hear game chat at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot hear game chat at all: I’ve been experiencing problems with in-game voice chats (namely Apex, Overwatch and Warzone) where I cannot hear anything they are saying, and they cannot hear anything I am saying. I know it’s...
  10. Cannot hear game audio but can hear party?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot hear game audio but can hear party?: I'm gonna keep this short and simple. I've been using my earbuds for about a month now and had no problems, but today when I got on my Xbox 1, I try playing some games with my friend. I can hear...